Is Paul Stanley dissing Ed?

2»

Comments

• MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVUpGDMVvzo

I think he is talking about this guy ...

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    loki34 wrote:

Chiiile, please. Yes people, this vague reference "to a guy onstage by himself with a guitar" is an obvious reference to Ed Vedder, because as we all know, Vedder is the only person in the history of rock and roll to do that.

I've been a Kiss audio/video collector for years, and much of it is older than I am. I can tell you that Kiss have been saying since the 70's that when you buy a Kiss ticket, you are paying to see more than some scruffy guy alone onstage wearing jeans playing an acoustic guitar. If you can reference a Vedder solo show from that time, then maybe I'll give you the benefit of assumption.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • goatgoat Posts: 90
    I paid $67 to see Ed play guitar on an oriental rug in a theater that seats 1915 people. I’d rather do that than sit in the crappy $15 seats in a 15,000 seat arena. If I want fireworks I’ll hang out at seaworld at night. I go to a show to hear good music not watch hairy senior citizen prance around in spandex and dodge flash pots. I did see KISS and Ted Nugent at the Sports Arena about 10 years ago but that was because I never got to see them when I was a kid. Two way different bands with way different concert experiences.
    San Diego 10/25/00, 6/5/03, 7/7/06, 10/9/09, 11/21/13 LA 10/1/09, 11/23/13 VH1 Rock Honors 7/17/08, Hawaii 12/9/06 Bridge School 10/23/10, 10/23/11 EV 4/15/08, 4/16/08, 7/5/11, 7/8/11
    If you think Kiss are only about spandex and flashpots, you don't really get it. It's about celebrating life, about being alive, you want more, you don't really get enough. It's a state of mind. The belief that you can make it, that you can climb any mountain or succeed at anything you choose. Maybe some find that corny, but those are usually just bitter, victimized, unsatisfied people. Some guy heard "overcharging for a guy alone with a guitar" and immediately assumed that Stanley was talking about about Vedder. Freud, anyone? Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I give you Exhibit #1.

What can get better than celebrating a Friday night? if you can get that premise, you get Kiss. If you don't, that's ok too, because life and rock and roll move on anyways.
  • kiss rules.. they can do whatever the hell they want.
  • fanch75 wrote:
    If you think Kiss are only about spandex and flashpots, you don't really get it. It's about celebrating life, about being alive, you want more, you don't really get enough. It's a state of mind. The belief that you can make it, that you can climb any mountain or succeed at anything you choose. Maybe some find that corny, but those are usually just bitter, victimized, unsatisfied people. Some guy heard "overcharging for a guy alone with a guitar" and immediately assumed that Stanley was talking about about Vedder. Freud, anyone? Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I give you Exhibit #1.

What can get better than celebrating a Friday night? if you can get that premise, you get Kiss. If you don't, that's ok too, because life and rock and roll move on anyways.

What he is saying is true. I'm no huge KISS lover, but they have their purpose in R&R history. If you look at the R&R timeline, every act has it's moment and feeds into the next genre, for better or worse. That's just R&R.

Didn't Cobain once see Cheap Trick live at like age 13 and decide at that moment he 'wanted to be Cheap Trick'??

8-)
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • googoo Posts: 226
    seriously. some of you act as if Eddie invented the idea of sitting alone on a stage with a guitar on a rug. so what if Paul WAS taking a jab at Eddie?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    who cares.

i saw kiss back in 2000 via free radio station tickets.

if i had the choice, i would choose a PJ show, however, the kiss show was fun. i'm guessing back in the 70's they would been sick to see and i bet if you born back then there is a good chance you would be part of the army.

different strokes for different folks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Comparing KISS and Pearl Jam is like comparing the Grand Canyon and Disneyland.

Disneyland is kind of a mindless, fun place for to escape reality and spend a day living in a fantasy world of flying elephants and talking mice.

The Grand Canyon is an amazing, natural phenomenon that takes your breath away when you look at it and ponder how insignificant your existence is compared to the millions of years it took to produce something like that.

For me Pearl Jam is the Grand Canyon...but I still like going to Disneyland once in a while.
    :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
    Comparing KISS and Pearl Jam is like comparing the Grand Canyon and Disneyland.

Disneyland is kind of a mindless, fun place for to escape reality and spend a day living in a fantasy world of flying elephants and talking mice.

The Grand Canyon is an amazing, natural phenomenon that takes your breath away when you look at it and ponder how insignificant your existence is compared to the millions of years it took to produce something like that.

For me Pearl Jam is the Grand Canyon...but I still like going to Disneyland once in a while.
    :)

Thank you! What a great, well-reasoned post.

You have people who get on a roller coaster and enjoy it for what it is, a thrilling experience. Then you have other folks who probably get on a coaster and are all distraught over "What does it all mean!?!?" instead of just enjoying it.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    That's an awful stretch to think Paul Stanley is "dissing" Ed. I think you're just looking for reasons to be pissed off now.
    He played on that carpet.......so I'm thinking paul and Mike are fkn w ed as a joke....all knowing one is a show and the other a musical concert.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    That's an awful stretch to think Paul Stanley is "dissing" Ed. I think you're just looking for reasons to be pissed off now.
    He played on that carpet.......so I'm thinking paul and Mike are fkn w ed as a joke....all knowing one is a show and the other a musical concert.

Don't tell the Jamily that...they'll get way upset.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Ehhhh... yeah, NONE of you were Kiss fans when you were kids. lol.
    :roll:

Kiss are pioneers... so is Pearl Jam.
    fanch75 wrote:

Right on, dude.
  • fanch75 wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:

Right on, dude.

What an odd response to your own post.
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    4 words: Music From the Elder

I'll give them one thing -- they are great showmen and great at prying money out of their fans hands.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...