Options

Los Angeles 2 - POSTER

jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
edited October 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
PJ-LA2.jpg
"You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    more from the artist ...

Ten Club Presents Live Painting of tonight’s poster by Maxx242

Ten Club Presents Maxx242 doing an exclusive 1 of a kind painting for tonight's event on the concourse at the Universal Amphitheater. Start time when the doors open till he finishes the painting.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    thats decent...not my style though.

is the shirt a lakers theme tonight?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    PJ-LA2.jpg

Fuck. It's better than last night's. And last night's was sick.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    thats decent...not my style though.

I heard from a lady at a merch booth that it is...

I'll have to get one, even though i'm a HUGE Celtics fan
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    wow that's an interesting print...cool colors
    jimed14 wrote:
    more from the artist ...

Ten Club Presents Maxx242 doing an exclusive 1 of a kind painting for tonight's event on the concourse at the Universal Amphitheater. Start time when the doors open till he finishes the painting.

he's going to do an actual painting? is it the poster? sorry my brain is still stuck on last night :oops: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    more from the artist ...

he's going to do an actual painting? is it the poster? sorry my brain is still stuck on last night :oops: :mrgreen:

that's how I interpret it ... assume they will auction it off at some point.

• Options
    I believe so:
    http://maxx242.com/blog/index.html

So is this the one we pre-ordered on 10C?
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    jimed14 wrote:
    more from the artist ...

With a 10C membership number like xx242, I'm surprised he couldn't at least get seats in the bowl. Hope he enjoys the show from the concourse!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    more from the artist ...

that's how I interpret it ... assume they will auction it off at some point.

cool...i'm not a big fan of skull images but i bet in person that poster will look sick :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MeijinMeijin Posts: 51
    Unbelievable.

Loving these posters so much more than 06.
  • Options
    I relaly like it ... but, something is preventing my from fallin in love it ... the colors perhaps? now sure.

Certainly beats most of AMES work over the past few years.

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    HAHAHAHA!

I just showed this to hubby and we both laughed!!

Because we talked about politics last week and how easily scared people are.... kinda like jack-in-the-box to spook the shit out of them!

What a weird coincidence!!!

Bwhahahahaha!

Love the colors, too! :D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    The limp dick trouser snake is a great touch!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    edited October 2009
    I like it as well but not something I would hang on my wall...
    Post edited by t0mMye on
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I like it, seems they have almost a Halloween theme going on with some of these so far
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    New for night 2...no spelling errors!
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    meh...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    I like it- it's different
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,744
    I like the Halloween / Gothic themes for LA, but it's Devil's Night and it's festivaties isn't for a few more weeks. Kinda early don't you say? :|
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452

Angels for night 3 and Clippers for night 4?? :shock: :shock:

Then again, they could pay homage to that pro football team off the Harbor Freeway. :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

Angels for night 3 and Clippers for night 4?? :shock: :shock:

Then again, they could pay homage to that pro football team off the Harbor Freeway. :lol::lol:

forget the angees and the clipshow, i want to see a vintage LA Kings design. either gretzky era or the purple and gold.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,124
    Blech! Nasty colors, tired design. Sorry to be so negative, but this one is rude.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    more from the artist ...

IMG_3336.jpg
  • Options
    Can someone post all the posters from the current tour??? :mrgreen::D:mrgreen::D:mrgreen::D
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,345
    At least this artist spelled amphitheatre correctly, unlike the LA1 ames. 10/6 will be gray Dodgers shirt and white Lakers for 10/7 for those that haven't heard.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    y'know, I love this poster!

This is the first time I've really commented on a poster, but this is just awesome to me!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,124
    At least this artist spelled amphitheatre correctly, unlike the LA1 ames. 10/6 will be gray Dodgers shirt and white Lakers for 10/7 for those that haven't heard.

Ames didn't do LA1.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    JH86494JH86494 Los Angeles Posts: 44

Those shirts would be very cool (Grey Dodgers and White Lakers). Where did you hear that rumor? I heard it was going to be Angels and Kings for the last two nights in LA. We'll see. I'm actually surprised they're not going to make an SC Trojans or UCLA Bruins shirts for the last two nights.
    Irvine Meadows (Lollapalooza) - Sep 11, 1992, Irvine Meadows (Lollapalooza) - Sep 12, 1992, Concert For Artist's Rights (EV, Mike Ness, Beck) - Wiltern Theater - Feb. 26, 2002, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003, The Forum - Jul 09, 2006, The Forum - Jul 10, 2006, Gibson Amphitheater - Sep 30, 2009, Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 01, 2009, Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 07, 2009, Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009, EV solo - Wiltern Theater - July, 8, 2011, Viejas Arena - Nov 21, 2013, Los Angeles Sports Arena - Nov 23, 2013, Temple Of The Dog - The Forum - Nov 14, 2016
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JH86494 wrote:

Those shirts would be very cool (Grey Dodgers and White Lakers). Where did you hear that rumor? I heard it was going to be Angels and Kings for the last two nights in LA. We'll see. I'm actually surprised they're not going to make an SC Trojans or UCLA Bruins shirts for the last two nights.

I thought they were doing the Clippers and Sparks? USC/UCLA would have been cool. I like that Austin got the longhorns.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...