Backspacer in Rock Band on Day of Release!

Comments

• it's up!
    liveon4legs.com
    co-host, Live on 4 Legs Podcast
    9/1/98 Atlanta, 9/22/12 Atlanta, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 10/14/14 Memphis, 4/13/16 Jax, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/21/16 Columbia, 8/20-22/16 Wrigley, Nashville/Louisville/St. Louis 2022
  • This is awesome!!!!!!!!! Thanks PJ for doing Rock Band I can't wait to get it. I bought the album yesterday at target but i don't think it was the special edition? The CD rocks!!!!!!!
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    JF241710 wrote:
    it's up!
    PS3 is? Two days early?
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031
    Just played through Bass on Expert and its was great fun. The End is mental!!XD
    Nature drunk and High
  • OK, so PJ have finally done something to really piss me off.

Backspacer on Rock Band, but still no published music for people who play real instruments.

What a tragic direction.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Laf9124 wrote:
    JF241710 wrote:
    it's up!
    PS3 is? Two days early?

no, wii
    liveon4legs.com
    9/1/98 Atlanta, 9/22/12 Atlanta, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 10/14/14 Memphis, 4/13/16 Jax, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/21/16 Columbia, 8/20-22/16 Wrigley, Nashville/Louisville/St. Louis 2022
  • Just played through Bass on Expert and its was great fun. The End is mental!!XD

expert bass on just breathe was my favorite
    liveon4legs.com
  • JF241710 wrote:
    Laf9124 wrote:
    JF241710 wrote:
    it's up!
    PS3 is? Two days early?

no, wii

Yeah, i checked PS3 a little earlier and my code from the Target CD still is unknown. Looks like I'll have to wait until Thursday to play this album... bummer.
  • To those who purchased this special cd/combo version at Target, do we get both redemption codes for 360 AND PS3? Or do we have to choose one over the other? I want it for both of my systems, so do I need to purchase two copies in order to do this? I'm holding out until this Thursday to redeem PS3 version. Appreciate any help.
    * St. Louis, MO - 02 July 1998 * Chicago, IL - 09 Oct 2000 * St. Louis, MO - 11 Oct 2000
    * Champaign, IL - 23 April 2003 * Las Vegas, NV - 06 June 2003 * Kansas City, KS - 12 June 2003
    * Chicago, IL - 18 June 2003 * St. Louis, MO - 05 Oct 2004 * Chicago, IL - 16 May 2006
    * Milwaukee, WI - 29 June 2006 * Chicago, IL - 05 Aug 2007 * Chicago, IL - 24 Aug 2008
    * Nashville, TN - 17 June 2009 * Nashville, TN - 18 June 2009 * Chicago, IL - 23 Aug 2009
    * St. Louis, MO - 04 May 2010 * Chicago, IL - 28 June 2011 * St. Louis, MO - 01 July 2011
    * East Troy, WI - 03 Sept 2011 * East Troy, WI - 04 Sept 2011 * Chicago, IL - 19 July 2013
    * Chicago, IL - 09 July 2015  * Chicago, IL 20 Aug 2016  * Chicago, IL - 18 Aug 2018 
    * Chicago, IL - 20 Aug 2018  * 2020 NO LUCK! :(
  • kathynek wrote:
    To those who purchased this special cd/combo version at Target, do we get both redemption codes for 360 AND PS3? Or do we have to choose one over the other? I want it for both of my systems, so do I need to purchase two copies in order to do this? I'm holding out until this Thursday to redeem PS3 version. Appreciate any help.

I know when I stepped thru the process of getting the code using the CD that they had an additional screen asking you "Are you sure you want the code for PS3?" giving you a chance to cancel and select the system again. I think if you answer "Yes" to this question, which I did, it locks you out of being able to get the Xbox version code. The process of actually getting the code is done via a website the CD program just links you to the website, so this being the case, the website is probably storing something about your CD along with the fact that it already processed a code for one of the two gaming consoles so it can't be used again.

EDIT: I just checked this out with the CD on two different computers and when you go to get the Rock Band code it just brings up the code you already were given the first time you ran thru it. So you cannot outsmart it and get two codes. If you think about it, that would cost Rock Band alot of sales of the songs as any PS3 owner could either give out the xbox code away or sell it on ebay and vice versa, so it makes total sense that they'd come up with a way to force only one code per album.
  • Can i get this for Rock Band 1? And if so, how?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • DK23DK23 Posts: 32
    Can i get this for Rock Band 1? And if so, how?

Yes. Assuming you don't have Wii. You just have to have your system online, visit the Rock band store within the game. Either purchase a points card at retail beforehand or enter a CC number on your system and buy points
  • mgiusto wrote:
    Are you effing kidding me? Oh man this is almost too much!!! I am too happy with this band right now to even start debating if they are selling out or not. If it makes me this damn happy who effing cares!!!

PJ is not selling out, they are selling music, get a clue, the days of a record selling 10M copies is long gone. They have come up with more and varied ways to release and promote this album than a record company ever did, and I'm thrilled. We love and honor our band for its ethic that hires the unemployed, supports a myriad of causes including ones in every city they play, and they support a decently sized jamily of crew and employees. Plus they have to plan for the future, like we all do or should. If they make money in this business thats just great, somebody besides bankers and insurance companies should and they can afford to keep on this incredible trip.

Actually I dont like Target and wont shop there because of a couple policies I consider to be working/poor unfriendly, but PJ likes them best OF THE Available choices, so its just fine with me cause they arranged that I can buy from them AND independents like Streelight Music, my home away from home.
    Keep on Rockin, end of my rant, and no I dont know them or work for them or any of their affiliates, I am a layed-off old fart
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Has anyone tried the drums for this yet? How fun?
  • Hi guys just wondering if anyone is able to purchase a copy of the rockband edition of Backspacer from Target for me as I live in Australia and the Target website dont deliver to Australia. I know i can use DLC to get the songs on Thursday for PS3 and i will but its more of a collector thing. Im happy to pay shipping and a little extra for your troubles, can paypal money right away.
    I anyone is willing to help please pm me.

cheers

Andrew P
  • DK23 wrote:
    Can i get this for Rock Band 1? And if so, how?

Yes. Assuming you don't have Wii. You just have to have your system online, visit the Rock band store within the game. Either purchase a points card at retail beforehand or enter a CC number on your system and buy points

I actually do have a Wii, and i just went out and bought RB2 today, and i've already downloaded them all, plus extra PJ songs.

Thanks for your help though.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • is it not available in Canada?
    my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
    of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    Why_Go wrote:
    is it not available in Canada?

For download via Xbox Live, yes! But that 'exclusive Target' Backspacer Case (with includes a disc or piece of paper with code?) isn't available here.
  • Has the PS3 version hit yet?
    96: 10-2 Hartford
    03: 7-11 Mansfield 3
    04: 9-28 Boston 1
    08: 6-28 Mansfield 1
    09: 10-30 Philly 3, 10-31 Philly 4
    10: 5-15 Hartford, 5-17 Boston
    11: 9-3 Alpine Valley, 9-4 Alpine Valley
    13: 10-15 Worcester 1, 10-16 Worcester 2, 10-25 Hartford
    16: 4-29 Philly 2, 5-1 MSG 1, 8-5 Fenway 1, 8-7 Fenway 2
    18: 9-2 Fenway 1, 9-4 Fenway 2
    21: 9-26 Ohana
    22: 5-6 LA, 5-7 LA, 5-16 Fresno
    EV SOLO: 8-2-08 Boston 2, 6-8-09 Albany 1, 6-15-11 Providence, 6-16-11 Boston, 6-18-11 Hartford, 11-1-12 Las Vegas
    Tres Mts: 3-27-11 Boston
  • Not when I checked. Does anyone know when the PlayStation store typically gets updated on Thursdays?
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437
    They are west coast - so assume no later than 3pm EST. Who knows though...
  • PSN typically updates their store between 6-7 Eastern, but RB usually gets the songs up through their in-game store a little earlier. Nothing yet, but I'd be surprised if it's not there within the next couple hours.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • It's up, Playstation owners. Remember, you have to access it through the Rock Band Music Store unil the PSN updates this evening.

Off to play!
    sickwillie wrote:
    It's up, Playstation owners. Remember, you have to access it through the Rock Band Music Store unil the PSN updates this evening.

Off to play!
    What does that mean? I'm waiting to punch in my Target code via my Playstation Network. Must I wait til later? Help is appreciated.
  • I could be wrong, but if you've got a code you *may* have to wait until PSN updates. I just bought it through the in-game store ("no code", as it were), but PSN won't be updated for a few more hours. I'd either wait for that, or go to the store and try your code. It may work now that the content has been uploaded on Rock Band's end.
    sickwillie wrote:
    I could be wrong, but if you've got a code you *may* have to wait until PSN updates. I just bought it through the in-game store ("no code", as it were), but PSN won't be updated for a few more hours. I'd either wait for that, or go to the store and try your code. It may work now that the content has been uploaded on Rock Band's end.
    Appreciate the help. Any idea what time the PSN updates?
  • PS3 players, please add your gamer ID to the other post I have here so we can hook up and play together online.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=112199
  • PSN ID: BigMeanBird

I'm downloading right now, can't wait to play!!
  • BACKSPACER is UP on the PSN Store!

BUT, my code does not work! Now I have to email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:redemption@rockband.com">redemption@rockband.com</a><!-- e --> to see what the eff is up! Man this sucks!
  • Check it again! I tried my code about 5 min ago and didnt work. Tried it again just now and its working :D time for some Backspacer!