gremmie.net: simply unable to find a betterman since 1998

gremmiedotnetgremmiedotnet Posts: 345
edited November 2009 in The Porch
guys,

I'm asking the community at large to suggest songs for gremmie.net that are not currently available on the site. we have done our best at creating an environment where you can download a deep catalog of reliably good quality songs. problem is, we don't feel we've run the full gamut. call us perfectionists. call us fools. call us gremmies.

so, please leave suggestions in this thread. it would also be helpful if you had a copy of the suggested song you could send our way.

please do not suggest songs where the only existing copy sounds like the first recorded version of MFC from that Italy shows in 1996. thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shall i take the silence to mean nothing needs adding?
  • a link to your site for all the lazy people
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    a link to your site for all the lazy people

it's his username.

gremmie.net
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • guys,

I'm asking the community at large to suggest songs for gremmie.net that are not currently available on the site. we have done our best at creating an environment where you can download a deep catalog of reliably good quality songs. problem is, we don't feel we've run the full gamut. call us perfectionists. call us fools. call us gremmies.

so, please leave suggestions in this thread. it would also be helpful if you had a copy of the suggested song you could send our way.

please do not suggest songs where the only existing copy sounds like the first recorded version of MFC from that Italy shows in 1996. thanks.

How about any songs Ed did with Bad Religion since they are openers for PJ for 2 of the Philly shows? I dont have them to provide, but just a suggestion of the top of my head. sorry if its an ignorant response
  • guys,

How about any songs Ed did with Bad Religion since they are openers for PJ for 2 of the Philly shows? I dont have them to provide, but just a suggestion of the top of my head. sorry if its an ignorant response

This is a great suggestion. We have the songs he did with bad Religion but ultimately decided NOT to include them because upon listening, we decided that you Ed's contribution to the songs aren't audible and don't really add much to the song.

For example, in a song like Passin' Through, Ed clearly has his own verse and can be heard clearly in the chorus. Conversely, in the Bad Religion tunes he's singing background vocals and they're not clear to the listener.
  • more of the ed solo stuff would be great. a good quality version of Unthought Known solo would be awesome. The contrast between the solo version and the BS version is very cool.
    Don't need a helmet...I've got a hard, hard head...

6.21.98 UT, 7.11.98 NV, 9.8.98 NJ, 8.23.00 NY, 8.24.00 NY, 8.25.00 NY, 10.21.00 AZ, 11.3.00 ID,
    12.8.02 WA, 4.1.03 CO, 10.22.03 Benaroya Hall,
    9.1.05 The Gorge, 9.2.05 Vancouver
    7.3.06 Denver, 7.06.06 Las Vegas, 6.30.08 Boston, 9.28.09 SLC, 10.09.09 San Diego
  • more of the ed solo stuff would be great. a good quality version of Unthought Known solo would be awesome. The contrast between the solo version and the BS version is very cool.
    Another great suggestion, however the problem with adding more Ed solo material is that the TenClub forbids it. I have spoken with some folks in management and it's been made clear to me that I should not host any Ed material from his solo tour per their policy.

Though a quick search on the internet will likely yield results on Ed solo material, hosting it on gremmie.net won't happen without the blessing of the TenClub.
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    edited September 2009
    Toronto Preset Sugar Mountain though I don't have it. Other than that I would have to check your site again to see what you have up there.

Edit: Wild Horses, Waiting On A Friend, With My 2 Hands, Act of Love, All Along the Watchtower, Ball & Chain, Don't Be Shy, Here's to the State of Mississippi, Life, Ship Song and the Waiting.

The only way I could send them is through email. That is the only way I know how. More to come
    Post edited by OGT92 on
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • get rid of the shitty mp3's. And respect the tapers when they say dont spread around lossy compression...
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • get rid of the shitty mp3's. And respect the tapers when they say dont spread around lossy compression...
    See folks this is example of a POOR suggestion.

Rather than launch into a FLAC vs. MP3 treatise, let's be constructive instead of plainly critical. Since a majority of the files on the site are NOT from tapers, this criticism is not well founded. Nor does it address my initial request.

More than that, the purity of a lossless file (see also: FLAC) - while a lovely thought, ignores the majority demand which asks more of convenience (see also: MP3).
  • hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    How about any songs Ed did with Bad Religion since they are openers for PJ for 2 of the Philly shows? I dont have them to provide, but just a suggestion of the top of my head. sorry if its an ignorant response[/quote]

This is a great suggestion. We have the songs he did with bad Religion but ultimately decided NOT to include them because upon listening, we decided that you Ed's contribution to the songs aren't audible and don't really add much to the song.

For example, in a song like Passin' Through, Ed clearly has his own verse and can be heard clearly in the chorus. Conversely, in the Bad Religion tunes he's singing background vocals and they're not clear to the listener.[/quote]

not true!!! in the song "struck a nerve" on BR's Recipe, eddie has a whole verse to himself... and then janette from concrete blonde sings during the outro!!! so put it up there, yo! : )
    hitman wrote:

not true!!! in the song "struck a nerve" on BR's Recipe, eddie has a whole verse to himself... and then janette from concrete blonde sings during the outro!!! so put it up there, yo! : )

Yes put it up there. I've never heard it!!!
  • I've got soundboards of Ed w/ the Doors and Ed w/ REM @ the RnR HoF.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    guys,

Your Monkeywrench section is out of whack....

You need to have

MONKEYWRENCH 1995
    MONKEYWRENCG 1998

With the full PJ setlists.......
  • @hitman: Please send this to me. I don't have it but would be glad to put it up.

@arthurdent: please send me the doors and REM material. i had it a long time ago, but it's since been lost.

@march271, please PM me so we can talk about monkeywrench.

my email is m AT gremmie DOT net

thanks guys!
    @hitman: Please send this to me. I don't have it but would be glad to put it up.

@arthurdent: please send me the doors and REM material. i had it a long time ago, but it's since been lost.

@march271, please PM me so we can talk about monkeywrench.

my email is m AT gremmie DOT net

thanks guys!

You don't want any of mine?
  • hitman wrote:

FYI, it was Watch it Die, not Struck a Nerve :D
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • alf7624alf7624 Posts: 102
    How about for the Ed page his cover of "Walk Hard" done in the NYC solo show. I Have been trying to hear this since that show, and I cant find it anywhere.
    ===============================================================
    PJ Shows-
    2022-  Camden, NJ 9/14/22
    2021 - Asbury Park, NJ  - 9/18/21
    2018 - Boston 1 & 2 - 9/2/18 & 9/4/18
    2016 - Chicago 1 -8/20/16 // Boston 1&2- 8/5/16 & 8/7/16 // NYC 1- 5/1/16
    2015- NYC- 9/26/15
    2013- Brooklyn, NY 1&2- 10/18/13 & 10/19/13 // Chicago- 7/19/13
    2010- NYC- 5/20/10
    2009- Philly- 10/31/09
    2008- EV Solo Newark NJPAC- 8/7/08 // Mansfield- 6/28/08 // NYC- 6/24/08
    2006- E. Ruth, NJ 1 & 2- 6/1/06 & 6/3/06
    2003- NYC 1&2- 7/8/03 & 7/9/03 // Uniondale, NY- 4/30/03
    2000- Jones Beach 1&2- 8/23/00 & 8/24/00
    1998- NYC- 9/11/98 (2nd Row) // E. Ruth, NJ- 9/8/98 (First PJ show)
  • hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    arthurdent wrote:
    hitman wrote:

FYI, it was Watch it Die, not Struck a Nerve :D

you are sooo right... i just hummed along to eddie's lyric's and went "doh!" at the end.... : )

fyi... if you're a fan of this album, you should youtube "skyscraper" and find the acoustic/piano version that greg graffin does... i listened to it about 30 times the other day. i love greg graffin.
  • How about adding Drop in the Park to your complete shows once the box set goes out of print? Love your site by the way.
  • How about the version of Long Rd. w/ Ed, Mike & Neil Young from the tribute to Heroes broadcast.
    I have an mp3 version of it, but not the greatest quality.
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    I would like to have the instrumental version of 'All or None' which plays over the credits of one of the DVDs (MSG?). That would be a nice addition.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    checked your site quickly & here's what i came up with...

PEARL JAM:
    Real Thing (w/ Cypress Hill)
    Catholic Boy (w/ Jim Caroll)
    I Am Mine {live @ chop suey}
    Love Boat Captain {live @ chop suey}
    1/2 Full {live @ chop suey}
    Save You {live @ chop suey}

EDDIE VEDDER:
    magic bus (w/ Pete Townshend)
    heart to hang onto (w/ Pete Townshend)

take a walk (7 Worlds Collide)
    stuff & nonsense (7 Worlds Collide)
    i see red (7 Worlds Collide)
    history never repeats (7 Worlds Collide)

anyway you want it (w/ The Ramones)

the face of love (extended version)
    the long road (extended version)
    mercy mercy me (w/ The Strokes)

all the way

and what about all the BRAD / MAD SEASON & THREE FISH B-SIDES??? any interest in those?
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    avocado b-sides ;)
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    I would like to have the instrumental version of 'All or None' which plays over the credits of one of the DVDs (MSG?). That would be a nice addition.

I think they just looped a section near the end of the song.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    I'd like "Slow Night So Long" with Kings of Leon from 2008.

Also the version of Arc from Newark, NJ in 2008.
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    RiotAct10 wrote:

I think they just looped a section near the end of the song.

Nope. It is the whole song, just without vocals.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    How about "Lucky Country" with Red Whyte? I can't find that one anywhere.

By the way, your site is fantastic! Thanks for the great tunes and the convenience.
  • heres to the state of GW from vh1 storytellers.

or is that already on gremmie?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*