what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Saw my 14 year old client tonight. This time last year he was suicidal, had no friends, hated school, hated himself...tonight he was so excited about school and his friends that he was talking a mile a minute....and he finally realized he's good at doing a whole bunch of stuff. It made my day to see him genuinely happy. Oh...and he's a PJ fan 8-)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Saw my 14 year old client tonight. This time last year he was suicidal, had no friends, hated school, hated himself...tonight he was so excited about school and his friends that he was talking a mile a minute....and he finally realized he's good at doing a whole bunch of stuff. It made my day to see him genuinely happy. Oh...and he's a PJ fan 8-)

Awesome.

On my mind? Cute guy from the Montreal pre-party last night. Such a great smile. Now to find him again!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Saw my 14 year old client tonight. This time last year he was suicidal, had no friends, hated school, hated himself...tonight he was so excited about school and his friends that he was talking a mile a minute....and he finally realized he's good at doing a whole bunch of stuff. It made my day to see him genuinely happy. Oh...and he's a PJ fan 8-)

wow, nice story

did you help him in his new outlook on life, or becoming a PJ fan, or both?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • One more day of work, friend from Ottawa coming down on Saturday :D , going to Niagara Saturday night, Pearl Jam Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, can't get much better than that :D

I can't wait!!! :D
  • smarchee wrote:
    Saw my 14 year old client tonight. This time last year he was suicidal, had no friends, hated school, hated himself...tonight he was so excited about school and his friends that he was talking a mile a minute....and he finally realized he's good at doing a whole bunch of stuff. It made my day to see him genuinely happy. Oh...and he's a PJ fan 8-)

wow, nice story

He came in a PJ fan...that's how I knew he was a good kid ;) I've been working with him for a little over a year. He's got a learning disability, so he struggles in school and experienced some pretty shitty stuff early on in his life...so I helped him work through the trauma and got him connected with hands on stuff that he could excel at...but he did it all on his own. So good to see him smiling and laughing.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    smarchee wrote:

wow, nice story

He came in a PJ fan...that's how I knew he was a good kid ;) I've been working with him for a little over a year. He's got a learning disability, so he struggles in school and experienced some pretty shitty stuff early on in his life...so I helped him work through the trauma and got him connected with hands on stuff that he could excel at...but he did it all on his own. So good to see him smiling and laughing.

love this story...you're good people CBG!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

Awesome.

On my mind? Cute guy from the Montreal pre-party last night. Such a great smile. Now to find him again!
    It was probably me ;):lol:
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 

Awesome.

It was probably me ;):lol:

Well you are going to have to prove it! ;):D
  • Where are my pants???
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • On my mind? Cute guy from the Montreal pre-party last night. Such a great smile. Now to find him again![/quote]
    It was probably me ;):lol:[/quote]

Well you are going to have to prove it! ;):D[/quote]

:lol::lol::D They pre-party was sooo sweet tho!!!
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • On my mind? Cute guy from the Montreal pre-party last night. Such a great smile. Now to find him again!
    It was probably me ;):lol:[/quote]

Well you are going to have to prove it! ;):D[/quote]

:lol::lol::D They pre-party was sooo sweet tho!!![/quote]

Didn't think it was you!!! I must find him!!!!

Yes it was. I got to see some old friends and make some cool new ones. Pearl Jam, I love you!!!
  • RKCNDY wrote:

Takes one to know one ;)

RKCNDY wrote:

Takes one to know one ;)

;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Where are my underpants???

fixed.
    voidofman wrote:
    Where are my bootyshorts???

fixed.

fixed-ed

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    voidofman wrote:

fixed.

fixed-ed

Love it, need pics.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    voidofman wrote:

fixed.

fixed-ed
    voidofman wrote:

Love it, need pics.

I'm still waiting for them...***taps foot impatiently*** :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Pm me with your email...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    You already know mine. lol.
  • Simplicity. Patience. Compassion.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    268 days unitl i'm out of the navy! :mrgreen:
  • voidofman wrote:
    You really want to see??.. It will change your life brother...
  • voidofman wrote:

Hey now! If there are (male) booty shots floating around, put me on the list :twisted: :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    voidofman wrote:

I can send you something in return that is both very awful, tasteful and arty at the same time. But you will be scarred for life.
  • voidofman wrote:
    voidofman wrote:

I can send you something in return that is both very awful, tasteful and arty at the same time. But you will be scarred for life.
    ! man 1 Jar?? couldn't imagine anything else doing more damage..
    Nothing that bad. Shimmy has seen it.
  • voidofman wrote:

Oh, yes. I have. :mrgreen:
    voidofman wrote:

:?

- Christopher McCandless
    voidofman wrote:

Hey now! If there are (male) booty shots floating around, put me on the list :twisted: :mrgreen:

booty SHOTS?!?!? sounds interesting fifth! :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    edited September 2011
    voidofman wrote:

RKCNDY wrote:
    :?

It's not what you are thinking at all. :roll: