Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    happy name day, Dimitris :)

I gotta do well in my interview this afternoon...this is the job I really want..
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    This skit from SNL this past Sat... http://youtu.be/bJB0RfEMHtM

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    sheila0225 wrote:

:lol:

I thought of it because it's what I am considering making for dinner....that, or chicken tortilla soup.

I've got a recipe thats fairly easy for chicken & black bean enchiladas...and it even includes greek yogurt :) If you are interested let me know and I'll PM it to you....in exchange for your pickle recipe, or course :D

of course. :mrgreen: can always use some new recipes. do you put it in a crock pot?

And the pickle recipe....pail or canned?

I will send it over to you when I have a more time to type it up....
    and canned please :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Why do I keep spilling shit all over myself when I eat lunch? I thought those days would be over once I hit 12 :D
  • Options
    Rani wrote:
    I gotta do well in my interview this afternoon...this is the job I really want..

Good luck!! Just be yourself, convey your enthusiasm and you'll be awesome.
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Feeling great after 11 hours of sleep and this day is already hilarious. Trixi busted out his/her winter belly sweater and a new song: Poker Face. A dance was included with the vocals. Move over Gaga...
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Feeling great after 11 hours of sleep and this day is already hilarious. Trixi busted out his/her winter belly sweater and a new song: Poker Face. A dance was included with the vocals. Move over Gaga...

that just sounds wrong... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,244
    Not much, which is a very good thing :)
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "great minds think alike"
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    I don't like today at all :(
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options

Is it the veggie dip's fault? There's a reason I don't like veggies...

Hope everything works out ok for you.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136

*virtual huggles* with a British accent ;):D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

that just sounds wrong... :lol:

trust me. It is so right. :lol:

• Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Am I the only one who doesn't know what "name day" is? :?
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    iamica wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Must be a Greek thing.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    sheila0225 wrote:
    iamica wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Must be a Greek thing.
    i was just thinking the same thing...

so what is 'name day' dimi?
  • Options
    iamica wrote:
    in Greece,most of the people are Orthodox..we all get names from Orthodox Saints
    today is Saint Dimitris day..all people called Dimitris celebrate their name..like birthdays,go out drink have fun,dinner..buy gifts..same as celebrate birthdays..its like 2 birthdays celebration per year

http://www.greek-names.info/dimitris/
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    iamica wrote:
    in Greece,most of the people are Orthodox..we all get names from Orthodox Saints
    today is Saint Dimitris day..all people called Dimitris celebrate their name..like birthdays,go out drink have fun,dinner..buy gifts..same as celebrate birthdays..its like 2 birthdays celebration per year

But name day is far more coveted. I just did some digging on this. :mrgreen: The Greek heritage is so interesting.
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    iamica wrote:

But name day is far more coveted. I just did some digging on this. :mrgreen: The Greek heritage is so interesting.
    its to important..and for sure today i receive triple calls more for wishes than birthday..
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:

its to important..and for sure today i receive triple calls more for wishes than birthday..

Χρόνια Πολλά
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    iamica wrote:

That happens in Cuban culture too, mine is the Feast of St. Barbara, Dec. 4 :) my grandmother would get a cake when I was little, and then we'd have a nice dinner afterwards as I got older
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:

Χρόνια Πολλά
    you got this right.its the wish we say here.. :D
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    drinking
  • Options
    iamica wrote:

That happens in Cuban culture too, mine is the Feast of St. Barbara, Dec. 4 :) my grandmother would get a cake when I was little, and then we'd have a nice dinner afterwards as I got older

Sweden too. Mine is July 19th. My grandparents and I exchange cards and gifts on our name days. Sara was the wife of Abraham and the mother of Isaac as described in the Hebrew Bible and the Quran. The Hebrew name Sara indicates a woman of high rank and is sometimes translated as "princess". It also means "lady." :lol::lol: That's right!

Happy Dimi Day, Dimi!!

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    RYEzupSF wrote:

Sweden too. Mine is July 19th. My grandparents and I exchange cards and gifts on our name days. Sara was the wife of Abraham and the mother of Isaac as described in the Hebrew Bible and the Quran. The Hebrew name Sara indicates a woman of high rank and is sometimes translated as "princess". It also means "lady." :lol::lol: That's right!

Happy Dimi Day, Dimi!!
    Nice! It's neat to learn how many other cultures do it too :)
  • Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    Suziemay wrote:
    Rani wrote:

Good luck!! Just be yourself, convey your enthusiasm and you'll be awesome.

Thank you for your kind words...so many nice ppl on this forum :mrgreen:

I've been practicing since yesterday, my speeches and all.

I even have some questions for the interviewer. I've researched the company, the services they provide, etc so I'm well versed...I hope.

I'm being interviewed by the vice president in about 2 hours time, which doesn't help my nerves any.

Enthusiastic is the goal. :)
  • Options
    pj20
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:
    pj20

the movie, cd, show, dvd, blue ray, book? i'm so confused
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    pj20

the movie, cd, show, dvd, blue ray, book? i'm so confused

the show...miss those 2 days..wish i could re-live them!
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    iamica wrote:

That's pretty cool, never knew that! So happy name day. :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016