Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    What should I do this weekend? 3 day weekend :joy:
    I'm pretty much stuck inside though because of allergies :(
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    It's getting hard for me to sit here and finish this work day, just thinking about how in a week from now I will be struggling to do the same thing just before leaving to head to the Philly show. :smiley:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,486
    I've been getting AARP brochures since I was 18. I think someone signed me up in college as a joke. (classic).
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    On my mind: a sweet, beautiful and plucky friend.

I shall be reviewing AARP stuff this weekend (and I hate how AARP sounds in my head; it's seal-like).
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    what happened to PJPearl....hope she is ok?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Sprunkn7 said:

Oh, good question, she did say she was leaving though
  • Options
    Have given in to my Muse addiction once again and booked flights to Stockholm :smile: Now debating whether to go for the ticket someone offered me or hold out for a slightly better situated seat. Did I mention I have serious trouble with decision-making :tongue:
  • Options

Have given in to my Muse addiction once again and booked flights to Stockholm :smile: Now debating whether to go for the ticket someone offered me or hold out for a slightly better situated seat. Did I mention I have serious trouble with decision-making :tongue:

Ohhhh boy! Thanks for the Pearl info...makes me nervous if she isn't around ya know?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Ohhhh boy! Thanks for the Pearl info...makes me nervous if she isn't around ya know?
    Yeah she got annoyed with people all of a sudden and said she was leaving. Think that might be over a month ago now?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    need prayers from believers because we think my dad Herve may have cancer doc says it's almost definite by the looks of it
    I'm just hoping he kicks it in the ass
    some reassurance would be nice
    thanks
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,606
    JWPearl said:

need prayers from believers because we think my dad Herve may have cancer doc says it's almost definite by the looks of it
    I'm just hoping he kicks it in the ass
    some reassurance would be nice
    thanks

Best wishes. That is a very awful feeling, waiting to know, fighting all the worst scenario thoughts in your head, etc. I've been in the same place with my dad for both cancer and his heart (he is healthy now!). It is scary, worrying, stressful. Take care and do your best not to think about it until you know for sure, since you can't have a game plan until then anyway.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thanks
    the worry I guess is how severe it could be the biopsy was yesterday so we wait two horrible weeks
    talk about stressing especially for him
    But he's got plenty of support and I got this good feeling don't know how but
    He will be well looked after by us and he will be ok and his life won't be at any
    Threat because that's how strong love works I believe
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    My EODM vinyl and where it is?
    and work tonight....fuck... cmon on Max lotto!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Do you mean me ?
    I'm ok I just don't come here much anymore because people are just mean and I harbour resentment and don't forget
    Thanks for your concerns I just do my own thing now and listen to music and play guitar and
    Stick with my family
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    JWPearl said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Do you mean me ?
    I'm ok I just don't come here much anymore because people are just mean and I harbour resentment and don't forget
    Thanks for your concerns I just do my own thing now and listen to music and play guitar and
    Stick with my family
    mean? on the 10club boards........no way sista!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243
    I'm thinking that people need not to let life happen to them and start happening to life. Random thought I know
  • Options
    inmyNC said:

I'm thinking that people need not to let life happen to them and start happening to life. Random thought I know

Random thoughts are some of the best ones.

I've found a ranging middle-ground of that works best for me, at least so far.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    edited April 2016
    Wife agreed to let a friend's 7 year old stay the night with us. He finally got tired about 11:00 tonight (his parents just let him stay up til he crashes on the weekends, so we followed suit). Oh my God. I don't have the energy for this. I don't know how parents do this full time. Wow.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Oh...lest we forget...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    lolobugg said:

JWPearl said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Do you mean me ?
    Stick with my family
    Here?????..i don't believe it..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    Those fucking SA crowds..chills..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Summer
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,486
    23scidoo said:

lolobugg said:

JWPearl said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Do you mean me ?
    Stick with my family
    Here?????..i don't believe it..
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Weekend morning showers are so luxurious...and for someone fairly sensitive to scents, something about it not being a rushed pre-work, all of the aromas - from facial soap to shaving gel to my favorite Kama Sutra Wild Clove shower wash - all meld so nicely together.
  • Options
    I hope the mechanic doesn't have too horrible news for me!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,606

Wife agreed to let a friend's 7 year old stay the night with us. He finally got tired about 11:00 tonight (his parents just let him stay up til he crashes on the weekends, so we followed suit). Oh my God. I don't have the energy for this. I don't know how parents do this full time. Wow.

Terrible weekend sleeping arrangement for a 7 year old. They need a regular sleep schedule. It's very important (according to all experts on the subject). It sucks for the adults too, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    PJ_Soul said:

Terrible weekend sleeping arrangement for a 7 year old. They need a regular sleep schedule. It's very important (according to all experts on the subject). It sucks for the adults too, lol.
    agreed with PJSoul, my son is in bed every night by 8. Our routine starts 715...reading, pj's, teeth, prayers, bathroom, hugs/kisses with family, and then bed. Any later he's a sleepy head the next morning.

OMM- beautiful evening out, just had a great walk with my pups, and want more.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, I agree with you. I was a bit shocked when his mom told us that. Of course, my only other experiences keeping kids are with my nieces, but my sister has them on a tight sleep schedule, going to bed at 8:30. They only get to break bed time for special circumstances, but even then the girls are usually ready to sleep within 10-15 minutes after their normal time. I really felt like it wasn't my place to say anything, especially since I don't have kids of my own.