Options

Now that my round of tickets are up I'll reveal the secret to score them.

over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Don't refresh the page.
Don't keep clicking the tickets link for it to pop up.

Keep clicking the top shows icon at the time. The next show will then replace the top one in your rapid clicking, you will have already clicked the new pair that you want. Saves the mouse work of moving across the screen. Those tenths of seconds can mean getting them and not! Shave ticks shave ticks shave ticks!

I was 4 for 4.
Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,519
    over_bends wrote:

I was 4 for 4.
    You make me sick :p!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Shave ticks, score tix
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    I did the same thing and was 1 for 6, with 2 second refreshes...???
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Why the fuck do you need to go to four shows
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    mamasanmamasan Posts: 25
    this is correct. and do not ever 'refresh.' just use the backspace key on your keyboard after you have seen the 'buy' button for the first time. just keep hitting backspace until hitting 'buy' actually works (when it doesn't work it will read 'temp out of stock'... just hit backspace and click 'buy' again... do this over and over and over)
    charlotte 4.16.2003, atlanta 4.19.2003, wash dc 7.01.2003
    hershey 7.12.2003, toledo 10.02.2004, asheville 10.06.2004
    kissimmee 10.08.2004, wash dc 5.30.2006, lolla 8.05.2007
    west palm beach 6.11.2008, tampa 6.12.2008, columbia 6.16.2008
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:

Why not?
    Yield!

• Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    over_bends wrote:
    Why not?

I understand wanting to go to that many shows, but I also see the other side. Ed's setlists for the west coast leg really weren't too different.
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Oxxys wrote:

Because the schedule prevents attendance at 12.

I understand why you ask though! ;)
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Oxxys wrote:
    because 10c doesn't limit the number of shows. If I had the money and no kids I would do the same thing.

I hope I am 1 for 1 after today.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Don't refresh the page.

Keep clicking the top shows icon at the time. The next show will then replace the top one in your rapid clicking, you will have already clicked the new pair that you want. Saves the mouse work of moving across the screen. Those tenths of seconds can mean getting them and not! Shave ticks shave ticks shave ticks!

I was 4 for 4.

I was like 30 for 30 untill this ed ved show, the ten club told me they clear their system every 15 mins from the start and refresh the tickets, and like every 15 mins we were getting the buy icon, it just kept getting screwed up after that, I was getting 48 clicks a min, that made my hand tired.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    mozetti wrote:
    I understand wanting to go to that many shows, but I also see the other side. Ed's setlists for the west coast leg really weren't too different.

Thanks for the understanding. Unlike many others, I don't go for the need to see 85 different unique songs. It's an intimate night with my musical hero in a small place. This may very well not pass my chance again. It's also a chance to travel and see some beautiful cities that America has to offer.
    Yield!

• Options
    because 10c doesn't limit the number of shows. If I had the money and no kids I would do the same thing.

I hope I am 1 for 1 after today.

TIP:

CLEAR YOUR COOKIES!!!!!!!

And disable Java and Javascript. So I've been told...

But clearing the cookies made all the difference for me!!!!
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    over_bends wrote:
    Don't refresh the page.

I was 4 for 4.

my system works fine thank you. i got tickets in oh, a tenth of a second...

and i only need to go to one show, i wont steal someone elses ticket who may miss out because of me.

enjoy the shows everyone!
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    over_bends wrote:
    Thanks for the understanding. Unlike many others, I don't go for the need to see 85 different unique songs. It's an intimate night with my musical hero in a small place. This may very well not pass my chance again. It's also a chance to travel and see some beautiful cities that America has to offer.

this is key....i went to 3 shows and i should/wanted to go to more....but then i go to concerts to see music performed not how many different/rare songs are played
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    over_bends wrote:
    It's also a chance to travel and see some beautiful cities that America has to offer.

Like Newark, Harlem NYC, and Milwaukee?

I do Bridge work in Jersey, every bridge I have ever worked on in Newark is loaded with crack pipes, and crack heads...Hopefully United Palace is cooler in person than on the map, and I am a softy for Beer and Cheese...so I partially agree...
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    TIP:

seriously....I thought it helped having info from the website in your cookies? I'm not to computer smart.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I think the point is that by you getting what is essentially the same "intimate night" 4 times, you prevent 3 other people from doing so once.

I am only going to 2 shows and if there was only one in Toronto, I would only be gonig to one. But to each his own.

And there's also a good chance that if I decided to sit it out that 3 guys going to their 9th shows would have swept in preventing them to get it also. It's a personal decision. If I feel like it's worth my money, I'll go. If I don't, I won't. In a situation like this, not going to a show you want to see on the off-chance that the tickets you would have gotten would have gone to a person going to their one and only are silly.
    Yield!

• Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    TIP:

all you have to do is buy a sticker first to make sure its working, I do it all the time so it wasnt the cookies, its just their system, and it just is beat, even when i got pj tickets for all the 08 shows I remeber how frustrating it was, wasted like 5 afternoons 0obsessing over pj tickets, it seems foolish looking back, but it is what it is.

no more shows
  • Options
    Like Newark, Harlem NYC, and Milwaukee?

I do Bridge work in Jersey, every bridge I have ever worked on in Newark is loaded with crack pipes, and crack heads...Hopefully United Palace is cooler in person than on the map, and I am a softy for Beer and Cheese...so I partially agree...

Well, I'm going to Boston... I live in NY... and then DC.

Three beautiful cities with plenty to offer! Not bad in 2 and a half weeks time with Eddie Vedder waiting for you in each.
    Yield!

• Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    over_bends wrote:

You could repay my understanding with a ticket for one of the DC shows.

:D - j/k, that wasn't my intention. But if you do have an extra ...
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:

and i only need to go to one show, i wont steal someone elses ticket who may miss out because of me.

How altruistic of you.

Now is that one per lifetime? For PJ too?

Just curious? ;)
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:

You and I have different definitions of stealing apparently.
    Yield!

• Options
    What worked for me as I was 2-2 for these shows, as another suggested:

1. use Firefox
    2. clear your cache
    3. when you're on the Goods page, right click on the page, choose "This Frame" and click "Show Only This Frame."
    4. do not use REFRESH; just click on Tickets to refresh the page

However, I don't think this makes too much of a difference. I think the keys are to be ready right at sell time, to have a fast connection, and a TON of luck.
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:

you are 100% wrong, every show I have baught tix for I have had the same problem, as the ten club told me its a race.

As far as people going to mutiple shows that is great, people cant be mad at them, its a free country, I dont even care that I didnt get, im sure we will get them, its just frustrating playing these games on the computer.

no more shows
  • Options
    you are 100% wrong, every show I have baught tix for I have had the same problem, as the ten club told me its a race.

As far as people going to mutiple shows that is great, people cant be mad at them, its a free country, I dont even care that I didnt get, im sure we will get them, its just frustrating playing these games on the computer.

i could have gone to probably 4 or 5 shows. and i'm willing to bet i probably would have gotten tickets to every night or damn close. but, the setlist doesnt change and i dont NEED to be in the 'intimate' setting like 6 times to make my life feel complete. so, thats a few extra tickets per show that someone else might get and enjoy. im just doing my part

LOL
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Because the schedule prevents attendance at 12.

I understand why you ask though! ;)

Fuck yeah! My favorite comeback. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    double post
  • Options
    "Make my life complete" ...are you ok?
    Yield!

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I was like 30 for 30 untill this ed ved show, the ten club told me they clear their system every 15 mins from the start and refresh the tickets, and like every 15 mins we were getting the buy icon, it just kept getting screwed up after that, I was getting 48 clicks a min, that made my hand tired.

yes, my first shut out as well after 28 pearl jam shows, all 10c tix, except when there simply were no 10c tix - such as VFC. it's bound to happen, so i am thankful for my lucky streak. :)

also VERY thankful for scoring a fellow 10clubber's spare ticket for NYC night 2, so i'm all good. hubby didn't want to go in any case, and while it would be nice to go with a firend, no biggie.....i'll be seeing ed, solo, at a small venue in my city....!!! and there are always friends about before/after in any case...;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Oxxys wrote:

LMFAO!!
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder