• paysonitespaysonites Posts: 1,150
    We try to once a year. It needs to be more like once a month,week

Did you go to PJ20 in Wisconsin?
    John and Shawna
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    No,that would have been an transatlantic journey :cry:

Did you?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • No :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Why didn't you go?
    Yes, we did go to it. It was the craziest experience of our lives. The only bad thing that happened was when we arrived their was a line for the Port O John. So my wife and I decided to use it together. When we came out their was this totally drunk woman who started yelling at us. She said "Oh I don't think so..no wonder it took you guy's so long." "You were having sex in there" Then she called my wife a bitch and a cunt in front of like 30 people. My wife started cussing her out. It went back and fourth a few times. Until I wheeled my wife off in her wheel chair. I mean come on for one my wife has a broken back. For two if she didn't it really would of been on. For three we were there for Pearl Jam not all of the drunk and wasted uncontrollable bladder people. Besides that it was the most amazing PJ concert we've ever been to.

Have you ever had a bad experience at a PJ concert?
    John and Shawna
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Posts: 2,036
    paysonites wrote:
    Yes, we did go to it. It was the craziest experience of our lives. The only bad thing that happened was when we arrived their was a line for the Port O John. So my wife and I decided to use it together. When we came out their was this totally drunk woman who started yelling at us. She said "Oh I don't think so..no wonder it took you guy's so long." "You were having sex in there" Then she called my wife a bitch and a cunt in front of like 30 people. My wife started cussing her out. It went back and fourth a few times. Until I wheeled my wife off in her wheel chair. I mean come on for one my wife has a broken back. For two if she didn't it really would of been on. For three we were there for Pearl Jam not all of the drunk and wasted uncontrollable bladder people. Besides that it was the most amazing PJ concert we've ever been to.

Have you ever had a bad experience at a PJ concert?

:lol:
    Best response ever in this thread!!!
    :lol:
    Nope. Never had a bad experience at a PJ show.

What has been your favorite non-PJ show attended?
    MLMF Det
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    That's a tough one. Off the top of my head i'll go with The Rolling Stones at The Tower Theater(holds around 3,000)

And your favourite NON PJ show(good question)?
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Has to be Plant & Page...Unledded tour...full orchestra, Page unbelievable...first row, side stage...WOW!!

Yours?
    Either Elliott Smith at St. Andrews Hall in Detroit back in the late '90s...
    Or Fugazi with Shellac and Blonde Redhead at the State Theater back in '98...
    Both were great shows!

Do you have a "lesser known" music recommendation?
    MLMF Det
  • big mickbig mick Posts: 773
    Yes, The Horrors, try their albums Strange House, Primary Colours and Skying. Skying is the best.

Do you have any recommendations?
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
    Nope Just Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam and then a little more Pearl Jam

Any other recommendations?
    John and Shawna
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Anything by Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter. Pearl Jam used to play "The Sinking Bell (Blue Sheep)" from the collaborative album Altar by sunn 0)))/Boris, which features Jesse Sykes' ethereal vocals (Kim Thayil also plays guitar on that album) between the opening act and their set on the 2008 tour and Philly 2009.

Have you heard Jesse Sykes or Altar?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I got hooked on Jesse Sylkes with Reckless Burning. My mom is visiting and my dad sent her with a stack of albums for me to burn, one of which is Marble Son. Can wait to listen to it. Her voice is so incredibly ethereal and beautiful. To answer the Altar question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y66x-vsii4 :D This is one of my favorites.

How do you typically find new music?
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Combination of Rhapsody and reading music blogs...

Coolest new band that you love?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • big mickbig mick Posts: 773
    Howler or Milk Music go on YouTube and give em a try.

Borrow and copy or buy or download for free?
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
    Buy. Borrow and copy too.

Do you drink enough water?

• Yup, always since I once was totally dehydrated after a holiday and ended up in the emergency. I was all tanned and looked great after 3 weeks in Morocco, but I was like paralysed up to my neck because I also hyperventilated :? :roll: Never drink a drink with ice cubes in it in Morocco when you haven't seen what the ice cubes were made out of! Even if you just want to be polite and not return the glass after they took out the ice cubes for you :shifty: :roll:

Did you ever end up in the emergency room in hospital?
    Yes,a number of times

Worst accident you have had?
  • I smashed into a tree with a sled when I was around 5, broke my nose and had my ears bleed. Where was my Dad when I needed someone to teach me how to steer a sled? :lol:

What was you worst accident?
    I had a concussion when my dad left the cupboard open and I stood up and banged into it,I never knew I was concussed until I passed out three days later,woke up in hospital 15 hour later :?

Have you ever applied first aid skills
  • Yes when I was in Africa training children in errrrr first aid :D

Ever dealt with an emergency?
    Often, especially at work. Most recently was this past friday. One of my clients was overdosing on heroin. Almost had to inject him with Narcan, but the water in the face and knuckle rub to the chest woke him up enough to get him over the hump. Thank goodness. Narcan ruins the high for a bit and people tend to be pissed off when they wake up.

Ever had to give anyone the heimlich maneuver?

• kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    No, but we have to learn it to drive a school bus, & be certified in first aid as well...even though they frown on us actually getting off our bus to help someone, which I would do...fire me..we also have to learn how to use an epi-pen. And then figure out if any of this is needed WHILE WE ARE DRIVING!!! We don't attend training, we lose our jobs.

Ever performed CPR?
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Nope...

Ever have the Heimlich performed on you?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    Nope.
    But I did have to take all the classes on CPR and the Heimlich in high school.

You have to take any courses in this?
    MLMF Det
    yep. still do regularly for my work.

Are you accident prone?

• Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I prefer the term clumsy to accident prone 8-), and yes I am.

Do you shower everyday?
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
    Yes,often twice a day

Do you brush your teeth every night before bed?
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Yes.. unless I am really drunk or paralyzed from awesome sex, or a combo of the two..

What color is your lighter?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Deep purple which is my favorite color.

If you could compare Pearl Jam to a color
    Which would it be and Why?
    John and Shawna
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Green.. Intelligence, environment... Army jackets and olive drab shorts..

Do you like The Beastie Boys?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13