Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Yes, yes, YES!!! :D I like how beautiful it is too. The sky is blue, and there's water. :)

How are you feeling these days?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I'd be a lot better if I were divorced right now, he keeps stalling...

I've been thinking of moving some place warmer... would you suggest any particular part of Florida?

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I don't know the state well enough to recommend a good place, but I like Tampa. It's on a bay and you can go across the water and get over to the beaches in about 30 minutes. I love that because it reminds me of the Bay area in California except it's warmer and not as expensive to live here!! :)

Do you think you could get a job down here?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I'm hoping I could..

Did you find it hard getting a job when you moved there?

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I was lucky to get a job at the same university as my husband, so, no. (I like working at the same place too! :) )

What kind of job would you need to look for? It's a big city so I think it might not be as hard to find something as you might think...
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I've always worked as a medical secretary/receptionist/registration, but I'd like to get into a field with less stress...

My son told me today, that after he finishes college, which he is getting a degree for criminal justice and just got an A on his mid term, that he's moving away from here. He can't stand the cold anymore....

He probably wouldn't have a hard time finding a job in Fla. right? :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Probably not. There's a big police presence here.

Would you rather be the receptionist at the private practice or a dentist?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    It wouldn't matter, though I've never worked at a dental office before, but I'm sure I'd catch on pretty quickly...

Are the beaches really nice there? :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I think so. They're pretty clean and not too crowded. Although, the sand seems less deep and soft than CA to me.

Would you buy a house or live in an apartment?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    It would depend on what I get out of the divorce... if things go the way they should, I could probably buy a house, maybe a town house or a condo..

Do you own your on home?

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Yes. We found one I really like.

What features do you like in a place to live?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    To be honest not too fussed, I like to have somewhere to sit outside - we have a very small yard but it's enough, indoor plumbing is good - we once lived in a house where the toilet was in a shed in the garden, heating is good - have lived without before. If we were ever to move I'd love a bigger kitchen so we could sit and eat in it.

Have you ever lived in a house with an outside toilet?
    No.

Have you ever lived in a house with a big staircase attached to the main room and also a small one attached to the kitchen?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    No, although it sounds like it would be a lot of fun to be a kid in a house with that.

What are the walls of your house made from?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Brick, concrete and plaster boards :lol::D

Do you have a garden?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    No but have a small yard that I fill with lots of pots :D

What did you want to be when you grew up?
    A vet, until I fainted when my cat was shot with a pellet gun and was bleeding!

What was the last text you recieved?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    A question from my son. It came late because my phone was not charged when he sent it. :)

Do you find it's easier to text than to call sometimes?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    yeah I do, I find it easier or quicker to write some things rather than say them.

what was the last text you sent?
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    to my friend showing the bruise my son got at school today when he ran into a railing on some stairs!! i think that may even qualify as a WTF???? moment lol :lol: But he is going to have a lovely purple mark in the next day or so.

Do you ever ignore text messages from people because if you respond you will be as rude or ruder than they have been?
  • Nah I pretty much answer all...

Can you feel the cold coming through the walls?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Today, yes, it's got a real bite to it.

There's a leaflet in front of me for Buddhist Meditation, shall I go?
    If you like that kind of thing, YES. :)

Do you meditate in general?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • I did as a kid (TM my parents took me) but not in a long while...

Do you have a mantra?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Yes, but I'm not allowed to tell anyone (TM secret)

Can you tell me your mantra?
  • I could but I am afraid a Monk will show up at my door and shoot me... :lol:

Do you find it relaxing?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Yes I do, although find it hard to fit in these days, used to do 20 mins morning and night.

Do you have time to meditate?
  • Not at all...
    Although I could do it instead of posting :lol:

Do you find posting relaxing?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    lol!! Sometimes :D

How's Mrs BD's foot??
  • BAD!! She has fallen like 5 times, including at a restaurant with me on Saturday. My poor wife. 8 days till the cast comes off then sof cast

Have you ever had a cast?
    GoiMTvP.gif