Options

Hey those of you who went to a few eV solo shows out West!

2»

Comments

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    I went to both L.A. shows.

I struck out on 10C tickets for Night 1, and ended up getting ticketmaster tickets in the balcony. The show was awesome, but I can't emphasize how glad I am that I decided to attend the second night as well. Being 20 feet from the stage (with 10C tickets) as opposed to being up in the balcony (with TM tickets) made Night 2 a totally different experience, and one that I will never forget.

That being said, I can't emphasize enough how "worth it" it was to pay for two shows on the E.V. tour.

If you do decide to go multiple shows, try getting tickets in the same city multiple nights (rather than one night each in different cities). That's your best chance for a varied setlist. Although many songs will repeat no matter what, you should get a decent mix by doing two shows in one city. For the L.A. shows, there were a total of 11 songs played on one night and not the other: Masters of War, Broken Hearted, If You Want to Sing Out - Sing Out, I Won't Back Down, Forever Young, Growin Up, Thumbing My Way, Goodbye, Picture In a Frame, Last Kiss, All Along the Watchtower.

For all of the comments about the static setlists, 11 non-repeats really isn't bad...definitely enough to make each of the 2 shows unique!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    pjtaper wrote:
    ugh, I think you already know how I feel on this.
    I wish I would have just went to one show.
    I'm hoping I get tickets to Milwaukee... and chicago is so easy to do, I'll probably go to chicago and hang out, but not see any show... unless there is someone good playing besides Ed Ved...
    He needs to switch it up more this tour, hopefully he will since he was just trouing with PJ... MORE PJ SONGS!!!!! Less Into the Wild/Millworker...
    so after all that complaining..... you're going again?
    just so long as we don't have to hear it when you get the same set again. :p
    save it for people dying to go!
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    For me, 2 shows was the perfect amount. Back to back, so that you see as much setlist variation as possible.
    agreed. seeing two shows was great...any more than that and i might have lost my enthusiasm.
    i'm still debating what to do on this one - i'm surprised there are no philly dates!
  • Options
    I loved the Ed Solo shows. I know there were some bitchin (ha what else is new on here?) about the shows but they were GREAT. I think people need to understand that you are seeing Eddie Vedder NOT Pearl Jam.

Was it worth it? YES. I saw 5 shows while the setlist was mostly the same there was something special to each one of them. I think Ed wanted to make each special. You are going to get a nice intimate show by Ed. Do not expect to be out of your seats rocking out like at a Pearl Jam show. This is purely Ed singing and playing his songs. You will also get a lot of cool personal stories/rants from Ed. In Berkley for example, he talked a lot about his daughter which was so enduring to hear. :) Ed will also make you laugh as only Ed knows how.

You will get the main songs from Into the Wild plus other songs and other songs Ed just happens to make up! lol I absolutely love MAN OF THE HOUR. When he plays this song is just amazing. I preffer the Ed solo version than the bands version. Although, I could do without "I'M OPEN!" :D But this is the East and I'm sure Ed will throw in other surprises.

Anyway, if you decide to go keep in mind this is Eddie and not PJ. If you go, you will enjoy it!!! :)
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    sgossard3 wrote:
    generally id agree... but dont you think given how few tickets there are people should share the wealth? no matter how sincere your desire and intentions to see EVERY shows theres no reason to hog
    I completely agree. All of you who see multiple EV shows, do you realize how many fans get locked out completely and don't get to see even one show? It is selfish, as these are not big venue shows and there are limited tickets. SHARE THE WEALTH with other EV fans.
    Consume less, share more.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I completely agree. All of you who see multiple EV shows, do you realize how many fans get locked out completely and don't get to see even one show? It is selfish, as these are not big venue shows and there are limited tickets. SHARE THE WEALTH with other EV fans.
    Consume less, share more.

Haven't you realized by now that the overwhelming majority of Pearl Jam fans are in fact greedy and very selfish..and couldn't care less about anything aside from the number of shows attended, poster collections, zippo lighters, and seat allocations..lol..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Haven't you realized by now that the overwhelming majority of Pearl Jam fans are in fact greedy and very selfish..and couldn't care less about anything aside from the number of shows attended, poster collections, zippo lighters, and seat allocations..lol..
    Oh yeah, I've realized that...which is the problem with Americans in general. No one has a conscience.
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    The Champ wrote:
    that's quite a negative gerneralization :(

if you have the time, money and desire to see every EV show, and the computer fast enough to get tickets, then do it.

who the hell is anyone to call people greedy and selfish for wanting to see multiple shows or to tell people to "share the wealth?" how many shows are all of you trying for? just 1? you better hope so...

i can't believe ppl are freaking out about this already...

that being said i want to see 2 or 3, but would totally be happy with 1...
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    svenstephy wrote:
    that's quite a negative gerneralization :(

if you have the time, money and desire to see every EV show, and the computer fast enough to get tickets, then do it.

who the hell is anyone to call people greedy and selfish for wanting to see multiple shows or to tell people to "share the wealth?" how many shows are all of you trying for? just 1? you better hope so...

i can't believe ppl are freaking out about this already...

that being said i want to see 2 or 3, but would totally be happy with 1...

You are so right. To say "no one has a conscience" because they want to go to more than one show is completely insane. It's one thing if you are taking something someone needs to survive away from them. This is a freaking concert!!!! I'd tell you to get off your high moral ground, Jeanwah, but I doubt you would hear me as high up as you are.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    over_bends wrote:
    Was it worth following these shows around considering the similar setlists? Is it really a seen one seen them all type thing or each show was special? I'm pretty much expecting the answer from those people to be the latter, but I'd still like to hear some thoughts.

I went to four of his shows and for me it is like seeing the band in different places. The setlist was similar, but each show was different in vibe, banter with the crowd, and guests that showed up. It was definitely worth seeing him in more than one place. If I only went to one show I would have missed out on seeing Mike come out in Berkeley or hearing a specialized song Ed made for Santa Cruz. Go to as many as you can, you will not regret it.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    You are so right. To say "no one has a conscience" because they want to go to more than one show is completely insane. It's one thing if you are taking something someone needs to survive away from them. This is a freaking concert!!!! I'd tell you to get off your high moral ground, Jeanwah, but I doubt you would hear me as high up as you are.

Dude, I want to go to one show. That's all I ask for. But when I'm in competition w/ people who believe that one friggin show just isn't good enough for them, because they need 2,3 or more shows to see, and there are LIMITED tickets because these are small venues, is when I question the excessiveness of some people. If these were bigger venues, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But people will get locked out of seeing ONE show, where others are wallowing in numerous ones.
  • Options
    It's all perspective, man. Personally, similar setlist doesn't matter. The guy is so freaking talented, you have to see and hear to really get it. Im sure you do already, but it was such a pleasure being able to go to two shows in a row. His mood is different, the crowd is different, the vibe is different, and I'll be goddamned if Liam Finn wasn't one of the best openers you could ask for. His live performance is so much louder and powerful than his CD. It's a buyers market, go as much as want. For each his own.
    Rockon
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Dude, I want to go to one show. That's all I ask for. But when I'm in competition w/ people who believe that one friggin show just isn't good enough for them, because they need 2,3 or more shows to see, and there are LIMITED tickets because these are small venues, is when I question the excessiveness of some people. If these were bigger venues, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But people will get locked out of seeing ONE show, where others are wallowing in numerous ones.

Everyone has the same chance to get tickets. By trying to get tickets to more than one show, you could get yourself shut out of any shows. Plus when people buy tickets to multiple shows, they usually only want one ticket which is why it is cool that the 10 Club sells pairs. It is fairly easy to track down someone else in the 10 Club that has a ticket to sell.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    i went to both LA shows, back to back nights and they were different enough for me, different seats, different songs, different experiences.
    i'm trying for 3 this time. milwaukee and both chicago shows.
    while the songs played might be somewhat repetitive..no two shows were or will be the same.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    Hey
    I was trying to decide if I want to go to the Ed solo shows or not. I think for me, mike stone jeff matt and boom make the concert. If they aren't there, is it gonna feel like ur missing something?

Also, can someone please post a setlist or 2 from the 1st leg.

Thanks
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I think you're probably dreaming if you think that the only reason getting tickets will be a challenge is due to people attending multiple shows. If everyone only goes to one show, you'll still have a damn difficult time getting tickets.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    :o oops, I made a similar thread never saw this one when I made mine.

But I'm taking both threads' suggestions to heart. Thanks guys.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    scottyBscottyB Posts: 8
    I went to both San Diego shows and for me it was well worth it to go to both. The shows were very different IMO and I got to hear ARC the first night which simply blew my mind in that small arena. Second night had some standouts too, like Ed playing Forever Young for his mother on the first guitar she ever bought him. I don't think you need to go to all of them, but if you can make 2 or 3, I would do it in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    scottyB wrote:
    I went to both San Diego shows and for me it was well worth it to go to both. The shows were very different IMO and I got to hear ARC the first night which simply blew my mind in that small arena. Second night had some standouts too, like Ed playing Forever Young for his mother on the first guitar she ever bought him. I don't think you need to go to all of them, but if you can make 2 or 3, I would do it in a heartbeat.
    thats the only thing im afraid of if i go to only one... i HAVE to see arc... what if he doesnt play it at my show?!?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/