what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• mfc2006 wrote:
    Waco sucks. I wish we were still on vacation. We can't stand this town. One more year & we're outta here...for good.
    im going to austin, san antonio, and houston next week

any suggestions on fun things to do that i wouldn't find online?

i'll be content as long as i get some BBQ, go skeet shooting, and get drunk
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Waco sucks. I wish we were still on vacation. We can't stand this town. One more year & we're outta here...for good.
    im going to austin, san antonio, and houston next week

any suggestions on fun things to do that i wouldn't find online?

i'll be content as long as i get some BBQ, go skeet shooting, and get drunk

Austin is awesome....hit up Stubb's for some kickass bbq & live music. 6th street is a lot of fun....there are tons of great record stores there as well! go here to see what's going on:
    http://www.austinchronicle.com/

I've only been to San Antonio a few times, so I'll let someone else talk about what to do there.

I grew up in Houston...and there's a lot to do. It depends on what you feel like doing, though. There are some great live music venues, amazing restaurants (Red Onion is my favorite...AWESOME food!), some good record stores (Cactus Music) and the beach is only an hour away if you want some super fresh seafood.
    http://www.houstonpress.com/

with all 3 of these cities, be prepared to be stuck in traffic. and Texas gives drivers licenses to just about anyone, so beware...there are some shitty drivers here.

if you need some in-depth info, just shoot me a pm. and if you do happen to drive through Waco, there's not a ton to do....but the TX Sports Hall of Fame is here. Go to a place called Health Camp for a good burger. And.....well, that's about it! :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • thanks mfc... i'll shoot you a PM if we run out of plans... that should be a good start for now

didnt realize houston was that close to the beach... i could use a beach right about now... even if it is 60 degrees
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i was in SA once years ago. nice little town. river walk is cool. of course you have the alamo. that's about all did, since i was on a business trip.

i wouldn't mind going back
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    letting my head rule my heart, and my new years resolution(s)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    thanks mfc... i'll shoot you a PM if we run out of plans... that should be a good start for now

didnt realize houston was that close to the beach... i could use a beach right about now... even if it is 60 degrees

yup. Galveston isn't far at all. it's not the prettiest beach, but it's a cool place to visit. there are some quirky/fun restaurants & bars on The Strand.

just let me know if i can help, man. i know the most about Houston, but i know Austin really well too. i know there are some Austinites on the board as well. it just depends on what you want to do...but those sites should help you get started!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    What I would do if I won MEGA Millions tonight!!! :think: :shifty:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Reality invades the fun zone.
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    slope failure scenarios :P
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Breathe....AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    That's all.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    why do hair stylists always say, 'just a trim?' and then whack off 5 inches? :twisted:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    4and20 wrote:
    why do hair stylists always say, 'just a trim?' and then whack off 5 inches? :twisted:

Even being a male, I've noticed this too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm really dying to hear back from this guy about my radio spot... :? :crazy:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    4and20 wrote:

What kind of stylist do you go to??

Sounds like Saturday night at Dunk's house. Where has he been, anyway?
  • mmmmmm breakfast....i love food!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    that I wasted 3 whole hours of my life watching Avatar last night.

ugh.

Finally, someone else who could not stand that movie! My wife said I must be the only person in the world who didn't like it. Now I have proof, there are at least two of us! :lol:
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    We're going to the PJ festival, I don't care. You have a million expensive hobbies, PJ is my only hobby and we're going, so deal with it. :x
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I have been reading "The All Encompassing Trip" book.
    I need to stop being so adult-like.
    I need to spend more money, take some vacations, and not be afraid to get in touble..
    8-);)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    wondering what tshirt size to associate to the purchase of my analog membership :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Last night, I learned that my neighbor is building a casket for my other neighbor...... What the fucking fuck?!?!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    4and20 wrote:

What kind of stylist do you go to??

Sounds like Saturday night at Dunk's house. Where has he been, anyway?

she's my regular stylist,...this time she was just happily chit-chatting away and kept trimming...and trimming...and trimming....and now I have bangs again... :evil:

Maybe Dunk is playing at Chad's house since he's on time-out.... :?:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Countdown to lunch has begun
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Last night, I learned that my neighbor is building a casket for my other neighbor...... What the fucking fuck?!?!

Where do you live? :?
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Last night, I learned that my neighbor is building a casket for my other neighbor...... What the fucking fuck?!?!

And to that I add... is this a prophylactic effort, or is the person actually dead yet?

And... do you by any chance live near eyed? :shock:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RYEzupSF wrote:

And to that I add... is this a prophylactic effort, or is the person actually dead yet?

The man is only late 60's, and obviously looking for a bargin.... the other neighbor is into woodworking....

Morbid. I live 15 minutes from Ed Gein... Seriously.
  • Just did a 2 hr drum practice non stop :D .. dam my legs are tired
    But it was a good workout !! :D
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003

The man is only late 60's, and obviously looking for a bargin.... the other neighbor is into woodworking....

Morbid. I live 15 minutes from Ed Gein... Seriously.

Maybe there is something in the water. Or maybe your neighbors are a match made in heaven.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Hurry up weekend and get here!!
    Bring back Angry Toast!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Bring back Angry Toast!

I like my green little bogie man!

Besides Angry Toast is on our other hard drive which has gone caput.