Options

Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,105
    Started when I was 2 years old :) Still play hockey to this day and love lacing up each winter (Canadian eh!)

Do you know the Pythagorus Theorem?
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited June 2014
    true - the triangle thing were the two sides opposite the right angle are equal in measure to the right angle thing. a squared + b squared =c squared. Been a while - am i in the ball park here? (and i keep thinking that the hypotenuse is important)

do you know all the US constitutional amendments
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    no, I do not....

Have you ever had Voodoo doughnuts?
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    you've done well. haha. Good job. This isn't TPBM thread ya goof.... haha.

If I could interpret your comment as a question, then my answer is simply: helllllllll nah!

What ARE the US Constitutional Amendments and which are your top 3 favorite?
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

• Options
    evsgjamm said:

you've done well. haha. Good job. This isn't TPBM thread ya goof.... haha.

If I could interpret your comment as a question, then my answer is simply: helllllllll nah!

What ARE the US Constitutional Amendments and which are your top 3 favorite?

were you congratulating me on having a grasp on the theory's concept? If so - yay me, long term memory is still working. (i removed tpbm from my post - when i'm shooting between these 6 different threads, i gets confused. and i did ask a question - do you...i added US upon realizing that we're from all over the world).

i've never tried voodoo doughnuts whisperinghands

i will answer evsgjamm's question in next box.
  • Options
    The United States Amendments are laws that have been added onto the United States Constitution since the 1700's, i believe it was written in 1790 give or take. So issues that were not thought of, in existence or just not capable of being included at that time have been brought before the Congress since then and either been voted on as an amendment or did not get the 3/4 of the states' approval that was necessary. The Bill of Rights is the first 10 amendments. (i'm doing this off the top of my head which is very dizzy, so i hope i've answered that question) And yes, i'm a geek when it comes to this kind of stuff.

My favorite amendments are the 1st amendment - which assures separation of church and state (some people need to re-read the constitution they talk about so much, ahem), it also guarantees the freedom of assembly and freedom of speech; free press...
    the 13-15th amendments that 13. end slavery 14. protect the rights of all citizens regardless of color 15. allow african americans the right to vote
    They're kind of a trilogy so they count for 1 in my answer.

19th amendment - gives women the right to vote

phew - what is your favorite color -
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Brunette, lol

How do you like your steak cooked?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,800
    Medium rare

What is your favorite food to eat with you steak?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    salad

Brunette, lol

How do you like your steak cooked?

very funny

what is your favorite type of apple
  • Options
    njnancy: i totally was congratulating you for knowing the Pythagorus Theorem. hahaha. you did well! And thanks for the comments on the Amendments! Very awesome of you.

My go-to apple flavor is Red Delicious.

How many moons does Jupiter have?

• Options
    thank you - it was a very perfunctory answer, but it served its purpose. (i feel like i've lost part of my vocabulary cause i can't use the smileys)

Jupiter has no moons or a lot of moons - lol - i think it changes as they keep finding more or i have my planets wrong - i'm gonna say 70. (i'm so wrong on this i know it)

okay, i'll go to my strong suit since your hitting heavy - which i don't mind at all - what is existentialism and name 2 examples of it.

• Options
    Jupiter has 16 moons last I remember. Kind of a science geek. Nice try though :)

Existentialism I can definitely spell simply enough, however I can't for the life of me understand it's meaning. I've heard it before so I will guess, based on the context:
    To exist... the extent to which something exists... existing by simply existing (I'm so full of shit it's not even funny) and my 2 examples of it are: Jupiter.... and...... it's 70 moons. :D

• Options
    i can't even feel bad about my moon answer after your existentialism answer. lol and you didn't ask a question - i think our brains are broke. i took a shot though and i know that there are new moons being found all the time - so i was right about that, i just don't know what planets they are finding them by. And i still feel bad for pluto - got kicked out of the club - not nice. and it's 'jupiter and ITS 70 moons - grammar nazi here).
  • Options
    damn - we've derailed the thread. And I need to now google what existentialism is. I don't have the power to ask another question. I'm passing the torch! (Pluto is still a planet in my book - I don't give a rats patootie what a group of geekier scientists than myself concluded of that far away boulder)

• Options
    enjoy googling - we did derail - it is time for me to wind down (well past the time). i'll ask a question and then i'm done in the forum for the night/morning. Good Night.

do you carve pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns at Halloween?
  • Options
    Every year!

When people say things such as "it is what it is" or "make no mistake about it"... does that sit well with you?

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited June 2014
    It's a bit simplifying things but it's ok I guess..

Existentialism is interesting, do I remember it correctly I wonder...I could be way off here lol
    Think of a boat in the middle of the ocean it has no oars no one is controlling the boat other than the ocean and the winds...it just floats here and there...
    If a person live it's life like that and doesn't make their own decisions let other people decide for him/her..does the person really live then?

Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    No they are tossed about by every wave and notion

Do you believe in being organized, and being well planned out or are you spontaneous ?
  • Options
    I believe in both, if it's something very important like a holiday I think it should be well planned.
    But I like to be spontaneous as well, because it's fun :)

What is your favorite thing to do on a holiday?
  • Options
    I don't care what I'm doing as long as I'm with my family....but I guess if I had to pick one thing it would be going to the Oregon coast....especially Canon Beach.

What is your favorite holiday and why?
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Either ski or swim in the ocean depending on where I'm vacationing.
    Have you ever crossed paths with a bear?
  • Options
    Aug long weekend cause the family and I go to an off the grid lake and camp.

Yes cause I have a momma who usually drops twins hang in my yard every fall. It's really cool.

What is your favorite thing to cook on the bbq?

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Steak, which I just finished eating 40 min ago.

What kind of diver are you? (E.g. Do the speed limit; tailgate; get road rage lots; drive like a 90 year old, etc)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    How many divers do you know that tailgate and have speed limits lol. But seriously I like to go fast but not ridiculous, just wanna get where I'm going.

When road tripping do you stop and enjoy the scenery along the way or just go until you get to your destination?

• Options
    If its a long trip I like to stop along the way and see the view, otherwise I like to get to the destination if its really long..

Do you get moody or grumpy for no reason ?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    there's usually a reason (although not readily apparent); but, there are times my moods are in control, not i. Just how my brain works.

if you celebrate Christmas - do you have an artificial tree, buy a real tree or cut down and buy your own tree? (and if you have a tree that is not green, please share)

Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    I dont celebrate but I did like a white tree with silver, gold and red..

Do you believe not to recieve all your special gifts at once but on your anniversary's you recieve them for good as a surprise??
  • Options
    jallardjallard Montreal Posts: 46
    Nope. Last gift I had for my birthday was a breakup. The only gifts I trust is those I give to myself... Last one was a LEGO kit, I know, I could be more mature. :(|)

Do you avoid stepping on the cracks on the sidewalk? Because I do and I want to know if I'm just weird about that.
    Ouate de phoque?
  • Options
    Yes, I walked like that before avoiding stepping on cracks and such things :) but now I just walk on...

What did you do yesterday?
  • Options
    I was kinda sick yesterday....but I did housework too, cleaned the living room up and did laundry...

What did you do today?
    Tattooed Dissident!