what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    I haven't posted a smilie in 3 days. That's like eternity for me.

3 months on the board now (not including PMs)
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    EmBleve wrote:
    thinking of a funny story my aunt used to tell me...she and one of her friends used to work in a pharmacy like in the 60s. Back then, they used to announce over an intercom the names of the people whose prescriptions were ready. They would get on there, in the crowded Woolworth's store/pharmacy, and say things like "Aretha Franklin, ARETHA FRANKLIN, your prescription is ready in the pharmacy"..and then they would watch and laugh at everyone looking around like 'where's Aretha?'...hilarious. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    edited April 2011
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    I haven't posted a smilie in 3 days. That's like eternity for me.

3 months on the board now (not including PMs)

Good work VOM!

I am addicted to smilies...I will try to overcome... :oops: ahhhhh....I failed already!
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Jukee wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    thinking of a funny story my aunt used to tell me...she and one of her friends used to work in a pharmacy like in the 60s. Back then, they used to announce over an intercom the names of the people whose prescriptions were ready. They would get on there, in the crowded Woolworth's store/pharmacy, and say things like "Aretha Franklin, ARETHA FRANKLIN, your prescription is ready in the pharmacy"..and then they would watch and laugh at everyone looking around like 'where's Aretha?'...hilarious. :lol:

:lol:

I was looking through an old phone book at my parents not too long ago from the 40's and some of the ads were pretty hillarious. Your story made me think of one for a pharmacy..."Herman's Drug Store, we have the best drugs in town!"
    :D yeah, that is funny--best drugs in town lol. That would go over well now. The story I relayed about my aunt also always reminds me of the Laverne & Shirley episode where they're working in that diner and Laverne keeps getting on the mike saying "BETTY PICK UP" for Shirley--omg, that was so funny!! And I can always see my aunt and her friend like that on the mike. :lol:
    omg...now I am thinking of how much I loved Laverne and Shirley!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Saw a little exhibition of Bob Dylan's art this afternoon, in Cambridge.

horse.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    A client just came in and his eyes have been swollen shut for a week and he can't see. The doctors can't explain it or fix it and the client is obviously freaked.

Me to him: Hey! Long time no see!

I am an asshole.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    A client just came in and his eyes have been swollen shut for a week and he can't see. The doctors can't explain it or fix it and the client is obviously freaked.

I am an asshole.

:lol::lol:

something i'd do :lol::lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I am an asshole.

:lol::lol:

something i'd do :lol::lol:

I'd probably 'accidently' have this playing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwJ-g0iJ6w
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

:lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Trying hard not to see the score of Barca vs. Real Madrid before I watch it later.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    mets baseball
    nfl draft
    a girl
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    metsfan wrote:
    mets baseball
    nfl draft
    a girl
    is that in order of importance??? ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Why is it that humans continue to test my patience ? Or is it my perception ? sigh...
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • I did it!! My first year of school is done. I dropped out of university years ago and now I am half way to having my college diploma! I can't believe it. I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I did it!! My first year of school is done. I dropped out of university years ago and now I am half way to having my college diploma! I can't believe it. I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    :clap::clap::clap:
  • Hey, I'm in metsfan's signy- I rule!

Surely I've had better contibutions to this place than that! Half the time, I can be completely mis-quoted and things go arise. :)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I did it!! My first year of school is done. I dropped out of university years ago and now I am half way to having my college diploma! I can't believe it. I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

beer-steins2.jpg
  • norm wrote:

beer-steins2.jpg
    :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, guys!!! Plenty of drinks later. :D

Just wish my mum could see that I am doing it. She is always with me in spirit though.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Awesome!
    Congrats!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Hey, I'm in metsfan's signy- I rule!

shame you aren't in my shorts

WINNING!!

• Lizard wrote:
    Awesome!
    Congrats!

Thanks, Liz!
    Lizard wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    mets baseball
    nfl draft
    a girl
    is that in order of importance??? ;)
    yes

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    allergies - big time, itchy watery eyes, scratchy throat, and cough... :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How much did you cost before?? :lol: I kid.. Congrats!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:

beer-steins2.jpg

that's way too much head on those beers for my taste.

but congrats STB!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How much did you cost before?? :lol: I kid.. Congrats!!

Well for you..... ;)
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:

beer-steins2.jpg

that's way too much head on those beers for my taste.

but congrats STB!

I agree. Not the proper way to pour but I'll still take it!!

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    Hey, I'm in metsfan's signy- I rule!

Surely I've had better contibutions to this place than that! Half the time, I can be completely mis-quoted and things go arise. :)
    freudian slip?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    what the fuck was Ed thinking with Leatherman. I mean really.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14