www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    mfc2006 wrote:
    this thread is ridiculous.

More like tone deaf...
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Even if Eddie walked into the studio high out of his mind one day and said he wanted to auto-tune his vocals, Brendan O'Brien would never allow it on one of his Pearl Jam albums.

I was thinking the same thing.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 534
    Really? You HONESTLY think he used autotune on this? :lol:

So tell me, do tell me, why did he use autotune in a couple of areas where OTHERS in the same song are BLATENTLY out of tune? Just seems a little silly to fix it in some area but not others...
  • Options
    hey look...i'm auto-tuning you out!! :twisted:
  • Options
    I can't believe I'm willing to bump this thread, but there's nothing in the song that even remotely hints at auto tuning. Layered vocals are clearly separate vocal tracks, the rest is typical Ed. As someone else pointed out, if they were seeking perfection, why not make it perfect - which the song isn't. Ed's a real vocalist, not some tone-deaf pop star. If you dislike the song, that's cool, but I'm not hearing the same recording as you…clearly.

Maybe that's why you don't like it? Ha ha.
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,677
    Has it come to this somehow?

A good baseball player hits homeruns and automatically he's on steroids?

A good singer writes and sings a fucking phenomenal song... Just Breathe... and automatically he's using an auto-tuner ???

Give the man some credit. Actually... give him a lot of credit.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    00023gph
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    he only used autotune for the hidden track, which is a cover of gay fish
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    J.J. Posts: 39
    willhare wrote:
    I can't believe I'm willing to bump this thread, but there's nothing in the song that even remotely hints at auto tuning. Layered vocals are clearly separate vocal tracks, the rest is typical Ed. As someone else pointed out, if they were seeking perfection, why not make it perfect - which the song isn't. Ed's a real vocalist, not some tone-deaf pop star. If you dislike the song, that's cool, but I'm not hearing the same recording as you…clearly.

Maybe that's why you don't like it? Ha ha.

Thank You...there is nothing else to say here...well maybe a few more things.

I just listened to this 2 times through while I was reading these threads.. Come the fuck on..lol It's Eddie for god's sake. This type of shit has to stop. First I keep reading how Ed has fucking hair plugs and now he using Auto-tune? What next.. he's been lip syncing all these years and some guitar tech is suing for his royalties for vocals on all NINE PJ albums? I mean really?