what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    edited January 2015
    Gillycw wrote: »
    PJSiren wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with my best friend??? She did something incredibly stupid...and I'm super pissed at her...UGH! She really fucked up this time...

Oh no sorry to hear! Time to cull perhaps? You should only give someone a certain amount of chances, life's too short to spend it around fuckwits
    I know but if someone's causing you pain then it's not worth it sometimes.
    You gotta figure out the pros and cons I guess and decide which side comes out on top.

She didn't cause me pain...She pissed me off...She cheated on her husband...She caused him the pain...I feel bad for him...I'm angry because I stood up for her at her wedding...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    jennycoyle wrote: »
    FrankieG wrote: »
    To B.L.A.M. or to go to my meeting... that is the question

B.L.A.M.????? I never get these acronyms :)

Bonnaroo Lineup Announcement Megathon!!!

They had fans call into the hotline, would give them a band that is playing, let the fan post the name on a social networking site, and then repost the most creative ones on bonnaroo.com. I ended up calling but only got 1 band (SBTRKT ?) because the line was busy, but then I just went to my meeting and checked back after the meeting was over, so I guess you can said I did both? ha

I wish I was going to roo this year, but the lineup announcement re-enforces the fact that I'm not a fan of this year's lineup.. But if PJ was there, i would be there :))
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    edited January 2015
    What the hell is wrong with my best friend??? She did something incredibly stupid...and I'm super pissed at her...UGH! She really fucked up this time...

Oh no sorry to hear! Time to cull perhaps? You should only give someone a certain amount of chances, life's too short to spend it around fuckwits
    You gotta figure out the pros and cons I guess and decide which side comes out on top.

She didn't cause me pain...She pissed me off...She cheated on her husband...She caused him the pain...I feel bad for him...I'm angry because I stood up for her at her wedding...

Wow that's a tough one, I've been there with a friend before. It's hard to put that behind you for sure. With my friend it had been going on for over a year and she's now married to the guy she had the affair with, who is a total sleaze bag. I actually don't see her anymore because of it. it was too awkward to continue the relationship when I couldn't stand her husband at all. He's really not a decent guy (it's a bit more complicated than this) sorry if I seemed harsh with the culling comment before as well.
    Post edited by Gillycw on
  • Options

Wow that's a tough one, I've been there with a friend before. It's hard to put that behind you for sure. With my friend it had been going on for over a year and she's now married to the guy she had the affair with, who is a total sleaze bag. I actually don't see her anymore because of it. it was too awkward to continue the relationship when I couldn't stand her husband at all. He's really not a decent guy (it's a bit more complicated than this) sorry if I seemed harsh with the culling comment before as well.

Yeah they're trying to work it out I guess, but he's a good guy and deserved better than that from her and she's been cheated on so the fact that she would go and do it just really chaps my hide...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    BUENOS AIRES
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Yeah they're trying to work it out I guess, but he's a good guy and deserved better than that from her and she's been cheated on so the fact that she would go and do it just really chaps my hide...

Man I've given up trying to understand why people do the things they do. In the last 12 months I've seen a few close to me do things so out of character and that make no sense to me. I just shrug my shoulders now. The world is mad! Im holding on to the good ones and hoping for the best.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    hope I can fight off this cold...so many people around me have been sick and I was lucky for a few months I guess. maybe my luck has run out....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    My friend just called to check on me. And then told me I sounded like an 80 yr old smoker! Lol
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    I've just got the news : Mudhoney will be in my area in May for their European Tour !!! See you soon Mark and Co !!! \:D/
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    it is going to be another hot day, should i go to the beach today, no too tired, blow it just be hot and bothered instead
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,355
    marilor wrote: »
    I've just got the news : Mudhoney will be in my area in May for their European Tour !!! See you soon Mark and Co !!! \:D/

Smashing! :D Have fun! I saw them in UK back in 2010 and they were absolutely amazing!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Need to go to the " store". Lol
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,355
    Somebody posted here (on the boards) the link of a Seattle(?) radio station a couple of years ago. I think there was the word "sky" or "limit" in the name of the station?... The colour of the home page was turquoise and on the right hand there was a long list of the songs played. I did a quick search but I cannot find anything. Could someone possibly help me out here? Thank you in advance. :)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Realizing that I talked more about 2 Live Crew this past weekend than I have in the last 15 years. :-S
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    1. More. Hour. Left..... At work! Then all day tomorrow at a class for food stamps orientation. Not too proud to beg!! Lol
  • Options
    I just found out that whether or not my position becomes permanent at work, is up to someone that hasn't even been hired yet...they're replacing a position of someone who was fired and when this person gets hired they get to determine whether or not I get hired...

Needless to say I'm not feeling hopeful if they're pawning it off like that, and I'm going to start looking for another job... which bums me out because I like the people I work with...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I just found out that whether or not my position becomes permanent at work, is up to someone that hasn't even been hired yet...they're replacing a position of someone who was fired and when this person gets hired they get to determine whether or not I get hired...

Needless to say I'm not feeling hopeful if they're pawning it off like that, and I'm going to start looking for another job... which bums me out because I like the people I work with...

I'm so sorry to hear this! That sucks when jobs are shady like that! Fingers crossed you find a better job Hun!!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,842

If I'm remembering correctly you don't like the hours of this job - here's hoping the next one is better.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,182
    i am writing checks for my bills....i guess subtraction is on my mind...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    vacas
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    almost 2 hours done, today is going quick so far
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    SD48277 wrote: »
    Realizing that I talked more about 2 Live Crew this past weekend than I have in the last 15 years. :-S

Realised I talked more about INXS this past weekend than I have for the last 15 years. :smile:
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    bluegrace wrote: »

Realised I talked more about INXS this past weekend than I have for the last 15 years. :smile:
    This weekend I heard All For You by Sister Hazel and uncomfortable amount of times...it just kept popping up in random places!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Contemplating starting a thread.. Called Diary of a Degenerate Fuck..The World from MY eyes..

Because there are some days that I am really ready.. I mean, ready, happy, enthusiastic, and looking forward to going outside my house.. And doing the things I have to do.. In the midst of other humans..... Buuuuuit then I get into my car, and have to negotiate the retarded roads of Colorado Springs..( I think Pot may have been legal back when they designed the roadways and general overall layout of the city... Cause.. YA HAVE to be stoned to understand it.. Oh wait.. I'm stoned and DON'T get it..) then I get to the stupid food stamps orientation class.. And it begins to fill up.. With THE craziest mix of people.. A FULLLLLL range.. And I am sitting there trying not to laugh.. Seriously.. Trying HARD not to laugh.. YA know what sends me over the edge?? I go to the bathroom, and I'm not all girly girl.. But today.. I managed to wear pink everything.. I looked like a freaky combination of Elle Woods ( Legally Blonde) and Rhonda Rousey ( UFC Fighter). So... We all laughed I'm sure.. I seriously walked out the door looking like a walking bottle Pepto Bismol! Fuck me!!!
  • Options
    Contemplating starting a thread.. Called Diary of a Degenerate Fuck..The World from MY eyes..

Because there are some days that I am really ready.. I mean, ready, happy, enthusiastic, and looking forward to going outside my house.. And doing the things I have to do.. In the midst of other humans..... Buuuuuit then I get into my car, and have to negotiate the retarded roads of Colorado Springs..( I think Pot may have been legal back when they designed the roadways and general overall layout of the city... Cause.. YA HAVE to be stoned to understand it.. Oh wait.. I'm stoned and DON'T get it..) then I get to the stupid food stamps orientation class.. And it begins to fill up.. With THE craziest mix of people.. A FULLLLLL range.. And I am sitting there trying not to laugh.. Seriously.. Trying HARD not to laugh.. YA know what sends me over the edge?? I go to the bathroom, and I'm not all girly girl.. But today.. I managed to wear pink everything.. I looked like a freaky combination of Elle Woods ( Legally Blonde) and Rhonda Rousey ( UFC Fighter). So... We all laughed I'm sure.. I seriously walked out the door looking like a walking bottle Pepto Bismol! Fuck me!!!

That's hilarious you should do it!! The orientation crowd sound a bit like some of the types which frequent the shopping centre I work in. Teeth and shoes are optional there and bogans are welcome. Colorado Springs hey? I have an ex boyfriend there!

• Options
    Oh wow!! Small world!! Yeah it's a trip here.. It's like.... California, Georgia, Florida, tiny tiny bit of Texas, some New York, and a splash of the General MidWest... That's Colorado Springs.. Some days, I feel like I'm still in Joplin! I swear.. I'm gonna do the Diary of a Degenerste Fuck.. Only I should make it.. diary of an Elitist Degenerate Fuck.. Much better..
  • Options
    samjam wrote: »

This weekend I heard All For You by Sister Hazel and uncomfortable amount of times...it just kept popping up in random places!

I think I would rather have either of those than the lengthy discussion I had about 2 Live Crew.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

I think I would rather have either of those than the lengthy discussion I had about 2 Live Crew.

I envy niether of you.. Better than what I got stuck with today... Had some 19 yr hip hop gansta wanna be tagged ragged and flagging... Singing Ginuine.. Pony.. Mans he was like mock rocking it,.. Oh wait it gets better..he had it on repeat..
  • Options

I envy niether of you.. Better than what I got stuck with today... Had some 19 yr hip hop gansta wanna be tagged ragged and flagging... Singing Ginuine.. Pony.. Mans he was like mock rocking it,.. Oh wait it gets better..he had it on repeat..

:-j Please, oh please, tell me someone recorded this.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    No I couldn't!! I was in food stamps orientation class. They make you turn off your phones.