Options

Finally listened to Backspacer (not that anyone cares)

2»

Comments

• Options
    You lost me at "This is not Pearl Jam" please come back once you've seen them live on this tour till then you need your ears cleaned .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Wilds wrote:
    Not just 10c fans. This album is getting great reviews.

I personally loved ITTW and the fact that there is some influence from that period of Eddie's creativity suits me fine.

I think Force of Nature is the best song on the album. Love it more than I could ever express on a message board.

We all have our own opinions. Yours is fine, but don't be surprised cause others have different opinions. Going on and on about how you can't believe people actually love this album makes you sound like a space cadet, babbling incoherently, about losing your marbles. IMO. ;)

Avocado got great reviews as well, and as I said now it's turned into Riot Act according to many on this board.

I think you are grasping at a generalization that you are creating. Most people on this board seem to love Self Titled as far as I can tell.

I love it, I love Riot Act more, but that is of no consequence.

And the problem isn't you giving an opinion. The problem is instead of just not liking it you have to question how others do, question the bands input of 'grit'. You don't like it fine, but to say "It's not Pearl Jam" is just insulting and dead wrong, cause you venture out of opinion and criticize the band as if they did something wrong instead of simply owning that you don't like the new album.
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    I respect your opinion, but disagree highly. Plus Force of Nature is no filler, and Unthought Known is pretty perfect.

Plus I cant trust anyone who puts No Code as Pearl Jams 3rd worse album behind Riot Act and Avocado

i have to agree with the OP....

Oh just incase you missed my 20 posts or so of my album rankings I have No Code ranked 9th,
  • Options
    ahh come on...this album is fantastic! Amongst the Waves and Unthought Known are my favorite tracks and are already holding up against the entire Avocado album...they pumped out some good live versions of these new songs in Seattle and I can't wait to relive it again with the boot!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Hey its your opinion dude,

I love it, I put the albums in a totally different order, and I love Just Breathe. But hey there you go.
  • Options
    I think Pearl Jam are geniuses because in MHO they change somewhat each album and still manage to be the same band I fell in love with in 1991. I don't get why some people can say love Yield and hate Riot Act or love the Avocado and dislike No Code or love Vs and dislike Vitalogy or whatever it is. It makes no sense to me personally. I think each album is unique and a masterpiece unto itself. I'm well aware I'm in the minority on this ;)

Way to contradict yourself completely. In fact, that's one of the most self-contradictory opening paragraphs to any post I have ever seen on any forum ever.

Let me explain myself; so, you love PJ because each album is different. Cool. But then you go on to say that it makes no sense to you that people can love one album, but not all the others. If each album is so different then doesn't it make sense that different people will like each album for different reasons?

I love every PJ album to date for different reasons and even have a PJ tattoo on my forearm (slightly obsessed fan), but I would never criticise others on their opinion of various PJ albums as they (the albums) are so varied themselves.

Think before you type. Form an intelligent opinion. Do your homework before you get up in front of the class.

:ugeek:
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    I think Pearl Jam are geniuses because in MHO they change somewhat each album and still manage to be the same band I fell in love with in 1991. I don't get why some people can say love Yield and hate Riot Act or love the Avocado and dislike No Code or love Vs and dislike Vitalogy or whatever it is. It makes no sense to me personally. I think each album is unique and a masterpiece unto itself. I'm well aware I'm in the minority on this ;)

Way to contradict yourself completely. In fact, that's one of the most self-contradictory opening paragraphs to any post I have ever seen on any forum ever.

Let me explain myself; so, you love PJ because each album is different. Cool. But then you go on to say that it makes no sense to you that people can love one album, but not all the others. If each album is so different then doesn't it make sense that different people will like each album for different reasons?

I love every PJ album to date for different reasons and even have a PJ tattoo on my forearm (slightly obsessed fan), but I would never criticise others on their opinion of various PJ albums as they (the albums) are so varied themselves.

Think before you type. Form an intelligent opinion. Do your homework before you get up in front of the class.

:ugeek:

str8 rape right there
  • Options
    mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Odd how the original poster has a totally different love for PJ than I do. Amongst the Waves is easily my least favorite song on the album. It sounds like an Avocado song, except for being smoother. I was worried that PJ would continue in that direction, but I'm happy they limited it to one song. And the rest of the album kicks ass. They said this album was just letting their hair down and jamming out. I don't know what your definition of "hard" is, but to say that Avocado is "harder" than this one is laughable to me. This one rocks out. Unthought known is classic PJ and a great vocal by EV. This is actually a Classic PJ album, IMO, and will eventually be thought as such.

And someone said that people are jaded here and not objective. That may be true in some cases, but personally, I always claimed that Avocado sucked. The choruses and verses don't sound good together. Thats why I say that Amongst the waves is "smoother" than an avocado song. I was worried that PJ had lost it with Avocado, but this album is great and EASILY better than the previous two.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mach271 wrote:
    I respect your opinion, but disagree highly. Plus Force of Nature is no filler, and Unthought Known is pretty perfect.

Plus I cant trust anyone who puts No Code as Pearl Jams 3rd worse album behind Riot Act and Avocado

i have to agree with the OP....

Oh just incase you missed my 20 posts or so of my album rankings I have No Code ranked 9th,

with all due respect, i can't trust a person that likes the studio albums more than a live show. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg