anyone in NZ and AUS received their BS Vinyl?

Comments

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Newmarket.

And no shops have the vinyl yet that I've seen. It is so beautiful, I thinking about picking up another! :D

Edit: I just did a search and see Marbeck and Real Groovy have it listed for about $40. Mighty Ape has it for $30. Man, I paid $50 from 10C. Oh well!
  • bazzer wrote:
    Newmarket.

And no shops have the vinyl yet that I've seen. It is so beautiful, I thinking about picking up another! :D

Edit: I just did a search and see Marbeck and Real Groovy have it listed for about $40. Mighty Ape has it for $30. Man, I paid $50 from 10C. Oh well!

newmarket...shit man im in mt eden...im dying over here!!!
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Yeah.
  • This is crazy...still no sign of mine!!! SHHHIIIITTT
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i held it today in real groovy wellington, but my copy is still sealed up noice and toight at my folks' house...

*bides time*
  • i get the rest of my US order for strings today from courier post AND STILL NO VINYL!!!!! did one of you guys take it??????
  • joewalshdc wrote:
    surely somebody over here bought the vinyl thru 10c? Please, anybody?

I bought the vinyl and cd version and have not received either of them!
    heeeeeeeeeeey joooooooe...

have you got backspacer in yoooour hand?

i've got mine here. haven't cranked it yet. need the right atmosphere.
  • Just got the CD today...finally! Nice packaging though.
  • doompony wrote:
    heeeeeeeeeeey joooooooe...

have you got backspacer in yoooour hand?

i've got mine here. haven't cranked it yet. need the right atmosphere.

I havent gotten anything yet......PISSED OFF!!!....i did buy all the new boots tho so im working my way thru them....I WANT MY VINYL!!
  • zezitozezito Posts: 164
    've got the CD a week ago.

Yesterday I've got mine Golden State poster...

But no Vinyl!!!
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Im loosing my fucking mind over here...
    maybe they didn't send them all at once?

maybe i've got senority? hehehheeh...

no?

cheeky buggers!
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    joewalshdc wrote:
    Im loosing my fucking mind over here...
    Might pay to contact TC if you haven't already. My Sigg water bottle turned up today and they weren't shipping until after Back Spacer!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • bm12music wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:
    Might pay to contact TC if you haven't already. My Sigg water bottle turned up today and they weren't shipping until after Back Spacer!

I did email them...got a quick reply but basically got the 4-8 weeks shipping mail...im playing in wellington on friday so im going to go to doomponys folks place and steal hers!!!! ha ha
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Are you STILL waiting!?! :?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • I'm still waiting for mine.
    joewalshdc wrote:
    bm12music wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:

I did email them...got a quick reply but basically got the 4-8 weeks shipping mail...im playing in wellington on friday so im going to go to doomponys folks place and steal hers!!!! ha ha

ha ha! foiled again! i've already picked it up from their house so mine is snug as a bug in a rug in my living room! ha!!!!
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Are you STILL waiting!?! :?

I am ziggy...i really am...
  • Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    I ordered backspacer CD through 10C.

Decided my first listening would be with the book and album art, so I patiently waited.

After seeing the cd at the shops and knowing I could have it in my hot little hands, I was strong and waited for my 10C edition.

About 16 days after release, I was passing HUM records in newtown on a friday night and saw the Vinyl sitting in the window.

Sadly the store was closed, however I could resist no more. I got up early and went and bought a copy on the Saturday morning, and spun the thing all long weekend.

On the Tuesday my cd arrived.....

Its a plot to sell more copies I tells ya.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
    dcafe wrote:
    I ordered backspacer CD through 10C.

Decided my first listening would be with the book and album art, so I patiently waited.

After seeing the cd at the shops and knowing I could have it in my hot little hands, I was strong and waited for my 10C edition.

About 16 days after release, I was passing HUM records in newtown on a friday night and saw the Vinyl sitting in the window.

Sadly the store was closed, however I could resist no more. I got up early and went and bought a copy on the Saturday morning, and spun the thing all long weekend.

On the Tuesday my cd arrived.....

Its a plot to sell more copies I tells ya.

3 copies right here. sneaky sons of...
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,170
    Got my LP today! i live in melbourne so hope everyone gets theirs over the next day or two, may depend on where you live.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Yep I got mine today in Tasmania...
    sucked cos it was in my po box at 9am when I started work.
    Had to wait until 5 to pick it up..
    Didnt want to leave it in my car until I finished incase
    it got hot and warped... :)

Was sent from Auckland too.... :)
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    still waiting in brisso, but i only ordered mine on the day of release, not in the pre order, so i assume they get all the pre orders out first.

it will be the one and only copy of backspacer i own. looking forward to seeing some art work. thats all i want it for, i won't even listen to it. ever.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • zezitozezito Posts: 164
    Got mine here in Sydney this morning... going for the 3rd spin!
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • THIS IS SO FUCKED...IM STILL WAITING ON MY FUCKING PRE ORDER.....WHY BOTHER...!!!
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Dude! That is serious BS! Because of the huge price difference, I decided against 10C to get my copy on vinyl, and went with (shudder) Real Groovy instead - I have written this to you in some other thread (why not this one, well, I dunno) - anyway my point being they were really quick off the mark AND cheap! Yes, serious, I was shocked at the price actually when I went to pick it up - in a happy way.

Sometimes for us, when we are so far away from the US, I wonder about the merits of going with 10C vs buying from local stores...I fought my conscience enough when wondering whether to shell out extra money for 10C tickets to the shows, which of course I did in the end (cause I knew if I didn't, every NZer who bought 10C tix would get to perform live on stage with Pearl Jam or something of the likes). Fixer field isn't exactly what I was holding my breath for, but in the end I came to the conclusion...who gives a fuck...I've waited 14 years to see these geezers again, and not patiently either I might add, I don't care if I have to stand on my head and watch them....

Anyway joewalshdc, here's hoping you get a signed copy to make up for your long wait, or even better, a chance to get it signed yourself in Nov, can we come too??!!

aaaaargh looking forward to it, a lot! see ya there!!
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    joewalshdc wrote:
    THIS IS SO FUCKED...IM STILL WAITING ON MY FUCKING PRE ORDER.....WHY BOTHER...!!!
    ahh that sucks - happened with my Ten Box Set, turns out they actually forgot to send it.

I got a nice new phono stage before I spun BS but was a little dissapointed with the sound quality compared to some of the other vinyl out there - anyone else find the same?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    goodness, i can't believe you're still waiting.

maybe stone wrote his name is glitter pen on yours and they had to wait for it to dry?
  • i actually bought mine off trademe for $32 so im happy, 10c takes waaaaaaaaaay too long to send things this way, well thats my experience anyway. so if its available elsewhere for a reasonable price im there.
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009