what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    conman wrote:
    philly sounds good.. i might be there 8-)
    yes, but where are you now?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Caveeze wrote:
    conman wrote:
    i'm in prague right now, almost ready to go to the pj show... i leave for berlin tomorrow
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    conman wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    conman wrote:
    i'm in prague right now, almost ready to go to the pj show... i leave for berlin tomorrow
    Have fun man!! see you soon!! :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    conman wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    conman wrote:

niiiiiiiice!!! very jealous...have a great time!! I think there should be a Philly meet up soon, once all you lucky bastards get back from Europe!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    niiiiiiiice!!! very jealous...have a great time!! I think there should be a Philly meet up soon, once all you lucky bastards get back from Europe!!
    sign me up!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408

thanks...it probably wouldn't bother me as much, but the same thing happened when I moved to CA a few years back and I was hoping this move would be a smoother transition!! I've gone on meetup.com and tried to find some groups with similar interests, but there aren't any groups within 30-45 minutes of me unless I want to Zumba or read the bible. I don't. LOL!!!

Oh! :D

I've just noticed (because I've moved across the country four times now) that there's a really consistant time frame for getting settled into a new place.

The first two years on the job people are friendly but distant. By the third year, people start to pull you into their social groups and by the fourth year, you're totally in there. As far as the larger town community, it takes about seven to ten years to really know a lot of people. For example, the teachers at the local schools and other moms or people in your neighborhood. The first few years, people treat you distantly. Not unkind, but not closely either.

So, the gist of this timeline detail is to say: give it another year and things will look up!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    justam wrote:

thanks...it probably wouldn't bother me as much, but the same thing happened when I moved to CA a few years back and I was hoping this move would be a smoother transition!! I've gone on meetup.com and tried to find some groups with similar interests, but there aren't any groups within 30-45 minutes of me unless I want to Zumba or read the bible. I don't. LOL!!!

Oh! :D

I've just noticed (because I've moved across the country four times now) that there's a really consistant time frame for getting settled into a new place.

The first two years on the job people are friendly but distant. By the third year, people start to pull you into their social groups and by the fourth year, you're totally in there. As far as the larger town community, it takes about seven to ten years to really know a lot of people. For example, the teachers at the local schools and other moms or people in your neighborhood. The first few years, people treat you distantly. Not unkind, but not closely either.

So, the gist of this timeline detail is to say: give it another year and things will look up!

you're awesome!! thanks for this...you've definitely made me feel better :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    You're welcome! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Sun is shinning, beer is cold, the Ipod is charged, another GREAT day of dock tanning lakeside ahead!! I love long weekends!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Sun is shinning, beer is cold, the Ipod is charged, another GREAT day of dock tanning lakeside ahead!! I love long weekends!
    You're making me think of skipping out of work today and head back to the beach.
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    You're making me think of skipping out of work today and head back to the beach.

Isn't Peer Pressure wonderful!!??
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:

Isn't Peer Pressure wonderful!!??

Damn you! :lol:
  • The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    When's spring coming? I hate winter....brrrrrr :roll:
    Wednesday :mrgreen: and then Friday :mrgreen:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206

:mrgreen: I'm happy for you - for whatever you're up too....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Plenty of sunscreen.... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    A 12 pack of Harpoon
    mikalina wrote:

:mrgreen: I'm happy for you - for whatever you're up too....

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    All this early day talk about the HOF makes me want to drive to Cooperstown. :fp:
    why is it that how I wear my hair is so damn important to people.? It's my hair...get over it people :x
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    LinkedIn??? ARE YOU SERIOUS???? :evil: :evil: :evil:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Need. More. Coffee.
    **yawn**
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

Endorphins are great. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    please don't read anything into it
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    justam wrote:

OMG, I LOVE endorphins
    rollings wrote:
    justam wrote:

OMG, I LOVE endorphins

I think everybody does. :lol:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    why is it that how I wear my hair is so damn important to people.? It's my hair...get over it people :x

I am sure you are looking good, they're jealous :mrgreen:
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Just my two cents...don't wear it like that.
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    DS1119 wrote:

Just my two cents...don't wear it like that.

See, he's jelly......
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I hope all good there.here i have on mind.of my girl .. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”