what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    I hope he's right and I hope you get some sleep. I've been spending several sleepless nights worrying about my teenage son's anxiety about school.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    shit,i forget print stats at home..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    hahaha...unreall..i was watching tv here in Greece and they was talking about someone court gave him 15 years in prison and the show the footage from the transfer to jail..and was a policeman,there was lkinda undercover team,no uniforms was doing the transfer and one of them,wear pj20 shirt!!!! :shock: ..who the fuck was that.. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    hahaha...unreall..i was watching tv here in Greece and they was talking about someone court gave him 15 years in prison and the show the footage from the transfer to jail..and was a policeman,there was lkinda undercover team,no uniforms was doing the transfer and one of them,wear pj20 shirt!!!! :shock: ..who the fuck was that.. :lol:
    :lol::lol:8-)
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • things are finally stsrting to look up.
    such a shame....seems not worth it.....
  • such a shame....seems not worth it.....
    hope everything is ok..
  • zagizagi Posts: 414
    just breathe
    it just started playing on some random radio. makes me :D
    autoi oi malakes de vazoun mualo
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

I was just thinking that too...

:mrgreen:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I was just thinking that too...

:mrgreen:
    im sure you did,,we talked about it alot of times
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    French Toast
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Had my 2nd interview this morning...things are looking REALLY good! :mrgreen: I'll know by tomorrow if I get the job! Only problem is they'd want me to start on Monday. Not sure I want to fuck my current company that badly :?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,391
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Had my 2nd interview this morning...things are looking REALLY good! :mrgreen: I'll know by tomorrow if I get the job! Only problem is they'd want me to start on Monday. Not sure I want to fuck my current company that badly :?
    Dont burn your bridges.
    The new company cant wait a week?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:

two weeks...always.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

two weeks...always.

two weeks from next Tuesday, of course
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

two weeks...always.

two weeks from next Tuesday, of course

that goes without saying
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    just read one of the funniest yet saddest posts ever :(

not funny haha....tho. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Dont burn your bridges.

Believe me I don't want to. I know that they definitely can't wait two weeks, I'll see if I can negotiate one week with them and make myself available to my current boss on nights/weekends for a bit after if need be. Does that sound reasonable?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,391
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Dont burn your bridges.

Believe me I don't want to. I know that they definitely can't wait two weeks, I'll see if I can negotiate one week with them and make myself available to my current boss on nights/weekends for a bit after if need be. Does that sound reasonable?
    Sounds good to me.

Fuck work..
    :P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Sounds good to me.

Fuck work..

:lol::lol: Thanks! I would miss everyone here tho!!! :(
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Dont burn your bridges.

First..Congrats! We can celebrate this weekend! :mrgreen:
    Sounds like a reasonable plan...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Dont burn your bridges.

sounds fishy. i dunno....to me a company that knows you have a job, knows standard procedure is two weeks....shouldn't have an issue with that if they think you are the right person for the job. for them to tell you that you have the job on a thursday and to want you to start the following monday knowing you have a current job....seems a litte strange, imo. would they want their employee's to pull that move on them?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Sounds good to me.

Fuck work..

Why?
    afroannnie wrote:

Thanks hun!!! And I can't wait!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    81 wrote:
    sounds fishy. i dunno....to me a company that knows you have a job, knows standard procedure is two weeks....shouldn't have an issue with that if they think you are the right person for the job. for them to tell you that you have the job on a thursday and to want you to start the following monday knowing you have a current job....seems a litte strange, imo. would they want their employee's to pull that move on them?

Well it's interesting. I interviewed with 3 people and 2 of them said the same thing - that they would expect a notice from their employees so they expect me to do that as well. The woman I would be working directly for, however, is a straight shooter with me. She's wanted to hire me for years and is just being blunt. Obviously she would give me the 2 weeks, but she's been interviewing quite a few other people and if she finds a candidate that would be similar to me in experience, etc., she is going to take the person that can start as quickly as possible. I appreciate her honesty, you know?
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Congrats mamasan, I hope you'll get what you want. I agree with 81 too, though. When my colleague left the team last year, she left after a month (we have to give a 3-months notice when we leave), and it was quite hard to find a replacement for her that fast and also make sure all the projects still went smoothly... Maybe you can talk to one of your future work mates to see if rushing is normal there ...

Fingers crossed all goes well for you!
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Sounds good to me.

Fuck work..

Why?

Well clearly not you.

:wave:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Thanks hun!!! And I can't wait!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    81 wrote:

Well it's interesting. I interviewed with 3 people and 2 of them said the same thing - that they would expect a notice from their employees so they expect me to do that as well. The woman I would be working directly for, however, is a straight shooter with me. She's wanted to hire me for years and is just being blunt. Obviously she would give me the 2 weeks, but she's been interviewing quite a few other people and if she finds a candidate that would be similar to me in experience, etc., she is going to take the person that can start as quickly as possible. I appreciate her honesty, you know?

Have to be careful about this. How you handle it may set a precedent for other things if you take the job. If you give in too easily she may think you are a pushover, if you stand your ground, then she may respect you for it.

It may be a test!
    tell her you'll start Monday for more money and vacation days.
    Mamasan23 wrote:

that makes less sense than. if she has wanted to hire you for years, what's anouther two weeks. [will shrug]

do what you think is best for you.

if i'm reading it right, wasn't the job just listed last thursday? :corn: :lol::lol::lol:

good luck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg