what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    My grandma finally got a bed in a nursing home! She finally gets to leave that dingy old TCU (transitional care unit). I'm so happy :D
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    I'm trying to grow out my hair...and it's driving me nuts. maybe i'll cut it short again...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    a Hoffsicle?!?! I just don't know about that...hey Chris... :eh: :wtf:

hoffsicle.jpg
    http://agentbedhead.com/index.php/archi ... the-floor/
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • do i go for it or not?

should i worry now about who i trust?
    or wait and see if they throw it back in my face?

also, time to exercise :)
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    stupid riots because of the loss of the Stanley Cup .....
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • this jillian mc-whats-her-name 30 day shred is going to kill me.
    slowly.
    over 30 days.
    1 down, 29 left.
    don't know what's going to be left
    of me when i finish :?

if i finish
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Cooler than the other side of the pillow..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    My little bro is on my mind.

He is getting picked on relentlessly at his school. He volunteered to help out at the local old folks home and while he was there, these 2 other kids from his school were pulling his arms back, flicking his hat of his head and just calling him disgusting names.

He did tell them to f@*k off but they are bigger than him so he was scared. The co-ordinator told the principal and he got a telling off but that's all. This kid is really popular though and now he's making my bro's life hell.

Now I hear this morning that they are ringing his friends and telling them that when he comes back to school he's gonna get it and they are saying nasty things about him on Facebook (just another reason why I hate Facebook)

He is a smart kid an he's into science so he stands out like dog's balls. I wish I could grab those kids and punch the living shit out of them. He's at home at the moment stressing about having to go back and my Mum is at her wits end. He is being transferred at the end of the year anyway but he has to endure this for another 6 months or this other private school won't take him. I say get him out of there anyway but Mum doesn't want to ruin his history of private school education.

Sorry for the long winded story but just wanted to get that off my chest. :cry:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Loulou wrote:

He is getting picked on relentlessly at his school. He volunteered to help out at the local old folks home and while he was there, these 2 other kids from his school were pulling his arms back, flicking his hat of his head and just calling him disgusting names.

He did tell them to f@*k off but they are bigger than him so he was scared. The co-ordinator told the principal and he got a telling off but that's all. This kid is really popular though and now he's making my bro's life hell.

Now I hear this morning that they are ringing his friends and telling them that when he comes back to school he's gonna get it and they are saying nasty things about him on Facebook (just another reason why I hate Facebook)

He is a smart kid an he's into science so he stands out like dog's balls. I wish I could grab those kids and punch the living shit out of them. He's at home at the moment stressing about having to go back and my Mum is at her wits end. He is being transferred at the end of the year anyway but he has to endure this for another 6 months or this other private school won't take him. I say get him out of there anyway but Mum doesn't want to ruin his history of private school education.

I'm sorry to hear this. Some kids can be real a-holes. And these boys sound awful, I hope they get what they deserve :x It sickens me when I see/hear about this sort of stuff, I feel for your brother. I know what it's like to be made fun of for being "smart" and unafraid to like something, to be who you are.
    He sounds like a nice boy, to volunteer at an old people's home is a hugely generous thing.
    I hope this situation gets resolved fast and they leave him alone. I hope they get sense knocked into them, because it's not fair that other kids have to suffer because of popularity, and stupidness. What goes around, comes around though, they'll get what they deserve.
    Don't apologise for the story, I'd be exactly the same if something like that happened to my sister. Or anyone I knew.
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for being understanding Pilate. :)
    The first high school I went to was horrible. The girls there were absolute bitches, they used to pick on this girl who was from Tonga (I think?). She had really tight curly hair and you can imagine what they used to say. She ended up leaving, then they turned on me when I had a falling out with one of the popular girls there and I ended up leaving too.

I ended up going to a local school that had a rep for being rough, I loved it. It wasn't rough at all and kids there were lovely. That's what I want for my little bro, he's been picked on hi whole time there. :(
    Post edited by Loulou on
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Why, oh why do people gotta shit all over the place?!? Come on women!!! What the fuck is wrong with you all?!?!
    Why, oh why do people gotta shit all over the place?!? Come on women!!! What the fuck is wrong with you all?!?!
    :? ewwwwwwwwwww! :lol::lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Loulou wrote:

Your brother will have his revenge when he grows up to be a wonderful, intelligent, well rounded human being with a good job and a great life.

Those other kids will be nothing.
    :)
    Thanks, I'm sure he will too. He's a tough cookie, he doesn't want to leave and let them win but we are concerned for his emotional stability, enduring that shit for 6 more months. Poor little bugger. The prinicipal has been so pathetic!! Mum reckons she is going to take them to the cleaners if those kids aren't expelled. Seeing a lawyer and everything. Hopes she does, maybe their parents will sit up and take notice then?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Loulou wrote:
    Thanks, I'm sure he will too. He's a tough cookie, he doesn't want to leave and let them win but we are concerned for his emotional stability, enduring that shit for 6 more months. Poor little bugger. The prinicipal has been so pathetic!! Mum reckons she is going to take them to the cleaners if those kids aren't expelled. Seeing a lawyer and everything. Hopes she does, maybe their parents will sit up and take notice then?

That's been a problem for a while now all over the world. Kids can get away with so much these days. At young age these things can have a lasting effect on confidence that continues into adulthood. Not enough is done to protect these children.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,754
    what is on my mind?
    EV solo
    Hartford
    at possibly my favorite venue in the NE
    Your so right. I still think of the time I was approached by all those girls at school, it never really leaves you. I am an anxious person as it is but I feel deep down that made me worse.

And no, there isn't enough done about it. It's a viscous circle- kid is bullied, kid tells teacher, teacher says "Don't do that it's not nice", kid ignores teacher, starts again.
    There should be no tolerance for it but this one kid has been warned plenty of times. :roll: Don't get me wrong, not all teachers are like that, I just think they have their hands tied unfortunately, they are not given the rights to be able to enforce it sometimes.
    Loulou wrote:

That's been a problem for a while now all over the world. Kids can get away with so much these days. At young age these things can have a lasting effect on confidence that continues into adulthood. Not enough is done to protect these children.

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I wish I had someone to cook for me...or a cabana boy. Or both :lol:
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    A lot of regret and some sorry, not a good day.....
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    so glad tomorrow is Friday, holy smokes
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Another year has gone by :(

9 days til EV show :D
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    9 days til EV show :D
    I LOVE THIS!! See you there!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    my record player needs a new needle....time to order!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I didn't feel well when I got home so I took a nap. Now I can't sleep :roll:
  • MikeackMikeack Posts: 562
    I need to go to work after 7 days off, I am not cut out for such slavery...I am a free man! :|
    ADVERTISE your business in my signature space. TOP RATES for limited time only!! lol
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    fuck politics
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    fuck politics
    +1
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • Can't wait to start this new PhD. I've written 11,000 words of my thesis already and I don't start until January. Ah, the joys of eternal study. :D
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    on my 3rd missed day of work.... i hate being sick :(
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Mikeack wrote:
    I need to go to work after 7 days off, I am not cut out for such slavery...I am a free man! :|

Welcome back ;)