Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Meg8686 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Going to to the Henry Rollins / Damien Echols conversation in NYC tonight...hope i don't get stuck in city because of the weather!
    I have the Henry Rollins Rise Above cd that raised money for DNA research, my Pearl Jam disc for (Army Reserve lyric page) and my WM3 Boston shirt (Love the rising Phoenix). Damien will sign his book and maybe one other thing...

Wow, I can't believe he is finally free. I have followed his story for years, We even threw a Benefit to raise money in the UK. So surreal to read that you'll see him later. Amazing stuff.

Although I love my WM3 shirt, if he signs it I will probably not wear it again. If I can get get Henry to sign his disc then I'll go that way, but I think I would like the Army Reserve lyric page signed :) Now I need a silver ink pen so it will show up on a black page.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Going to to the Henry Rollins / Damien Echols conversation in NYC tonight...hope i don't get stuck in city because of the weather!
    I have the Henry Rollins Rise Above cd that raised money for DNA research, my Pearl Jam disc for (Army Reserve lyric page) and my WM3 Boston shirt (Love the rising Phoenix). Damien will sign his book and maybe one other thing...
    You are so lucky! I wanted to go to this, but I have to work and would not get there in time. :x Enjoy and let us know how it was, please. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
    i miss Tom
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mikalina wrote:
    OHIO !!!! :thumbup:

bless my home state. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i miss Tom
    He'll be back. ;)
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    good thing is that all the political ads will stop

bad thing is now all the holiday ads will ramp up
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

House around the corner was putting up their Christmas decorations yesterday. :?
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
    i miss Tom
    He'll be back. ;)
    :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    don't ask a question if you know you won't like the answer
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

House around the corner was putting up their Christmas decorations yesterday. :?
    :? :fp:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    MV5BMTQ5MzM4NTc1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE1NjkxMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

^^What happened to these quotes? Have you been drinking? :lol:

Hey... keep it down
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    shame the asshole thread was locked. now where do i record my entries. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    time to drive the caddy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    I'm so pissed right now...we just had some layoffs at work and two of the best employees my company had were let go. :evil: :evil: :cry::cry:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'm so pissed right now...we just had some layoffs at work and two of the best employees my company had were let go. :evil: :evil: :cry::cry:

why do they always let the good ones go? :(

(oh yeah, it's because the new crappy workers get paid less :roll: )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

sorry to hear that....seems to be alot of layoffs going around right now. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:

Weird because quite a few big companies up here are hiring. Mine being one of them
  • Options
    81 wrote:

yep
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I know..it just boggles the mind. :cry::cry:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    so upset that me trying to wear heels to work today failed miserably after only an hour :x
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

i've been inside alot of planning meetings related to layoffs....and pay is very rarely brought up. it's been my expierinece that they try to keep the best employee's, but sometimes due to circumstances it doesn't work out.

obviously, my expiernce doesn't represent everyones.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Thanks. It really does seem to be going around right now. Damn it, this sucks...not only are they really freakin' great at their jobs, they are nice, and easy to work with. :cry::cry:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    so upset that me trying to wear heels to work today failed miserably after only an hour :x

Damn heels - I want heels and comfort, is that too much to ask !!!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i've been inside alot of planning meetings related to layoffs....and pay is very rarely brought up. it's been my expierinece that they try to keep the best employee's, but sometimes due to circumstances it doesn't work out.

obviously, my expiernce doesn't represent everyones.

I dunno, seems like they take forever to get rid of some people that *need* to be fired (i.e. stealing, turning in false time cards, lying, never pulling their weight). Then, they are quick to get rid of the best ones. (those cases were offices filled with women, and they are vicious! they got rid of people just because they don't like them)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I dunno, seems like they take forever to get rid of some people that *need* to be fired (i.e. stealing, turning in false time cards, lying, never pulling their weight). Then, they are quick to get rid of the best ones. (those cases were offices filled with women, and they are vicious! they got rid of people just because they don't like them)

being liked/popular defiantly helps you stick around....when it comes down to a group of 3 people that all do the same job, it's a lot easier to get rid of the person you don't like, assuming performce is generally equal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

being liked/popular defiantly helps you stick around....when it comes down to a group of 3 people that all do the same job, it's a lot easier to get rid of the person you don't like, assuming performce is generally equal.

:( sucks for me...I don't play all those snarky gossipy games, so I'm not well liked. :x

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    game playing is bad...be jovial. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

they don't like my sense of humor...I gotta fix that.

"work humor"

vs

"*real* humor"

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

they don't like my sense of humor...I gotta fix that.

"work humor"

vs

"*real* humor"

when in doubt, ask yourself, what would 81 say...then say it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg