Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

Fulbright scholarship to teach Irish in America sounds like it could be a great adventure. Only problem is that my boss is due to retire around the time I'd have to travel over, so I can't really take a sabbatical when I either (a) have a new boss starting or (b) become the boss

Looks like it's an opportunity I may have to pass up this time...

Fulbright scholarship is a hell of a thing to pass up.I'd say go for it. When you come back, give your job the opportunity to hire back a Fulbright scholar. If they turn that down, it's their loss.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    ldent42 said:

Fulbright scholarship to teach Irish in America sounds like it could be a great adventure. Only problem is that my boss is due to retire around the time I'd have to travel over, so I can't really take a sabbatical when I either (a) have a new boss starting or (b) become the boss

Fulbright scholarship is a hell of a thing to pass up.I'd say go for it. When you come back, give your job the opportunity to hire back a Fulbright scholar. If they turn that down, it's their loss.
    I agree with this 110%! Go for it, Jenny!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited September 2015
    ldent42 said:

Agreed, go for it! Big change, going to the US.... life changing. And that is always exciting. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    My wife has a job interview at my alma mater tomorrow morning. She needs a change and I'm so nervous for her. I hope she gets the job.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Job applications are a little easier to swallow when they are for really damn cool jobs. Moving home was hard, but I can't deny the opportunities here. The job app grind is tough, though. Real tough. Hoping something comes my way sooner rather than later. I feel like I've been saying that for a year....because I have been :lol: It's officially been about a year (since I seriously started looking for a job) unemployed.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    samjam said:

Job applications are a little easier to swallow when they are for really damn cool jobs. Moving home was hard, but I can't deny the opportunities here. The job app grind is tough, though. Real tough. Hoping something comes my way sooner rather than later. I feel like I've been saying that for a year....because I have been :lol: It's officially been about a year (since I seriously started looking for a job) unemployed.

same boat somewhat...moved home to be closer to family knowing the terrible job prospects (little to none), huge competition for the good jobs, and nothing but minimum wagejobs to support a family of 3 and two pets. not giving up hope but damn its hard and im second guessing our decision. Might have to end up moving away (10hrs or so) from family to work....defeating the whole purpose of moving from Ontario but Im hoping something comes up. I wish all applications/employers would give a pfo letter so your not sitting around waiting... tell me so i can move on fuckers....haha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:

samjam said:

same boat somewhat...moved home to be closer to family knowing the terrible job prospects (little to none), huge competition for the good jobs, and nothing but minimum wagejobs to support a family of 3 and two pets. not giving up hope but damn its hard and im second guessing our decision. Might have to end up moving away (10hrs or so) from family to work....defeating the whole purpose of moving from Ontario but Im hoping something comes up. I wish all applications/employers would give a pfo letter so your not sitting around waiting... tell me so i can move on fuckers....haha
    Yeah situations like ours are never easy when it all doesn't match up like you want it. Just gotta be persistent and try to stay positive. Easier said than done, but I have hope. Best of luck to you, Nami!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    samjam said:

Nami said:

samjam said:

Yeah situations like ours are never easy when it all doesn't match up like you want it. Just gotta be persistent and try to stay positive. Easier said than done, but I have hope. Best of luck to you, Nami!
    thanks Samjam, same to you!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I'm going to say it's a lovely day but I'm still tired so I'm going back to sleep
    Good night..:)
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    She's at the interview right now - I'm at home today and hoping that it all goes well. My wife is an amazing lady and her talents are so incredibly wasted in her current position. She's the hardest working person I have ever known in my life and I just hope that someone takes a chance on her because it's been so difficult for me to watch her stress out for so long.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    It looks like the one place I will be stuck with my old name is here on this damn website, grrrrrr
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    More sleep
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243

She's at the interview right now - I'm at home today and hoping that it all goes well. My wife is an amazing lady and her talents are so incredibly wasted in her current position. She's the hardest working person I have ever known in my life and I just hope that someone takes a chance on her because it's been so difficult for me to watch her stress out for so long.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your wife. Best of luck! :lucky:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

It looks like the one place I will be stuck with my old name is here on this damn website, grrrrrr

Jenny, you can ask the mods for a name change.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Yep have sent a message to Kat, fingers crossed :)
  • Options

SD48277 said:

Ok, cool. I realized I posted this several hours after you, and probably had already received an answer. My apologies.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Ok, cool. I realized I posted this several hours after you, and probably had already received an answer. My apologies.
    Never apologise for trying to help :) Kat got back to me and told me to contact the Ten Club, so have just messaged them now. Hopefully they'll help me out!
  • Options
    Wishing I'd remembered I can use capitals in my username haha, it looks like a random jumble of letters hehe :)
  • Options
    ive lost interest might have been
    something you said or done
    besides i deserve good things
    and i dont care for competition
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for your wife. Best of luck! :lucky:
    My fingers are crossed too, good luck to her!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Watching Requiem for the Dead: An American Spring 2014. Absolutely horrifying. The story of Ethan and Kaitlin Austin is just unbearable
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Whether the Australian dollar is ever gonna go up.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,771
    Airbnb..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    That's on my mind ALL the time!!
    Post edited by Jogill on
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    a hug or kind words never go astray to show someone you care
    guess thats when you know someones true colors
  • Options
    Whether to take the offer to buy my house and where I will live if I sell now
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    My eyes are burning
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    What I'm gonna do all day. It's gonna be a wet one - ughhhh!