Is Paul Stanley dissing Ed?

loki34loki34 Posts: 111
edited November 2009 in The Porch
"Billy Joel, Dave Matthews and Bon Jovi, who the f**k starts these rumors. And we don't need those f**ckin guy cause you got me!" EV Philly 4
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• edited September 2009
    fuck paul stanley

p.s. I didn't watch yer video, Paul Stanley is just a doofus
    Post edited by Snoopy Died For Our Sins on
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Maybe you should email him too.
  • That's an awful stretch to think Paul Stanley is "dissing" Ed. I think you're just looking for reasons to be pissed off now.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    more importantly...why are you watching a video about Kiss?
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I want to rock and roll all night, and part of every day.
  • well....looking at a KISS show, and looking at a Pearl Jam show...I think it's pretty clear that these bands have different viewpoints as to what makes an amazing concert.

So, even though I don't think he was directly refering Pearl Jam, it wouldn't matter either way.

It's like an orange dissing an apple because it doesn't taste citrusy.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    That's an awful stretch to think Paul Stanley is "dissing" Ed. I think you're just looking for reasons to be pissed off now.
    exactly.

But when I saw ed in chicago he was wearing some nice looking true religion jeans... ;)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    norm wrote:

lol
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • norm wrote:

LOL. I just told a girl at work about that story from Benaroya this afternoon!! Too funny!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • When your music is as terrible as Kiss', you better dress up like alien disco clowns and set off fireworks and crap.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • I reluctantly watched that video, and nowhere does he mention anything about Ed or Pearl Jam. It's a very vague reference at best.

However, he shows his ignorance by saying that watching someone on an acoustic guitar isn't worth watching. I personally think that KISS isn't worth the $20 tickets they are selling on this tour. I probably wouldn't go if they paid ME.

Cock rock at its worst.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • TACTAC Posts: 52
    Honestly who gives a shit if Stanley is talking about Vedder. Not going to stop me from listening to PJ....
    Does it really matter at all :?:
  • i dont think its about ed specifically. The current big thing, is the sensitive singer songwriter. The Bon Ivers, Iron and Wine's, Bright Eyes, Jose Gonzalez, Josh Radin's etc... of the world. Its the new thing, the big thing.
  • I think Paul is pissed because "sonic boom" has leaked, yea LEAKED

Are they gonna lock this now? :roll:
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• From Liam Finn's bio in the Sniper programs for Ed's solo show:

"Yet, instead of becoming your average, run of the mill, lonesome and boring as hell solo artist, Liam decided to become his own band."

Keep in mind that this is in a program for a solo performance by Ed where it is just him and a guitar for 2 hours. I always found it to be an ironic entry to the program. Anyway, I don't think this is a dig at Eddie, so quit assuming things where they aren't.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I can't speak for anyone, except myself... but, i buy concert tickets because i like the music coming from the stage.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • i dont think its about ed specifically. The current big thing, is the sensitive singer songwriter. The Bon Ivers, Iron and Wine's, Bright Eyes, Jose Gonzalez, Josh Radin's etc... of the world. Its the new thing, the big thing.

Yep and the Brett Dennen's and Ray Lamontagne's. Ugh!
    NERDS!
  • Paul Stanley wouldn't know good musicianship if it slapped him in his ugly face.
  • loki34 wrote:

I read Paul Stanley and couldn't be bothered to check out the video.

Who cares what he thinks and who he dissed.

It's Paul Stanley.

Of Kiss.
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Fuck that shit band. All their fireworks are just to distract the viewer from being able to realize how bad their music is. That crap is so cheese.

KISS SSUCKS
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    i dont think its about ed specifically. The current big thing, is the sensitive singer songwriter. The Bon Ivers, Iron and Wine's, Bright Eyes, Jose Gonzalez, Josh Radin's etc... of the world. Its the new thing, the big thing.

Yep and the Brett Dennen's and Ray Lamontagne's. Ugh!
    Yeah.. but, compare the costs of their tickets to KIZZ' tickets.
    Eddie Vedder's solos were in the 80's... I went to see Eddie. I'm not going to see KIZZ.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • loki34loki34 Posts: 111
    A person that I called a friend emailed this to me with the comment that he is ragging on your boy Ed. The only good thing to come from Kiss was Ace.
    "Billy Joel, Dave Matthews and Bon Jovi, who the f**k starts these rumors. And we don't need those f**ckin guy cause you got me!" EV Philly 4
  • loki34 wrote:
    A person that I called a friend emailed this to me with the comment that he is ragging on your boy Ed. The only good thing to come from Kiss was Ace.

Um.........

have you listened to 'Two Sides of the Coin?' :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    loki34 wrote:

Didn't you immediately shout "Nobody fucking rags about my boy Ed!" and kick him in the ass?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • He he he THIS was a fun read! :D To echo others, KISS sucks, Paul Stanley's a doofus and they totally need all that blood and fire to distract you from their shitty, shitty music ;)

It was really surreal last year when Ace (think it was Ace, someone from KISS) came out and played a song with Pearl Jam at MSG. I didn't dream that right? That actually happened? Cause I still can't quite believe it! :p Well, Mike seemed to be happy about it sooooo good for Mikey :p For me it was the worst moment at a PJ show I've ever witnessed. Small price to pay though for my favorite band ;)
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • Paul Stanley = Douche
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • loki34 wrote:

Um.........

have you listened to 'Two Sides of the Coin?' :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Two Sides Of The Coin is a great song. Slightly weird lyrics I grant you, but it's a good tune. I agree Frehley was the best thing about KISS. Have to say in the late 70's they were a pretty exciting band, should of stopped after Unmasked though, as they never released another half decent record after that
  • loki34 wrote:

I don't think he was talking about anyone in particular. But it's interesting that as soon as he mentioned overpriced ticket prices for a guy with an acoustic guitar, you immediately thought of Eddie.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    is it just me or did the songs playing in the background of the interview have a similar sound to Even flow?

i remember there was some sort of thing with Gene Simmons and pearl jam. i think he mentioned them in one of his failed solo albums with some not so favorable lyrics.

as for Ace, unless something crazy has changed, remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Y2cEZ3kLQ
  • He could be referring to anyone who plays acoustic..
    Neil
    CSN and somtimes Y
    The Boss
    PJ
    EV
    The BlackCrowes
    and on and on..
    Anyway Kiss has to blow it up becuase there songs are only about T&A,no real substance so the fireworks and blood are the substance...Kiss had the day, they are far past it...they don't hold a candle to anyone who is close to there age (Neil or the Boss)..

Edit..I forgot about Ace joining them on stage...and Since Paul and Gene are pissed at Ace I would think this pissed them off even more :)

Sadly we're doing exactly what they want, any press is good press for Kiss..
    FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
    http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca