anyone in NZ and AUS received their BS Vinyl?

13»

Comments

• Got my vinyl last week.
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    i actually bought mine off trademe for $32 so im happy, 10c takes waaaaaaaaaay too long to send things this way, well thats my experience anyway. so if its available elsewhere for a reasonable price im there.

I saw that on there and thought it was very reasonable... mine was $37 from RG which I thought was sweet as. But also have seen some dork relisting and relisting No Code on TM for $150 - glad no one has taken him up on his/her greedy offer. Even though its a fuckin rad album no doubt, some people just seem to be in it for the money... (yea yea I hear you already saying 'and what's wrong with that', well, nothing, I just like seeing these things sold to people who appreciate for a reasonable price.)

Ok rant over, now dont let me start on the sheer awesomeness that is Johnny Guitar or we'll be here for a looong time

nice to know there are other vinyl appreciators in NZ!
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    Got my Backspacer LP on Monday in Perth. :D
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i wish i had vs on vinyl... and avocado... and into the wild...
    I hope you keep an eye on trademe then, Ms pony, cause I have seen Vs on there not so long ago.

I had to limit myself to just studio albums on vinyl in the end cause I wanted em all, everything I could get...had to stop the madness somehow, so only studios for me. Luckily for me when I left home at 15 I only had a vinyl player so got every PJ album as they came out on vinyl. The only one I missed was Avocado, which I got hooked up thru this board by a very nice epottsIII, (god bless you, epottsIII)straight from USA.

I hereby promise, doompony, to keep eyes peeled for Vs and will let you know if it pops up anywheres I am. Or avocado. Haven't ever seen a copy of ITW floating around these cloudy shores tho.

can I get a five fuckin weeks to go?? (funny how my swearing seems to increase in direct proportion to the closeness of 29 november)
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Mighty Ape has it for $29 or $30 or something. Cheap as! I ordered from 10C because I couldn't bear the possiblity of maybe missing out. I knew it'd be at JB or RG or something cheaper, but what are you going to do?
  • doompony wrote:
    i wish i had vs on vinyl... and avocado... and into the wild...
    I've got two copies of avocado that came a bit bent from 10C. I've never got a vinyl from 10C that wasn't! :evil:
  • my BEAUTIFUL vinyl arrived today....wooohooo
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    joewalshdc wrote:
    my BEAUTIFUL vinyl arrived today....wooohooo
    At last!! Glad you got it finally.
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    was it damaged? i discovered yesterday when i finally pulled it out that the sleeve with their cartoon faces on it was ripped :(
    topaz wrote:
    I hope you keep an eye on trademe then, Ms pony, cause I have seen Vs on there not so long ago.

I had to limit myself to just studio albums on vinyl in the end cause I wanted em all, everything I could get...had to stop the madness somehow, so only studios for me. Luckily for me when I left home at 15 I only had a vinyl player so got every PJ album as they came out on vinyl. The only one I missed was Avocado, which I got hooked up thru this board by a very nice epottsIII, (god bless you, epottsIII)straight from USA.

I hereby promise, doompony, to keep eyes peeled for Vs and will let you know if it pops up anywheres I am. Or avocado. Haven't ever seen a copy of ITW floating around these cloudy shores tho.

can I get a five fuckin weeks to go?? (funny how my swearing seems to increase in direct proportion to the closeness of 29 november)

hehehe! i told everyone at work today that when i get back to work on tuesday (monday being labour day) it'll be one month exactly and i will be UNBEARABLE to be around!

now that i've booked my hotel it's SO FUCKING REAL! OH! MY! GOD!!!!!!

also, thanks my dear for the eye peeled. i know i missed a vs vinyl a month or so ago on trade me that went for SWEET FUCK ALL so i'm pissed about that still... i was going through my vinyls last night and realised i had more than i thought...

ten (original and super deluxe with drop in the park)
    vitalogy
    no code
    yield (MY BABY!)
    binaural
    backspacer
    plus xmas singles 96-2002, 2004-2008
    plus life wasted and fixer singles

sigh

OH! and i got me a doolittle vinyl today. joy!
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    I've got on vinyl:

Ten (original)
    Ten (Redux + the other original that came with the Super Deluxe box set)
    Drop In The Park
    Vs
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Yield
    Live On 2 Legs
    Binaural
    Riot Act
    Pearl Jam
    Into The Wild
    Backspacer
    Xmas Singles - 93-96 98-08
    Gone
    The Fixer

Missing RVM, and the holy grail........Benny Hall :(
    you should... give me... your... albums.
  • Oz Jammer wrote:
    I've got on vinyl:

Ten (original)
    Drop In The Park
    Vs
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Yield
    Live On 2 Legs
    Binaural
    Riot Act
    Pearl Jam
    Into The Wild
    Backspacer
    Gone
    The Fixer

Nice - the only one I am missing is Into The Wild. Got all the rest!
  • This website is the holy grail for collectors....you need it, they have it....heres the Pearl Jam Vinyl pages...

http://www.gemm.com/c/search.pl?currenc ... and=Search
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    I've got on vinyl:

Ten (original)
    Drop In The Park
    Vs
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Yield
    Live On 2 Legs
    Binaural
    Riot Act
    Lost Dogs
    Pearl Jam
    Into The Wild
    Backspacer
    Gone
    The Fixer

Ten Club sent me out 2 ITW vinyls even though I only paid for 1. I gave the spare away.
  • topaz wrote:
    i actually bought mine off trademe for $32 so im happy, 10c takes waaaaaaaaaay too long to send things this way, well thats my experience anyway. so if its available elsewhere for a reasonable price im there.

I saw that on there and thought it was very reasonable... mine was $37 from RG which I thought was sweet as. But also have seen some dork relisting and relisting No Code on TM for $150 - glad no one has taken him up on his/her greedy offer. Even though its a fuckin rad album no doubt, some people just seem to be in it for the money... (yea yea I hear you already saying 'and what's wrong with that', well, nothing, I just like seeing these things sold to people who appreciate for a reasonable price.)

Ok rant over, now dont let me start on the sheer awesomeness that is Johnny Guitar or we'll be here for a looong time

nice to know there are other vinyl appreciators in NZ!

yeah theres heaps of dicks on there hiking the prices up-i did buy yield for about $70 about 6 months ago, but its my favourite album and to me its priceless, but i think i didnt do too badly with that one?

whats RG? ;)

oh and i LOVE JOHNNY GUITAR!!!
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• im guessing RG is Real Groovy....
    i was in RG welli today. no pearl jam vinyls that i could see. except the fixer. what. ever.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    I've got on vinyl:

heres what i got, i went a bit crazy at one point and tried to get everything i could, but then kinda gave up. i'd be here all day if i listed the cd singles and albums i have.

Albums:
    Ten (original)
    Drop In The Park
    Vs
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Yield
    Live On 2 Legs
    Binaural
    Riot Act
    Lost Dogs
    Rear View Mirror
    Pearl Jam
    Backspacer + The Fixer on the way

Xmas singles - 95, 96, 99-08

12"
    Green River - Come On Down 12"
    TOTD - Hunger Stirke promo 12" with Your Saviour/All Night Thing b sides
    Go 12" with bonus Animal Cassette
    Daughter poster bag 12"
    NAIS 12"

7"
    Green River - 10,000 Things demos 1984 7"
    Green River - "...dude party" live from their first ever gig 7"
    Mother Love Bone - Hold Your Head Up 7"
    Alive/Jeremy Epic Promo 7"
    Alive White 7"
    Even Flow 7"
    Daughter Red 7"
    Merkinball 7"
    Spin The Black Circle 7"
    Not For You 7"
    Who You Are 7"
    Off He Goes 7"
    Given To Fly 7"
    Wishlist Limited 1881/5000 7"
    Last Kiss limited Red 2590/3500 7"
    Nothing As It Seems Limited Green 6997 7"
    Light Years Limited Yellow 3039 and 3040 7"
    I Am Mine Limited Green 1604 and 1606 7"
    Life Wasted 7"
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    i got mine on tuesday in ireland and guess where it shipped from?? auckland :eh: :eh:
    it got passed around all of us first - so we've all had a spin. hope you don't mind my greasy fingerprints
    yeah theres heaps of dicks on there hiking the prices up-i did buy yield for about $70 about 6 months ago, but its my favourite album and to me its priceless, but i think i didnt do too badly with that one?

whats RG? ;)

oh and i LOVE JOHNNY GUITAR!!!

Yeah, RG is Real Groovy, which I should admit I used to call Real Greedy but can't justify that anymore after singing their praises for my backspacer vinyl.

Johnny is my fave song off the new album. It's official. And it's not too hard to jam on the guitar either! Well, bit fast for my semi-accoustic but hey, I make these things work.

And, I think $70 for Yield is sweet as on vinyl - it is a fuckin priceless album to own. I am getting really really curious as to what live songs we're going to hear over here! Cause I wana hear some Yield. And No Code. Oh man and Binaural. (see where this is going??) Most of all I want In My Tree (some of you will already know this, and I''m working on a collective consciousness gonna make it happen now)

Now all I really need to know is how I'm going to wait out the next month without going mad from the excitement! I really am that excited. Perchance some of you fullas understand....
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    I've got on vinyl:

Ten (original)
    Drop In The Park
    Vs
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Yield
    Live On 2 Legs
    Binaural
    Riot Act
    Pearl Jam
    Into The Wild
    Backspacer
    Gone
    The Fixer

Ditto, plus RVM, plus Benaroya, plus assorted singles...