what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    woke up at midnight havent been back to sleep since
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    go steelers
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Ooh! Ooh! I know Restaurant Week is a thing, but Spa Week--I had no idea THAT was a thing! How cool! Looks nationwide. $50 treatments at some of the best spas around. May have to do that!
    October 12-18. spaweek.com/
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    The weekend. Mine just started at 1.40pm on friday. Wish I had more fun things in store for it though!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
    3 years since my dad left this world....I miss him more than ever these days. What a special man, there was nobody like him. Grateful to have had his unconditional love and support for the almost 20 years we got to spend together.
    ~not a dude~
  • samjam said:

3 years since my dad left this world....I miss him more than ever these days. What a special man, there was nobody like him. Grateful to have had his unconditional love and support for the almost 20 years we got to spend together.

Glad you have happy memories :)
    samjam said:

Losing a parent is one of the worst things you ever have to go thru. There will not be a day you don't miss them, although there are days you are not aware of it.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,091
    ldent42 said:

I'm going to have to wear pj shirts all weekend.

Thats the spirit..

Last night..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Muse are coming to Dublin, I'm so excited!!!!!
  • Unsettled by censorship on the 'Unofficial' fb page, guess I forgot it is pretty much an American page...
    Just had a pretty good digital interview (yes, this is where we are today. had an interview where it poses the questions and you send in a video response), and my mom surprised me with a massage next month! And seeing a movie together tonight. It's a tough day today, but these things are making me smile.
    ~not a dude~
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

Unsettled by censorship on the 'Unofficial' fb page, guess I forgot it is pretty much an American page...

Sorry to hear about that. There's been a bit of that going around in several places this week. Is it a case of people not understanding or not wanting to understand? I am not on FB.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp said:

Unsettled by censorship on the 'Unofficial' fb page, guess I forgot it is pretty much an American page...

Sorry to hear about that. There's been a bit of that going around in several places this week. Is it a case of people not understanding or not wanting to understand? I am not on FB.
    Emmm let's just say on today of all days people weren't receptive to a particular message!
    The fact that the world seems to have changed almost over nite with a combination of very bad situations around the world right now. There's a feeling of unease not unlike the dramatic change we had when 9/11 happened.
  • watermelon
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Dinner
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    samjam said:

Just had a pretty good digital interview (yes, this is where we are today. had an interview where it poses the questions and you send in a video response), and my mom surprised me with a massage next month! And seeing a movie together tonight. It's a tough day today, but these things are making me smile.

Sam, I'm absolutely convinced you will land a great job one day. Just hang in there. Btw, I've never had a digital interview, how did it feel? And how did it go?
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    bluegrace said:

samjam said:

Sam, I'm absolutely convinced you will land a great job one day. Just hang in there. Btw, I've never had a digital interview, how did it feel? And how did it go?
    One day being the key words lol...but yes, someday, yes. It's been over a year. I have a great GPA from a great university, where I did 5 internships throughout college, did part-time volunteer work in the field I want to get into when I was where I was before moving home...sometimes it's just crap luck. You can do all the right things and just have bad luck.

This digital interview went better than the last one, as I knew what I was getting myself into (this company used the same platform as the one I had previously interviewed with, so I was familiar with the interface). It's nerve wracking to have a set amount of time to answer, seeing yourself on the screen, and only having one take. That messed me up a bit the first time, but I found this set of questions to be easier than the first time around, and combined with being familiar with it, I think it went a lot better. We'll see!
    ~not a dude~
    samjam said:

bluegrace said:

samjam said:

One day being the key words lol...but yes, someday, yes. It's been over a year. I have a great GPA from a great university, where I did 5 internships throughout college, did part-time volunteer work in the field I want to get into when I was where I was before moving home...sometimes it's just crap luck. You can do all the right things and just have bad luck.

This digital interview went better than the last one, as I knew what I was getting myself into (this company used the same platform as the one I had previously interviewed with, so I was familiar with the interface). It's nerve wracking to have a set amount of time to answer, seeing yourself on the screen, and only having one take. That messed me up a bit the first time, but I found this set of questions to be easier than the first time around, and combined with being familiar with it, I think it went a lot better. We'll see!
    Exactly. It's really not on you. And yes, it sucks at times, I know, I have been applying for jobs too... But you will get there :)
    edited September 2015
    ^^Good luck to you too! And thank you for your kind words :)

Excited to see Death Cab for Cutie tonight! Haven't ever caught them and have been wanting to since I was in middle school. Should be a great show! Explosions in the Sky opening, too!
    ~not a dude~
    ^^ I landed a new job in March, so it can be done... :)
  • Pop up
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    The instability of Europe right now
    Shana Tova, fellow Jews! Happy and sweet new year!
    ~not a dude~
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I was thinking about the great hashbrowns I'm eating until I saw Samjam posted...Hey Sam! I finally got my Global tickets last draw! this year was tough!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Banana chocolate cookies. Must. go. bake.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    what was that all about
    Sprunkn7 said:

I was thinking about the great hashbrowns I'm eating until I saw Samjam posted...Hey Sam! I finally got my Global tickets last draw! this year was tough!!!

Hi there! Glad you got tickets! I was really nervous about tickets this year too--definitely the most demand by a landslide! Lucky to win in the 2nd draw. Hopefully will see you at the preparty! :)
    ~not a dude~
    edited September 2015
    Also on my mind: Today, I heard an old friend of mine from high school went through breast cancer last year. At 22. We lost touch a few years ago in college after she deleted her social media, but I always really liked her. Went to brunch with a mutual friend of ours today, who is close with the old friend who was sick, and she told me the news. Horrible. I was gut-wrenched hearing the news. You just don't expect to hear that someone your age had to go through breast cancer. Glad to hear she's doing better now, but it really makes you think. Life is so fucking fragile.
    ~not a dude~
    Hopefully tonight I get better sleep