Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    deadendp said:

Yup. We're just going overnight and since it is on family property, we don't have to bring half of the crap we took when we went on vacation camping this past end of week/weekend.

Do you hear the frogs and katydids outside right now?

side note - I could've lived and died without EVER guess that that was how katydids is spelled.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • ldent42 said:

Yes. I used to keep an emergency $20 in my phone but the new case makes it impractical.

do you buy shit before you need it just because it's on sale?

Yes and for the air miles, I have enough TP to last me about 5 years, which is why I take a pack to people when i go and stay with them for a while.

Do you give people an unusual gift when staying at their house?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    An unusual gift? Not so much. I give a hostess gift. Typically something edible. For my health nut sister-in-law, I made a big ole jar of homemade granola. I think she probably hated it and threw it away when I left because that is how she is.
    ldent42 said:

deadendp said:

Yup. We're just going overnight and since it is on family property, we don't have to bring half of the crap we took when we went on vacation camping this past end of week/weekend.

Do you hear the frogs and katydids outside right now?

side note - I could've lived and died without EVER guess that that was how katydids is spelled.
    I double checked to make sure I spelled katydid correctly.

Do you change your morning driving routine to avoid schools and school buses?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • No because there is no escaping them, the buses at least. I'm trying not to think about the aggravation that is being stuck behind a school bus or the "I can wander down the middle of the road no matter what because I'm on the way to the bus stop" kids. I love the summer most of all because there are no buses or kids all over the road.

Have you smelled fall in the air yet?

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    No, but once I smell it then the season has changed, regardless of what the calendar says.

Do you like ice in your cold drinks?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Yes. It is fall sniffy as we type. The air went way crisp, too. I've needed a coat in the mornings. It was 59 F this morning.

Do you have the windows open this evening?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Kitchen & bathroom are open, as is the door to the balcony.

Do you own anything from IKEA?
    I think I own half of Ikea. I hate it. I have dressers that are older than I am and in better shape than my year old wardrobe whose doors wont stay on the tracks.

Does the disposable everything age get on your nerves?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • No, not really.

Would you ever pay for sex?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    no...

u ever get paid for sex?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Well, I am married so I get perks but not formal cash on the nightstand. =)
    ldent42 said:

Does the disposable everything age get on your nerves?

Yes!

First day of school for anyone in your house?
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Not yet. My daughter starts kindergarten on Sept. 2.

Can you believe it?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Kindergarten? Nice! Fun stuff that kindergarten.

If you turn music and other noises off that you can, what do you hear?
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Believe it or not I'm on the bus and there's the sounds from the bus, some traffic noises and a little girl talking with her mum in a foreign language I think it's Hindi.

What noises do you hear?
    There is a nuthatch, a red tailed hawk, a mourning dove, other various birds chirping, a car driving down the road and squirrels chatting.

What bird do you love to hear?
    Owls, mourning doves, loons, bobwhites, whip-poor-wills.

What birds do you dislike hearing?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Whip-poor-wills are pretty groovy. Heard one for the first time last year when we were camping.

Cat birds. Damn things drive me crazy.

Is it starting to sound like fall outside?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Not yet. I'm actually not sure what fall sounds like, except for leaf blowers!

Do you have a metric ton of leaves to rake when fall does get here?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Sounds are different in the fall. Probably because of the leaves falling, changing the acoustics of the outdoors. The leaves get crispy and they scratch as they blow in the wind. Squirrels are very busy. There are sounds. Crane your neck to hear them.

No metric ton here. The people who owned our house before we did had all of the trees taken out before they sold it. :angry: The neighbor does have an American Pin Oak that fills my yard with leaves. We use them as pack for the perennials. Supposed to be another hellish winter here. I don't want to lose any more plants.

If you have a critter, do you allow them on the furniture?
    Ahmad Brooks in trouble. The 49er downfall continues. Yeesh!
    Yes. Molly can go wherever she wants, in my opinion. She's my girl. My wife, on the other hand, likes to try to keep her off any furniture where someone might place food or drink.

What the hell is HesCalledDyer talking about up there?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I think he confused threads. I don't speak sports, so I couldn't decode if I tried.

Will chocolate inspire me to get off of my tired ass today?
  • Probably not, but it will make sitting on your ass more enjoyable :)

Have you ever done a keg stand?

I will say no since I don't know what it is and keg implies beer which is yucky tasting. (To me anyhow.)

Is there a decent tasting beer? I only tried beer when I was on a buying trip for work. My coworker had me try her Blue Moon. Gah! :shakes of the head to remove the memory: Isn't there anything out there that could be yummy?
    Some of the old timers around here used to swear by Zima.

When's the last time that you wrote a check?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Probably 4-5 years ago. The only thing I ever need a check for is rent, and I just use billpay thru my bank.

Do you utilize paperless billing when a company offers it?
    yea I do all my own stuff through paperless but the rent and a lot of my mom's stuff has to be done by check. Like there's no option for paperless which is incredibly annoying. The taxes even want a SASE if you want a receipt. I was in awe of that process. Even my school stuff I can pay online. So I really don't get it.

Do you watch the full concert videos on youtube?
    Every once in a while, I'll watch Pearl Jam's Orlando Lollapalooza 1992 set in its entirety on YouTube. That was a great fucking time, and I'm thrilled that I can relive it.

Do you wash your hair every day?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Nope. Don't have to. The shampoo I use now (DevaCurl) doesn't so much require it. Maybe every three days or so.

If you are a person who wanted Global Citizen tickets and didn't get them, will you be showing up anyhow and rocking out with SD on the side lawn?
    Perhaps.

If you left your country for one reason or another, what country what you like to inhabit next?
    I SAW PEARL JAM