Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Annafalk said:

Annafalk said:

People being mean to me.

:hug: You seem like a very kind and thoughtful guy!!! I see lots of love coming your way as well, take in the words and advised that makes you feel better !!!
    Being kind doesn't matter, people don't give a shit in my life. But thank you.
    I think people honestly care, why else would your threads go on for so long if no one cared? Look how many people that has made comments in your threads.
    (I think your avatar should reflect upon how you want other to see you or it should be about something that feels positive for you!!!)
    I mean off the forum, in my life, my kindness goes unappreciated.
    Kindness and decency are, to me, things that should be practiced out of conscience, out of doing the right thing without expectation of reciprocation or even acknowledgement. Sure, it's nice to get that back, but - for me, at least - it's not the objective.

No one navigates an easy path; it's possible to be sensitive and strong, just learning how and when to apply each. Up to you to learn and adapt.

To quote Shannon Hoon, "When life is hard, you have to change."

(gotta be willing to, though)
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    hedonist said:

Annafalk said:

Annafalk said:

People being mean to me.

:hug: You seem like a very kind and thoughtful guy!!! I see lots of love coming your way as well, take in the words and advised that makes you feel better !!!
    I think people honestly care, why else would your threads go on for so long if no one cared? Look how many people that has made comments in your threads.
    (I think your avatar should reflect upon how you want other to see you or it should be about something that feels positive for you!!!)
    Kindness and decency are, to me, things that should be practiced out of conscience, out of doing the right thing without expectation of reciprocation or even acknowledgement. Sure, it's nice to get that back, but - for me, at least - it's not the objective.

No one navigates an easy path; it's possible to be sensitive and strong, just learning how and when to apply each. Up to you to learn and adapt.

Well said
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    big changes coming....excited & nervous at the same time!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

hedonist said:

Annafalk said:

Annafalk said:

People being mean to me.

Well said
    All of you ladies, ( not calling you a lady, TA.. I Mean Anna, Hedo, and Jenny), are amazing people! :hug: to each of you!
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    mfc2006 said:

Baby?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

hedonist said:

Annafalk said:

Annafalk said:

People being mean to me.

Well said
    All of you ladies, ( not calling you a lady, TA.. I Mean Anna, Hedo, and Jenny), are amazing people! :hug: to each of you!
    As are you, my lovely, strong, and wise friend :)
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

mfc2006 said:

Baby?
    That's a little forward of you, Hedo, calling Fifthelement "baby". Have you even met?

=)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Silly girl, often =)

Anyone remember the Babys? They had maybe two hits, and couldn't even spell their band name correctly.

I came across a live clip of U2 with Ziggy and Richards - Love, Rescue Me.

and so it did!
  • Options
    If the story I read in the media tonight is true, our management have been talking through their holes regarding our imminent ejection from our offices and forced move to what will be a very cramped head office :angry:
  • Options
    Grrr, I hope it isn't too stressful a process or end-result, Jenny.

I have reinforced my recent crushing on Boy George. Not sure what it is, but I've found a connection with him of late. And it really doesn't matter why right now. I'm just happy it is - that he is.

Let the children!

PS - fuck cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akUM7uLKxvY
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    The next few weeks are going to be interesting with my wife's wrist immobilized in a splint. This morning she had me attempt to do her hair. That was an exercise in futility. Her wrist can't heal soon enough.
  • Options
    Shoot, sorry, marky. The wrist is one of those areas that you just don't know what you got till it's gone.

(apologies to Ms. J. Mitchell for pilfering / butchering her words)

If she's going to be like that for a spell, you may want to consider taking one of those father/daughter hair-styling courses :)
  • Options

The next few weeks are going to be interesting with my wife's wrist immobilized in a splint. This morning she had me attempt to do her hair. That was an exercise in futility. Her wrist can't heal soon enough.

Google hairstyles she likes.. learn to do them. You are a good man/husband!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Shoot, sorry, marky. The wrist is one of those areas that you just don't know what you got till it's gone.

(apologies to Ms. J. Mitchell for pilfering / butchering her words)

If she's going to be like that for a spell, you may want to consider taking one of those father/daughter hair-styling courses :)

Google hairstyles she likes.. learn to do them. You are a good man/husband!
    She is contacting her hairdresser to see about getting me some beginner lessons. I'm just worried my wife is expecting Vidal Sassoon and not Barber Mark :lol:

I know she's really frustrated with the situation, so I'm just trying to make it as easy for her as I can.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    This is a very good podcast: IDEA architect Douglas Abrams: Cultivating Joy, Collaborating with Spiritual Masters & Elevating Consciousness.

Most of it is about Douglas Abrams interview with Archbishop Desmond Tutu and The Dalai Lama, and the book, The Book of Joy that resulted from the interview.

http://www.richroll.com/podcast/doug-abrams/
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Tomorrow is a follow-up interview from Friday. Here I go!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Ms. Haiku said:

:clap:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Good luck!
  • Options
    Just watched Lone Survivor, hell of a film. Hell being the operative word
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Yay!! Good luck!!
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    Ms. Haiku said:

Fingers crossed for you Ms Haiku. I'm sending you good vibes. Bonne chance!

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Somebody has composed a song as part of a campaign to stop our office moving to a new building and it is bloody hilarious :rofl:

http://tuairisc.ie/fuaim-ar-son-na-cuise-na-tabhair-suas-go-monto-me-bailead-fhoras-na-gaeilge/
  • Options

Somebody has composed a song as part of a campaign to stop our office moving to a new building and it is bloody hilarious :rofl:

http://tuairisc.ie/fuaim-ar-son-na-cuise-na-tabhair-suas-go-monto-me-bailead-fhoras-na-gaeilge/

Thank God, that I took those four history of linguistics classes! I actually Lol' about the this in not a hipster cage.. no skinny latte! But for not speaking Gaelic, I got a lot of that. Any chance we could get a full translation? Cause I have a feeling it is even funnier than what I was able to read.
  • Options
    Café not cage
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

It's interesting and cool this language you speak, is it called Gaelic?
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

Gaeilge :smile: It's a Celtic language
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Thank God, that I took those four history of linguistics classes! I actually Lol' about the this in not a hipster cage.. no skinny latte! But for not speaking Gaelic, I got a lot of that. Any chance we could get a full translation? Cause I have a feeling it is even funnier than what I was able to read.
    I could translate it but I'm not sure the humour would really translate unless you understand the dynamics of North and South Dublin :smile:

Basically they're proposing moving our head office from a posh address in South Dublin to a slightly dodgy address across the river. There have been a lot of stories in the media about it because the staff are against it and have been leaking info to the press in an effort to scupper the move. I dunno who wrote the song but it's bloody hilarious
  • Options
    Café not cage
    Annafalk said:

I apologize if I

Annafalk said:

I had forgotten you'd told us this once. Sorry for my mis interpretation. I could only bring Gaelic to mind.
    From what I could decipher it was very funny!
  • Options

Café not cage

Annafalk said:

I apologize if I

Annafalk said:

I had forgotten you'd told us this once. Sorry for my mis interpretation. I could only bring Gaelic to mind.
    From what I could decipher it was very funny!
    It's ok, pretty much all Americans call it Gaelic for some reason :tongue: