Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I really need to do the dishes.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,739
    Third show in the row and no slow openers..very unusual..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    SD48277 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

I'm looking at a box of Chocolate creme twinkies...I have never seen chocolate creme twinkies!!

Just looking? I think you need to try one out and report back to us.
    ok, you talked me into it....mmm didn't love it! Maybe deep fried? I love anything deep fried :lol:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,114
    I don't have a dog or cat, nor do I particularly want one. I'm more of a bird man, as evidenced by my avatar. However, I love seeing all the pics in the dog and cat threads.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I don't have a dog or cat, nor do I particularly want one. I'm more of a bird man, as evidenced by my avatar. However, I love seeing all the pics in the dog and cat threads.

Birds are pretty cool. My husband used to have a parrot named Skipper who'd perch on his shoulder, pirate-style. And my sister had a parakeet as a kid, but she "hugged" it a little too hard one time, and then we were birdless.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Birds are pretty cool. My husband used to have a parrot named Skipper who'd perch on his shoulder, pirate-style. And my sister had a parakeet as a kid, but she "hugged" it a little too hard one time, and then we were birdless.
    I've basically lived all of my life, at least all that I can remember, with a cockatiel. My dad got the first one when I was 3. Wound up taking him when I was in college after my dad passed away (mom didn't want him and I couldn't just let her give away my buddy). Kept that tiel until he died when I was 27. Went about 6 months before my wife and I decided we wanted another one and adopted the guy in my avatar. Had him going on 5 years now. I think I've gotten so used to having a bird around that I wouldn't know how to live without one!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I had a very short interview with an employment agency. 15 minute interview. The length freaked me out, but she asked great questions. Because of meeting with her I'm redoing my resume.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    I once had a 3 minute interview for a temp pool. I got the job and it eventually lead to my career. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I once had a 3 minute interview for a temp pool. I got the job and it eventually lead to my career. ;)

You just made my day, PJ_Soul!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

hedonist said:

I've basically lived all of my life, at least all that I can remember, with a cockatiel. My dad got the first one when I was 3. Wound up taking him when I was in college after my dad passed away (mom didn't want him and I couldn't just let her give away my buddy). Kept that tiel until he died when I was 27. Went about 6 months before my wife and I decided we wanted another one and adopted the guy in my avatar. Had him going on 5 years now. I think I've gotten so used to having a bird around that I wouldn't know how to live without one!
    I really like birds. Had several budgies over the years, and would love an African Grey...I just don't have the room for one, nor do I know of any other bird lovers to take care of one when I go on vacation.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

I really like birds. Had several budgies over the years, and would love an African Grey...I just don't have the room for one, nor do I know of any other bird lovers to take care of one when I go on vacation.
    African Greys are cool, but I don't know about owning one. I would definitely need a bigger house, that's for sure. I imagine that they're quite a handful too.
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

African Greys are cool, but I don't know about owning one. I would definitely need a bigger house, that's for sure. I imagine that they're quite a handful too.
    Does the chirping/tweeting/other bird noises bother you, or do you just get used to it?

There's a little bungalow on one of my regular drives here that has an aviary outside, and I find it very sweet and comforting when I hear them.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

Does the chirping/tweeting/other bird noises bother you, or do you just get used to it?

There's a little bungalow on one of my regular drives here that has an aviary outside, and I find it very sweet and comforting when I hear them.
    After 30+ years I'm pretty used to it unless he just goes completely nuts over something. While on the phone people have commented that they couldn't live with the chirping and I didn't even realize he was chirping. My wife said it took her about 6 to 8 months to get used to it.
  • Options
    I guess it becomes a form of white noise over time? Like it'd seem too silent without it.

On my mind (and in my sight, within the ears and soul too) - live Bowie, Ziggy. He looked so fucking happy.
  • Options
    I just love Gail Ann Dorsey - and Mr. Jones :)

• Options
    hedonist said:

I guess it becomes a form of white noise over time? Like it'd seem too silent without it.

On my mind (and in my sight, within the ears and soul too) - live Bowie, Ziggy. He looked so fucking happy.

I love the little chirps some of my budgies made. Notice I did say 'some', I've had some that had really annoying chirps. A friend had a parrot that imitated the ringing of the telephone...it made me laugh.
    Not sure if I could deal with a larger parrot screaming when they get upset.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I watched my friends green cheek conure for a week in my house. I'm not a bird person but we got along ok. I'm a cat person so no birds for me! Here's me and Ozzy...
    imageozzy photo 2014-08-17 16.09.06_zpsc3s2rsgm.jpg" />

• Options
    It is so beautiful outside, it's a shame I have to stay inside and look for a job. Why can't the job just come to me and land in my hands? Why, oh why?
  • Options
    Great pic Sprunkn7

Good luck on the job hunt Ms. Haiku
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

Don't they live 50 years or something too (if they're fed properly), and are completely traumatized when the person they've bonded with leaves or dies? Quite a commitment.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

Don't they live 50 years or something too (if they're fed properly), and are completely traumatized when the person they've bonded with leaves or dies? Quite a commitment.
    Yes, you're right on all that. I think they can live longer in captivity, depending on the quality of care the bird receives. Some of the stories about abandoned (for lack of a better word) birds are truly heartbreaking. I mean, Sarah McLachlan type sad.
  • Options

Great pic Sprunkn7

I have a phone interview tomorrow :) Yay!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Love life!

Do you mean that you love life, or that you're thinking about your love life??
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Great pic Sprunkn7

I have a phone interview tomorrow :) Yay!
    Good luck! You'll do great!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    The first car crash I've witnessed in person in my 35 years living so far waiting now for the bus. Dayumn!

Looks like nobody got fatally hurt though.
  • Options
    Great interview, and I have a in-person follow up next week. We haven't discussed compensation. When I submit my resume to other jobs that question is part of the application process. It will come up.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Great interview, and I have a in-person follow up next week. We haven't discussed compensation. When I submit my resume to other jobs that question is part of the application process. It will come up.

Sending good luck vibes :hug:
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

yay! best of luck to you!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Just home from Florida.... Wrigley is on my mind!

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,489
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.