Options

Encores are a privilege, not a right

13»

Comments

• Options
    I sit down so i can spark a J without security seeing me...but i try to cough in unison with the cheers!!
  • Options
    so now we can't sit during the encores? :roll:
    Nope....No sitting during encores...

BUT YOU MUST REMAIN SEATED during Ed solo shows....

Plus...

You are allowed to scream your ass off during a Pearl Jam show....

But.....

If you utter ONE WORD during an Ed solo show....We will call security and have you removed...

And remember....

Smoking illegal dope is fine at both shows...
    But if you have too many beers....You will be removed.....

any more questions?????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Plus...

But.....

If you utter ONE WORD during an Ed solo show....We will call security and have you removed...

And remember....

any more questions?????

you forgot.....you may not eat ANYthing either!
    :P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options

Plus...

But.....

And remember....

any more questions?????

you forgot.....you may not eat ANYthing either!
    :P
    Funny you say that....

Chicago I...

We walk in to the venue and I instantly make a b-line to the popcorn stand.....Get a large popcorn and a diet coke....and go to our seats....

Then I start cracking up....Kathy asks "whats so funny"

I reply...

"I remember when going to a concert involved some hash, some pot, a 12 pack, and a 1/2 pint of vodka"....

NOW???

I just want some popcorn....with extra butter....

hehehehehehehehehehehehe...............
  • Options
    Sit down for the encores????

Fuck that...

I wish everyone would shut the fuck up and sit down for the whole show....

hehehehehehehehehe...................
  • Options
    If I ever win 1st row in the lottery...

I am going to sit down with my bowl of popcorn and my diet coke...the entire fucking show....

And i dont give a fuck what anyone thinks.....

The security guys up front will love me....

hehehehehehehe
  • Options
    f-bomb wrote:
    Hey,

This might start a firestorm amongst people but I feel that it needs to be said. I was recently at both Seattle shows and also Vancouver on Friday - both 10c seating. Without going into discussion about the 'quality' of the crowds in Seattle vs. Vancouver (all I will say is that Vancouver had alot more crowd energy, sing-along etc. and I think the setlist and band response show this) I think that this needs to be said:

Encores are a privilege, not a right.

I say this because at all three shows I saw MANY people sitting down in between encores and not cheering or anything. We all know Pearl Jam brings it 100% every night and they have developed a reputation for putting on great shows with multiple encores. But we cannot just assume they are going to reappear when they leave the stage. Stand up, clap and cheer and tell the band that you want to see them play some more. I know for about 97% of people in the building this whole post doesn't apply. But there seem to be quite a jaded lot of 10C fans that are starting to take things for granted.......Now you can line up and shoot me down ;)

100% correct...too many think it's their right...and does one not have to FIGHT FOR THEIR RIGHTS???? Bands come back out based on audience energy...if you are sucking, they are not going to go that extra mile...I have seen this with plenty of bands...stand up and make yourselves heard during the show, and I am sure the band would be more than happy to hook up with an an encore or two. Keep your hands out of your pockets and get ur friggin' asses out of the seats...IT'S F'N PEARL JAM FOR GOD SAKES!!! Stay home and watch HSN if all you want to do is jack off. I will gladly sit in your seats!!!!!!!!!!! Rather - standing!!!!! and dancing!!!
    PEARL JAM - It's what's for breakfast

"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise."
    --Anonymous

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. -Patrick Henry, revolutionary (1736-1799)
  • Options
    PrlJmr10 wrote:

100% correct...too many think it's their right...and does one not have to FIGHT FOR THEIR RIGHTS???? Bands come back out based on audience energy...if you are sucking, they are not going to go that extra mile...I have seen this with plenty of bands...stand up and make yourselves heard during the show, and I am sure the band would be more than happy to hook up with an an encore or two. Keep your hands out of your pockets and get ur friggin' asses out of the seats...IT'S F'N PEARL JAM FOR GOD SAKES!!! Stay home and watch HSN if all you want to do is jack off. I will gladly sit in your seats!!!!!!!!!!! Rather - standing!!!!! and dancing!!!

Why do I have to watch HSN to jack off? Can't I do it at the show? White sitting down?
  • Options

I am going to sit down with my bowl of popcorn and my diet coke...the entire fucking show....

hehehehehehehe

LMAO!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    Im gonna miss ya this weekend man! :cry:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    PrlJmr10 wrote:

Why do I have to watch HSN to jack off? Can't I do it at the show? White sitting down?

:shock: :lol::lol::lol: Im on the floor!!!!! :lol:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options

hehehehehehehe

LMAO!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    Im gonna miss ya this weekend man! :cry:
    And I would love to see the look on Ed's face....

As I eat my popcorn....sip my diet coke....and politely applaud after each song....

hehehehehehe............

Have a great time this weekend.....
  • Options
    JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    if I get first row tickets in the lottery I would jump up and down the whole fucking show, but I definitely would not sit down the whole show and I would definitely cheer my loudest for an encore and hope everyone else would too. I would also do this if I didn't get first row seats!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Now I am gonna think about this thread when I sit down tomorrow night at the encore!!

Thanks.

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

hehehehehehehe

make sure you have a mighty big spoon for all the shit-stirring you like to do......;)

:mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    f-bomb wrote:
    Hey,

This might start a firestorm amongst people but I feel that it needs to be said. I was recently at both Seattle shows and also Vancouver on Friday - both 10c seating. Without going into discussion about the 'quality' of the crowds in Seattle vs. Vancouver (all I will say is that Vancouver had alot more crowd energy, sing-along etc. and I think the setlist and band response show this) I think that this needs to be said:

Encores are a privilege, not a right.

I say this because at all three shows I saw MANY people sitting down in between encores and not cheering or anything. We all know Pearl Jam brings it 100% every night and they have developed a reputation for putting on great shows with multiple encores. But we cannot just assume they are going to reappear when they leave the stage. Stand up, clap and cheer and tell the band that you want to see them play some more. I know for about 97% of people in the building this whole post doesn't apply. But there seem to be quite a jaded lot of 10C fans that are starting to take things for granted.......Now you can line up and shoot me down ;)
    What would be interesting is if during one of the concerts someon created an Encore-Buster that caught on at other concerts. For instance, during Alive the crowd chants (right?), and during other songs the crowd does other things which all started at one concert and just spread like wildfire. I don't know what a good Encore-Buster would be as many people use this time to take a break. Maybe a wave?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    chain reaction vomiting?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I wonder if this is an "age" thing. Older people might be remembering back in the day when an actual "encore" was something you earned by your participation and showing your love for the band during the performance. I don't really think this is the case anymore because everyone seems to do them in one way or another.

Now I just kind of look at them as what happens after the band takes a break from The Rock.

I think I know who the OP is and she is not someone who I would consider "old". I was next to her and her guy at Seattle 1. I will say they both stood the entire time (as did I), although It looked to me like she was having more fun than her guy was. Maybe he had a headache or something.
    Gorge
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I remember when going to a concert involved some hash, some pot, a 12 pack, and a 1/2 pint of vodka....

NOW???

Soooo behind that, I mean, I go to the movies and I have to freakin' SHARE my popcorn with these kids of mine! Man, now I'm taking the kids to a concert!?!?!? This is so messed up.

But I must say, first row for the Oakland Colesium Police Renuion, and STING walks over and there's my wife and I just mackin' down some gooey nachos! Yeah, we got a little eyebrow raise from him! I just pointed at the wife and shrugged....

But my main concern with this thread, I simply must have an answer -- what the heck are your trying to type and you mistakenly type "CHEW GUY" ??!?!!? I'm guessing Brew Guy? But the BR are nowhere on a keyboard near CH?!?!?! What was that stuff all the Somalis chew? I thought he was headed that way -- some wierd african root chewing? Err, that didn't sound right either....
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    acutejam wrote:
    I remember when going to a concert involved some hash, some pot, a 12 pack, and a 1/2 pint of vodka....

NOW???

Soooo behind that, I mean, I go to the movies and I have to freakin' SHARE my popcorn with these kids of mine! Man, now I'm taking the kids to a concert!?!?!? This is so messed up.

But I must say, first row for the Oakland Colesium Police Renuion, and STING walks over and there's my wife and I just mackin' down some gooey nachos! Yeah, we got a little eyebrow raise from him! I just pointed at the wife and shrugged....

But my main concern with this thread, I simply must have an answer -- what the heck are your trying to type and you mistakenly type "CHEW GUY" ??!?!!? I'm guessing Brew Guy? But the BR are nowhere on a keyboard near CH?!?!?! What was that stuff all the Somalis chew? I thought he was headed that way -- some wierd african root chewing? Err, that didn't sound right either....

Gum. Chew gum.
  • Options
    I sit down so i can spark a J without security seeing me...but i try to cough in unison with the cheers!!

I love that move myself, though I never thought of timing out the coughs, I'll give it a try next time. Really no happier place to be than lighting up between pj sets...(sighs longing for Chicago again.....)
  • Options
    Oh no more freaking concert police.

Sheesh, you guys are worse then the fricking parking lot security in Camden NJ!!!!
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Robbuke wrote:
    set lists are notttttt always made before hand... for example in Camden last summer during an encore break they took a while and eddie came on and said "sorry were just tryin to figure what the fuck to play next."
    So that leads me to believe not all setlists are made up...or maybe Philly just rocks!! :lol::lol:

Well, using Hartford as an example from last year:

l_c87b7e996211ad7c8ab6777b92951b88.jpg

The setlist was done beforehand. The girl in front of me was a friend of Katie - the girl who Ed danced on stage with during Leash - and she showed me the setlist before the show.

I took this pic during Ted Leo's set.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    i agree w/ the OP.........to an extent.

crowd + band creates the atmosphere for the show.......atmosphere affects my experience at a show........therefore i do care how you act at a show to an extent

Too many people act like its a sin to admit that.....