what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I guess exs can be usefull for some things..
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    JWPearl said:

Not mine, can't think of a damn thing...

lol cant be that bad..
    =)) trust me.
    Well I hope it gets sorted for your childrens sakes...
    thank you, I appreciate the thought but it's best if i stay as far away from him as possible. On a lighter note, your ex does have usefulness - I am sincerely happy for you. I'm the idiot that picked the rotten fruit.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    njnancy said:

JWPearl said:

mine could be used for a punching bag...that's a good use, right?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I like how your mind works. Sorry you picked from the same sort of tree as me.
    I just think of it as, "if I didn't know the bad, I wouldn't appreciate the good"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

njnancy said:

JWPearl said:

mine could be used for a punching bag...that's a good use, right?
    lol some people are not used to holes and lifts like us not used to lousy ex's my ex didnt even find out I was really a piece of sunshine till he had split up with me and hung out with my dad then I caught his eye and he was speechless but it was too late.
    Strange memories I remember I bought him a pocket knife he wanted it was yellow and silver and he wanted it bad so I stupid bought it for him we went fishing one day and he somehow clumsilly.....lost it between the cracks of the jetty into the ocean, I felt sad for him bc it was a quality knife but now I look back and am greatful bc it could have been used on me.. I guess he probably looks back now and thinks its a good thing I lost it, perhaps not...
    njnancy said:

JWPearl said:

While I hate my ex I also love him in a brother like way bc we grew up together and I dont wish any bad upon him even if I do think hes a lousy dad I also know he had a hard life and if he would fall sick or die I would feel a sad loss bc although he was an asshole at times, we did still have good times and we knew each other well I have good memories growing up with him after all he was just 19 and I was 14 we broke up when I turned 21 got back together briefly but it didnt work out..
    But I really love him like a brother, you know your brother gets on your nerves but you still care for their wellfair even if they make useless daddys and tick you off or repulse you lol I wish him well and happiness just not with me lol
    I don't hate my ex; I want nothing to do with him and I fear the evil he can still inflict. He made my life miserable for over 10 years and I had a reprieve until he got his hands on our son and turned him against me. Some exes are assholes; some exes are cool; some exes are just not around and then there are exes who relish in causing pain at any cost, just for kicks. Now he's ruining my son's life. I wouldn't use him as a punching bag because I would wind up with the black eye. It was one of the worst choices I have ever made in my life. And people want to know why I haven't dated after all this time; I have no illusions that I could figure out who is a good guy and who is a psychopath. And you don't need to explain why you feel for your ex - it is perfectly normal. I am sincerely glad that you do not have this experience; no one should.
    Im sorry for your experience and I hope it does not put you off finding the love of your life, remember if your on fire hes most of the time the right one its about chemistry. As for my ex I dont hate him its not like he is a killer or involved as such scum then I have no reason to like or have anything to do with such one
  • marilormarilor Posts: 618
    To njnancy : No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
    Sorry for your "bad" choice in the past, it reminds me some of mine...
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    17 days off from work starts in 8 hours, 10 minutes! :D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    I wish I could automatically reject stupid people...but i have to give everybody 'a fair chance'... *sigh*

- Christopher McCandless
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    RKCNDY said:

I wish I could automatically reject stupid people...but i have to give everybody 'a fair chance'... *sigh*

It is hard to know who you can trust nowadays that's for sure....

:(

RKCNDY said:

for sure! people are pretty good at 'faking it'. Right now I'm interviewing potential renters, and some people are just unbelievable...makes me wonder how they hold a job. image

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

for sure! people are pretty good at 'faking it'. Right now I'm interviewing potential renters, and some people are just unbelievable...makes me wonder how they hold a job. image
    Well hopefully it will work out better with the next one. I got stiffed before by a renter and after trying to reason, etc....including reasonable payment plan offer, heard every excuse in the book and had, had enough and went and filed for a summary judgement.

Well hopefully it will work out better with the next one. I got stiffed before by a renter and after trying to reason, etc....including reasonable payment plan offer, heard every excuse in the book and had, had enough and went and filed for a summary judgement.

tell me more about this 'summary judgement'...our last renter skipped out on rent and utility bills...

- Christopher McCandless
    In civil court you file a motion of summary judgement, you should be able to get the appropriate forms at your court house or call court administration to ask where they are available, then fill them out and attach copies of the lease agreement, then file, check to see if you can include the filing fees to included in the summary judgement, then your former renter will have x number of days, if they don't answer with a formal answer, or show up in court, you win.
    Forgot to tell you attach copies of the utilities bills too, the former renter will have to provide proof that they paid such as cancelled checks , receipts, etc... which I doubt they will have

In civil court you file a motion of summary judgement, you should be able to get the appropriate forms at your court house or call court administration to ask where they are available, then fill them out and attach copies of the lease agreement, then file, check to see if you can include the filing fees to included in the summary judgement, then your former renter will have x number of days, if they don't answer with a formal answer, or show up in court, you win.

lovely! I know the rental agreement says his is responsible for lawyer/court fees

- Christopher McCandless
    Perfect! Hope that helped!

Perfect! Hope that helped!

- Christopher McCandless
    :)>-
    Just turned radio on as everyone is awake now and am going fishing later, hopefully catch something then have a beer then destress and then sleep :)
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    JWPearl said:

Just turned radio on as everyone is awake now and am going fishing later, hopefully catch something then have a beer then destress and then sleep :)

That sounds nice..as I walked to the bus I could feel the weather would be sunny and warm today, well I'm going to be stuck 2 floors down today (where I work,)..have a nice day everyone :-h
    I have to go home tomorrow and find that old quilt, I quite loved that..
    JWPearl said:

I have to go home tomorrow and find that old quilt, I quite loved that..

There is something comforting about old quilts, I had one that my grandmother made for me, then it got lost .