Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    edited November 2015
    Mickey Mouse's first appearance was on November 18th 1928! Happy 87th anniversary Mickey! :joy:

Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    ^^ Seems like it was a very good day for cartoonists! :wink:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    With the way my dad drives I'm worried I may lose him like I'd been through that before but I've warned him heaps and there's nothing else I can do :(
    What a sleep I just had was amazing..
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    JWPearl said:

With the way my dad drives I'm worried I may lose him like I'd been through that before but I've warned him heaps and there's nothing else I can do :(
    What a sleep I just had was amazing..

If his driving is posing a risk to himself and others on the road, you can and should call the cops and see how they can help to bar him from driving.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    ya know that person you never hear from...then you hear from them....and they want to know how you are...oh and I 'm in a jam...can you do _____ for me? WTF is that shit?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I hope that someday this will be a world where people look back into history and are surprised by how awful and barbaric people were for building, maintaining, and visiting zoos.
    Zoos make me fucking sick to my stomach. Aquariums too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I hope that someday this will be a world where people look back into history and are surprised by how awful and barbaric people were for building, maintaining, and visiting zoos.
    Zoos make me fucking sick to my stomach. Aquariums too.

i totally agree with this..
    i find zoos depressing :(
    happy to just watch tv and see them
    in the wild..
    much nicer for both
    the beasts and the people..

why do all the good tasting things for a
    snack be bad for you like chips, ice-creme,
    chocolate,real butter, loads of fresh bread,nuts
    cake, fatty chops or steak,bacon, gravy, candy
    biscuits, cheese etc..
    and all the most boring tasting snacks
    be good for you like carrot, tomatoes,
    salad, cucumber, celery, beetroot etc
    just things you dont want to be snacking
    all day if you got to watch your
    cholesterol, bloodpressure and sugar count
    its all just wrong lol..

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Just got invited to a high school reunion.....Yeahhhh, no thanks :lol::lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    hope your all having a good night.. xx oo
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    samjam said:

Yup. I went to one. 10 year. My best friend begged. It was as horrible as I thought. We left and my husband said, "You had it as bad as I did." She begged for the 20 year. About 2 years in advance she told me that I had to get on Facebook for them to contact me . . . I told her that I preferred never hearing from the people who treated me like shit ever again.

Um, no thank you.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    deadendp said:

samjam said:

Yup. I went to one. 10 year. My best friend begged. It was as horrible as I thought. We left and my husband said, "You had it as bad as I did." She begged for the 20 year. About 2 years in advance she told me that I had to get on Facebook for them to contact me . . . I told her that I preferred never hearing from the people who treated me like shit ever again.

Um, no thank you.
    Exactly! I've never been to one and won't ever be going! I walked down that isle after graduation and did not look back once.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Never ever google your symptoms, you will inevitably decide you're dying of a terrible disease
  • Options
    cant wait to see the kids today and i hope
    the weather is good for the wedding they
    have to go to tonight..
    why are my eyes so sore from the glare
    think i might just hop of it and go back to bed
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

deadendp said:

samjam said:

Um, no thank you.
    Exactly! I've never been to one and won't ever be going! I walked down that isle after graduation and did not look back once.
    Never went to one either...I happened across a snapfish link to photos from the reunion. I hardly recognized the people because well, it's true that the most popular people get fat and ugly.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited November 2015
    RKCNDY said:

deadendp said:

samjam said:

Um, no thank you.
    Never went to one either...I happened across a snapfish link to photos from the reunion. I hardly recognized the people because well, it's true that the most popular people get fat and ugly.
    I've never been either. The only person I might have considered going back for died a few years back. I've seen some of those photos too. :lol:
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
  • Options
    God i love mornings..
    im definitely a morning person
    do what i like in the mornings
    then afternoon comes am all
    reserved i dont know why
    guess bc nobody is here..
    i feel free to explore myself
    in things like the net, books, music
    and on rare cases tv but rarely
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

deadendp said:

samjam said:

Um, no thank you.
    Same here. I've kept in touch with those I wanted to.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    The Kate Upton thread.
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

samjam said:

Um, no thank you.
    Same here. I've kept in touch with those I wanted to.
    That's my idea. I still hang out with the handful of people I'm still friends with from high school. And that's all I care to see! I'll spend the $30 with them elsewhere!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Went to my 30th and it was really fun. I had 876 in my graduating class and I still talk to about 20 people. I had a great time, but won't go back until my 50th. Thats enough!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Went to my 30th and it was really fun. I had 876 in my graduating class and I still talk to about 20 people. I had a great time, but won't go back until my 50th. Thats enough!

We had 182 and we were one of the largest classes ever! Public school, too! Everyone basically knows everyone from K-12 :lol:
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

That's in college right??? My school year only had 60 in it so I'm presuming your schools aren't that enormous :)
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing My Morning Jacket at the Orpheum in Boston with my dear friend
    Unlostdogs !!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    dont usually have free afternoons anymore lately to listen to good music and relax
    so i did tonight and it was wonderful..thanks to the kids..
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

Sprunkn7 said:

That's in college right??? My school year only had 60 in it so I'm presuming your schools aren't that enormous :)
    My high school had 4300 students in it, that's 9-12th grade. (About age 14-18) considering the graduation rate was only in the 30s I couldn't tell you what the graduation class size was though.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

My high school had 4300 students in it, that's 9-12th grade. (About age 14-18) considering the graduation rate was only in the 30s I couldn't tell you what the graduation class size was though.
    So your schools are enormous! Our secondary schools are age 12-18 and each of the 6 years in my school had 3 classes, with roughly 60-65 in each year and about 400 total in the school
  • Options
    I think it mostly depends on where you live. In the middle of nowhere, my class had 107 students.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    My pc dying..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

So your schools are enormous! Our secondary schools are age 12-18 and each of the 6 years in my school had 3 classes, with roughly 60-65 in each year and about 400 total in the school
    Wow. I didn't even go to a very big school and my high school (grades 8 - 12) still had 1200 students.
    But Canada doesn't have those MASSIVE schools that the US has either (thank goodness).
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

I think it mostly depends on where you live. In the middle of nowhere, my class had 107 students.

I was in the middle of no where! My graduating class was 41 kids. That was the largest class in 20 years! AND that was a consolidated school, meaning it was 2 towns and the surrounding rural area that went to school (grades 7-12) in that school. Everybody knew everybody. Ugh
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden