Options

im not going to any shows!! and my 10club #...

2»

Comments

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    Aw, Speedy :( You owe me a drink in NY next time you come through, then :)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    add lazy to you list of faults

so you coming down to Florida? :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    i hear ya buddy....

3-5 years ago i was like....

"well tickets will run me $500"

"airfare for the 2 of us will be around $500 each"

"hotels and meal money will run us $1000-$1500"

"no problem"

and now i say....

"why the fuck am i thinking of spending this kind of money on a band??? that i have seen 30+ times??????"

hehehehehehehehe..............

funny how your priorities change as you get a little older....hehehehe

We are going only to the local shows this time around in FL, not traveling this summer, with our little bundle of joy coming in November we need all the money we can save.

We are seeing Ed in Vancouver in 10 days though but that's just because we were going to be in Seattle on vacation for our 5th wedding anniversary that same week, and we had already planned the vacation a month before we found I was pregnant so no turn back on that one :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    I got a brand new travel trailer for $700. Same as an RV just have to tow it with my truck. Bathroom, queen bed, full size fridge, flatscreen with satelite, you name it. Splitting the cost with only one other person.

I also got a quote on one similar to the one you describe and it 1500.00 and sleeps 4. Add the extra charges they want and it brings it up to over 2000.00 still. Plus need to rent a truck to tow it. 5 nights hotel....600.00 split by 4. Works for me.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    i hear ya buddy....

3-5 years ago i was like....

"well tickets will run me $500"

"airfare for the 2 of us will be around $500 each"

"hotels and meal money will run us $1000-$1500"

"no problem"

and now i say....

"why the fuck am i thinking of spending this kind of money on a band??? that i have seen 30+ times??????"

hehehehehehehehe..............

funny how your priorities change as you get a little older....hehehehe

Yup! Funny how things change. I've seen em 15 times and I've had a ton of fun. But now.... I need to use my hard earned loot on other things in life.
    I'll wait till they get closer, whether it's this year or whenever.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    fuck guys, this thread is depressing.....

im 28 and blowing another wad on MSG and DC...im doin it. this is the last time....there will be nothing left after the pinnacle of MSG. i will always go to vancouver and seattle shows, but this is probably it for me for the travelling across country..

.im right on the cusp, i still feel great about spending the money, but there is a little voice rearing its head in the back, starting to whisper about it being a lot of money....yknow?

ah well, i tell the voice, , its my vacation and you only live once, maybe when i get to 30 shows, the voice will be screaming....until then, see you in new york....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808

im 28 and blowing another wad on MSG and DC...im doin it. this is the last time....there will be nothing left after the pinnacle of MSG. i will always go to vancouver and seattle shows, but this is probably it for me for the travelling across country..

.im right on the cusp, i still feel great about spending the money, but there is a little voice rearing its head in the back, starting to whisper about it being a lot of money....yknow?

ah well, i tell the voice, , its my vacation and you only live once, maybe when i get to 30 shows, the voice will be screaming....until then, see you in new york....
    have a great time at the shows....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    have a great time at the shows....

thanks speedy i will...im sure you just need a break, this band has been on touring escapade like never before, and i think they are burning some of us out, i dont know how they keep on truckin like they do...since the 05 canadian tour its been nuts....never any REAL downtime it seems
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    thanks speedy i will...im sure you just need a break, this band has been on touring escapade like never before, and i think they are burning some of us out, i dont know how they keep on truckin like they do...since the 05 canadian tour its been nuts....never any REAL downtime it seems
    ive seen them in

and a couple bridge shows....

if they do a show close to the house.....then ill go...

but my traveling from show to show days are over....hehehehe

at least for now...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,424
    Thanks. With people forgetting to renew or deciding not to go. My chances of getting a 10C ticket will be better. Doubt it though.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    are you pregnant or something????
    NO!
    i didnt think so.
    so then you have to come to NY at least
    what the hell am I supposed to do without bumping in to you in yet ANOTHER state????????
    marty's going to ny, as well.
    i've already started the bail money fund for both of ya

PS: we're still going to roo and you can stay with us
    as long as you promise to not get pinot noir ALL over the walls and doors
    AND bring yer own vodka ( and some for me, too) :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    sux monkey balls!!!!!!!

hehehehehehe...........................

have fun at the shows people....

SPEEDY is sitting this one out....

me 2
  • Options
    i dont give a rats ass what they are charging for tickets.....

im still not going to any shows.........
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996

When I was 28, I said I was going all out one last time - that was in 2006 - went to Albany, Hartford, Philly, East Rutherford, DC, Pittsburgh, the Gorge, Honolulu. I thought that would be my last giant PJ tour.

Luckily, they're touring now at a time that is perfect for me because I'm moving on to a better job and had planned taking much of June off to travel. So this is my last time I think I'll be following the band around. ;) But yeah, priorities do change as you get older and have seen a band close to 40 times.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    i keep going back and forth
    cannot make up my mind.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I'm having such a difficult dilemma.

It's either the Roo or MSG for me. The Roo is still a factor because I haven't been really into PJ in a long ass time and there are a bunch of other really good bands I'd be interested in checking out at the Roo(Raconteurs and Mastodon). Plus a buddy of mine is renting an RV and driving it to the Roo so I might have a place to shower. Then again, I'm moving to Chicago in 2 weeks and would much rather check these bands out when they come through the windy city at a small club. Also, the Lolla line-up will have a lot to do with going to the Roo.

Then again, I could go to NYC and have a free place to stay with my buddy up there. He is a huge PJ fan. It'd be like my final "travel to see PJ" adventure for a long, long time. Plus it's MSG...these shows will probably pretty Epic.

So...I'm still debating, but I think I'll end up at MSG nights 1 and 2. Wow.