Options

Ed uses plants in the audience?

over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I just recalled this from the Boston show. Someone yelled out to Eddie "Who are you voting for?" and he responded with "I like to keep my political views to myself," probably not exactly but something like that if I remember correctly. And then an Obama '08 banner walked across the stage. So wouldn't this have to have been set up?

I'm just laughing thinking of the thought of Eddie using plants for some reason.
Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    over_bends wrote:
    I just recalled this from the Boston show. Someone yelled out to Eddie "Who are you voting for?" and he responded with "I like to keep my political views to myself," probably not exactly but something like that if I remember correctly. And then an Obama '08 banner walked across the stage. So wouldn't this have to have been set up?

I'm just laughing thinking of the thought of Eddie using plants for some reason.

yea it's a setup....someone from the crew yells it out i believe
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    over_bends wrote:

yeah it was funny. I assumed it was theo or another friend of his in the audience. crew member makes sense too.
  • Options
    That's pretty funny. Wouldn't bother me but alot of people around here seem to flip out when people have been yelling stuff at his solo shows. Something tells me they wouldn't freak out about this one eventhough it's almost exactly the same as shouting out requests.
  • Options
    That's pretty funny. Wouldn't bother me but alot of people around here seem to flip out when people have been yelling stuff at his solo shows. Something tells me they wouldn't freak out about this one eventhough it's almost exactly the same as shouting out requests.

no it's not. trust me.
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    that person was sitting right next to me! well i was on the right wing row c and he was on the other side of the railing wayyy right
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    it seemed staged to me too.

i yelled out "he's a puppet too" as in Obama

i hate seeing Ed get swindled by Obama :(
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Same exact thing and wording happened at Berkley 1. Totally staged!
  • Options

Dude I heard you! You're famous! :D
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    5882300 wrote:
    Same exact thing and wording happened at Berkley 1. Totally staged!

San Diego 1 also...
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    staged or not it was pretty funny
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    Sane MarySane Mary Posts: 223
    over_bends wrote:

Same thing at Berkeley 1. Lame that it is a set up.
  • Options
    pweafer4 wrote:
    staged or not it was pretty funny

I think it's more funny that it was staged!
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    Thought that thread title was talkin' bout a whole different kind of plant.
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    Tomorrow I am going to yell out that I'm an Idiot!
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    halfway into the thread, I'm like what the fuck does that title mean?

there has to have been a better way to phrase that, lol.

it's funny, I always usually agreed with most of Ed's politics, but this is one of the bigger ones that I don't agree with at all.
  • Options
    Born.Mine.DieBorn.Mine.Die Vancouver Posts: 225

me tooo...
    ;D haha
    9/1/05, 9/2/05, 9/4/05, 9/5/05, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 5/27/06, 5/30/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 7/20/06, 7/22/06,7/23/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 9/25/09,10/06/09,10/07/09, 05/07/10, 09/25/11, 07/16/13,12/04/13,12/06/13, 10/14/14, 4/7/17, 08/08/18, 08/10/18, 05/04/24

EV 04/02/08, 04/03/08, 07/16/11
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I totally thought about the same thing.

I usually use plants in the audience too ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options

:D

seriously..i am very passionate when it comes to this shit.

when i yelled it was like....instinct!
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792

Seriously doubt anyone is getting swindled. The greater evil has been in office for the past 8 years and look where we're at. Obama may be the lesser evil; but i think the past 8 years has been a lesson learned.
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    Open wrote:
    Seriously doubt anyone is getting swindled. The greater evil has been in office for the past 8 years and look where we're at. Obama may be the lesser evil; but i think the past 8 years has been a lesson learned.

I totally agree
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000

Your name is a riot.

I think I am going to change my name to the Purple Shamrock.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Open wrote:

maybe some of us are sick and tired of choosing between the lesser of the two evils and want a real red blooded American patriot in office!!!

I'm sick of these silver spoon scum bags and their empty promises selling us out in the name of their bank accounts. so you & Ed and the rest of the naive lemmings can run and vote for Obama.you are all pipe dreaming if you think he isn't just as much of a useless puppet as Bush.

oh and just for the record i fucking HATE McCain !!

and to anyone who is about to say anything about this being a subject for the "moving train"....you can kiss my ass!! 2 X !!
  • Options
    JpedsJpeds Posts: 9

Wow. Yeah I too thought Ed was more informed on this puppet. I guess not. Too bad.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I don't think Obama is the answer, but I am voting for him because I think it would go a long way to restoring America's image if we vote him in. It won't be much, but it's a start. It's bound to be better than voting in McCain anyway. None of these candidates may be the answer but Obama brings an excitement to this country's politics that the country desperately needs. Yea, voting in a guy because he is exciting is no bueno, but when the alternative is Mccain, then yea, it's why Obama gets my vote.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    maybe some of us are sick and tired of choosing between the lesser of the two evils and want a real red blooded American patriot in office!!!

What exactly do you mean by "red-blooded American patriot"? I guess Obama doesn't qualify because he's black and has a weird name.

Just curious, who would you actually want to run for president? I might take the Obama-haters more seriously if you suggested an alternative.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    Sane Mary wrote:

It would have been pretty hard for the gag to work without it.

sheesh.

It was funny in Boston.
  • Options
    Jpeds wrote:
    Wow. Yeah I too thought Ed was more informed on this puppet. I guess not. Too bad.

well what's he gonna do, not vote?
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    What exactly do you mean by "red-blooded American patriot"? I guess Obama doesn't qualify because he's black and has a weird name.

Just curious, who would you actually want to run for president? I might take the Obama-haters more seriously if you suggested an alternative.

yeah I found the term "red-blooded american patriot" a little strange as well. I guess it's the opposite of "blue blooded" as in rich. I respect Obama because of his education, he was a professor. I'll take a professor over a "patriot" (soldier?) any day.
  • Options
    Patriot as in someone who loves his country first and foremost!! (like Thomas Jefferson or Patrick Henry!!) and is going to do things with the interest of our country and it's people first.

Ron Paul is 1000x the man Obama will ever be.i know there are a lot of idiots that spread disinfo about Ron on the net but he is fore-father material and would of set this country back on course.But the establishment fears him so they did a few things to try and disscredit him and all the morons swallowed it hook,line & sinker.

Obama is just a puppet like bush,in the pocket of the Zionists and big business.the only problem is Americans are too stupid and controlled by the media to understand what is going on and who is really to blame.

please don't pull that black shit with me either,i could care less if he was polka dotted.i am willing to bet i have more friends of color than most of you on this board so please don't insinuate I'm raciest because you'd be dead wrong.

all i care about is my country and the dire condition it is in!!!

i make it a point to seek the truth! i don't fall for divide and conquer tactics anymore (democrat vs republican,liberal vs conservative)
    i was a "leftest type" democrat before i woke up so i know where a lot of you are coming from because i was once there too.

maybe some of you saw me at Mansfield I with my "either way we are fucked '08" shirt. I think it sums it up quite nicely.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Sane Mary wrote:

Is there any other way to do it?

"Hey, Jim ... stand off stage with this giant Obama banner all night, on the off chance that someone in the crowd asks who I am voting for."

You're being silly.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do