Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    me right now want to do it again!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Ralph Macchio is more attractive now than when he was in Karate Kid. Ooolala!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    How can I have put sooooo much weight on. Maybe all my clothes have just shrunk!

:( is my favourite clanger turning into a flump :o
  • Options
    a first - thanksgiving just me and hubby, solo. i am sure we can make it special, and it is bound to happen more and more as we now age, given life circumstance, etc. but sure, right now...a bit bummed. may have my mom with us - but she may well go to my oldest sister and her grandkids (damn lure of grandkids! ;))...the sister we usually get together with, along with mom, has decided to take a trip instead...so it may well be 'just us'....life is full of change........
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    GO VOTE!
    :thumbup:

and yes, i can't wait to get the flock outta here..... :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    a first - thanksgiving just me and hubby, solo. i am sure we can make it special, and it is bound to happen more and more as we now age, given life circumstance, etc. but sure, right now...a bit bummed. may have my mom with us - but she may well go to my oldest sister and her grandkids (damn lure of grandkids! ;))...the sister we usually get together with, along with mom, has decided to take a trip instead...so it may well be 'just us'....life is full of change........
    oh- my kids were so mad I was gone for Halloween seeing PJ and have told me they will disown me if i don't cook for Thanksgiving- I would love to have this year off- maybe find a concert to travel to or take a little road trip with hubby- I envy you decides2dream
    the whole Turkeyday has never been really my thing- smells good but so much clean up! So much work then I pretty much turn around and everybodys done eating. I know the family thing etc but really would like a year off.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Ralph Macchio is more attractive now than when he was in Karate Kid. Ooolala!

I agree! saw him interviewed on the Today show yesterday. Is he getting back into acting in movies?--didn't pay too close attention to the interview. saw them say something about him being in an Ugly Betty episode.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    why do I hear 3 or 4 loud as sonic booms every day now????
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    pink London boots... :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pink London boots... :D

i happen to like pink... ;)
    and dark orange(Berlin) is a great color too~!!!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Going to look at another beautiful apartment... ;):mrgreen: please let me get it??? :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292

Or... you can pick up some random strangers from the street, to make a crowd.
    ;)
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    pandora wrote:
    oh- my kids were so mad I was gone for Halloween seeing PJ and have told me they will disown me if i don't cook for Thanksgiving- I would love to have this year off- maybe find a concert to travel to or take a little road trip with hubby- I envy you decides2dream
    the whole Turkeyday has never been really my thing- smells good but so much clean up! So much work then I pretty much turn around and everybodys done eating. I know the family thing etc but really would like a year off.

well you'd envy my thanksgivings always then. ;)
    i have never, nor will i ever, be cooking thanksgiving dinner; i simply do not cook tho my husband does, and quite well. all these years i've gone to either sister's house, and the past feew years - now that our immediate family is so small - we've been going out to restaurants for the holiday. it really has been lovely. me and my closest sister are both child-free, so we've been having very adult/mellow holidays ever since we stopped trekking to jersey to my one sister with kids. and hey, i too would LOVE to travel for somewhere, it's simply impossible for my husband to ever get time off around the holiday. hell, if he could...we'd be going to oz for pj as i "almost" was going to do solo. so yea, we pretty much have to stay put for holidays due to his job. it's fine, but yea...it's nice to get together for the holidays b/c it's the few times a year that we do. c'est la vie...

-Buru wrote:
    Or... you can pick up some random strangers from the street, to make a crowd.
    ;)

closest that's gonna happen....is join another party in whatever restaurant - if ultimately we decide to go out and not cocoon home for the holiday ...:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    My toes are cold again.
  • Options
    oh a cooking husband- can't get better than that
    love to watch a man cook
    so much so going to see Guy Fieri on his road trip her in Atlanta
    he's the man
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Worryingly my mind is a blank as usual. Just sitting here dribbling on the keyboard. :crazy:
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    love to watch a man cook
    he's the man

:mrgreen:
    it is VERY sexy...;)
    that and seeing those rare occasions when he cleans the bathroom... :lol:

i was just looking forward to being with my family, we haven't all gotten together - and it's only 5 of us, local! - since mother's day! sure, i've seen my mom, my sister, on their own numerous times...but ALL of us, husbands included, together...just hasn't happened. eh well. we still have christmas. :mrgreen:

seriously, if *I* could take a trip with my own husband...i'd love it! however, besides the bvery real issue of him not being able to get the time off for the holiday...i just came back from 2 shows in philly...we just bought a very pricey new imac...so yes, just as well decided against me going to oz for my bday pj show. :oops: we DO have the week after turkey day off together...but simply plan on getting everything done for christmas...get our tree!...etc.

life is change!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    pandora wrote:
    love to watch a man cook
    he's the man

it is VERY sexy...;)
    that and seeing those rare occasions when he cleans the bathroom... :lol:

i was just looking forward to being with my family, we haven't all gotten together - and it's only 5 of us, local! - since mother's day! sure, i've seen my mom, my sister, on their own numerous times...but ALL of us, husbands included, together...just hasn't happened. eh well. we still have christmas. :mrgreen:

seriously, if *I* could take a trip with my own husband...i'd love it! however, besides the bvery real issue of him not being able to get the time off for the holiday...i just came back from 2 shows in philly...we just bought a very pricey new imac...so yes, just as well decided against me going to oz for my bday pj show. :oops: we DO have the week after turkey day off together...but simply plan on getting everything done for christmas...get our tree!...etc.

life is change!
    I'm in the same boat- we own a business hard to get hubby out of town or just home!- seriously thinking of running away someday if I have to and see PJ alone if it means more often.
    Wish you could go to oz for your b-day- being responsible is a bitch. I don't know about you but the just coming back from the shows in Philly makes it worse- just want more. This will pass though- then I'll be waiting for the next tour. And I'm seeing 4 in a row at least even if it is alone
  • Options
    poutanes :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I think my old boss is going to ask around to see what he can do to get me a job at his new place. At least he'll be available for an onsite reference. Please please please pretty please let the stars be in alignment on this one!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Career stuff. Been at the same place in the same position for over 5 years now. Would like to make a change, but hard to get hired somewhere now. So I guess I will wait it out. I am lucky to have my job. I am well paid and respected, but I get bored easy.

Ms. Haiku - I love your avatar. I have a Boston myself. His name is PJ. He is a great dog!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I think my old boss is going to ask around to see what he can do to get me a job at his new place. At least he'll be available for an onsite reference. Please please please pretty please let the stars be in alignment on this one!
    I really believe in the stars- catch alot of flack for that- us aquarians- the ones i know personally are having a very unusual year
    hope you have good fortune in your stars now
  • Options
    poutanes :lol::lol:

LMAO I JUST LOOKED THAT UP..YOU BAD BOY :o:o:o:o:o:o:o
    what would the world be without bad boys :twisted: ;)
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    I'm in the same boat- we own a business hard to get hubby out of town or just home!- seriously thinking of running away someday if I have to and see PJ alone if it means more often.
    Wish you could go to oz for your b-day- being responsible is a bitch. I don't know about you but the just coming back from the shows in Philly makes it worse- just want more. This will pass though- then I'll be waiting for the next tour. And I'm seeing 4 in a row at least even if it is alone

ain't that the truth!
    :evil:
    :lol:
    seriously, i had the green light, but i realized....it was selfish of me to go to oz sans hubby. and believe me, i have travelled a lot, and been to many shows all over - different countries, etc - sans hubby....so it's not just that. it really is b/c it's oz. is such a dream for us BOTH. and the kicker is - hubby gets oodles of vacation time, it's just impossible around holidays, and it's also quite difficult for him to do spur of the moment, etc.

and yes...ahhhhhh philly! what a weekend!
    also realize, you are never alone at a pj show!
    (and yes, hubby stayed home..i went with friends)

right now....i want lunch....and it's only noon! i usually wait until 2. damn, i think that was also the initial start of this thread... :mrgreen:

*pulls kashi granola bar out of desk*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Career stuff. Been at the same place in the same position for over 5 years now. Would like to make a change, but hard to get hired somewhere now. So I guess I will wait it out. I am lucky to have my job. I am well paid and respected, but I get bored easy.
    Ms. Haiku - I love your avatar. I have a Boston myself. His name is PJ. He is a great dog!

again, ain't that the truth!
    i have come to realize, even doing jobs i was truly passionate about, loved...still get bored, still get burned out. so then, especially nowadays....well paid AND respected? there's a lot to be said for that. definitely lucky, enjoy what you have...

ms. haiku - i shall keep my fingers crossed for you - you deserve this break!

i've never stayed longer than 7 years in any one place, and less than that is more my norm. i am actually hoping to improve those #s....gettin' old, ya know... :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I OPENED A BOTLE OF WINE TO HAVE A SMALL GLASS AS I COOKED DINNER FOR THE BOYS AND MYSELF..JUST LOOKED AT THE BOTTLE NOT MUCH LEFT AND ITS NOT EVEN 5PM...HELP :mrgreen: