Options

Just Breathe

2»

Comments

• Options
    knikknik Posts: 94
    krymsin wrote:
    I think the older you are, the more you're able to "get" this song ...

Being married with a child, a lot of it rang true -- for me, at least.

But i really like the rockers, too.

:D

you're right. this is a song directly aimed at middle aged pearl jam fans...and since i'm not one of those i guess it's ok for me to really really dislike this song.

Well, then maybe in a few years you will 'get it'. Till then enjoy the songs that you do but don't pass hasty judgement on those that you don't. What you "really really dislike" today, you may come to love tomorrow.
  • Options
    i am a targeti am a target Posts: 808
    edited September 2009
    SolarWorld wrote:

i was a little more articulate than "just breathe sucks".

Not really...
    and spare me the "well you knew people would like it" BS. i have no idea what people are going to like or not like. and if you do..well then..you're a better man than i.

People have been posting shit since the album leaked about this song as well as a lot of reviews highlighting it. Not to mention all the positive buzz about it. Then you come along and say "This shit sucks!" And you are really surprised at the reaction? Come on...

BTW this is not '94 (Nothingman) and I'm glad Pearl Jam now does not still sound like Pearl Jam then.

sorry. i guess the next time i dare criticize a pearl jam song (that i THINK people might like based on reviews) it will be in the form of a multi-paged dissertation.
    Post edited by i am a target on
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    moyboy wrote:
    you're crazy. in my opinion.

no...i'm Crazy...he's tone deaf....& a few other things that Kat wouldn't like me saying!!!
    :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    regardless of year a good song is still a good song. i like pearl jam because they write amazing songs that i feel only they can write..this song..this could be a goo goo dolls song. a mid 90s lament for a bad movie.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    My favorite song on the album (as you can tell by my new screen name), just the lyrics, the music everything about it I love. What a beautiful song! I won't bash you for not liking it, but you are wrong! :P
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    plus i think ed stole the guitar line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3QSkux3vcQ

ed and the lead singer of queensryche probably got together and pondered their very existences together.
  • Options
    One of the best songs I've ever heard!
  • Options
    DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    Ed sounds like he has a cold.

The melody is amateur and I really wish someone would tell Ed to please stop writing this horrible Springsteen style adult contemporary stuff.

Please don't let them play this one live.

I dare you to wear a 'No Just Breathe' shirt to a concert :)
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I have to say - the way Ed sounds in Just Breathe is AMAZING.

And I really love the way He sings there.
    If he had a cold - sorry for Him, but I wish He will sing like this more often.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    this could be a goo goo dolls song.

Oh dude it's not THAT bad. The lyrics aren't very good but the guitar line is good and so are the strings.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,861
    Still haven't heard the album but heard the snippet of this and I loved it. The op has posted for the reaction. And he got it

ignore it and it will go away.
  • Options
    It's not that bad, not that great.

overall the album isn't what I'd call good. . .
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    brother123 wrote:

Don't agree, but GO DEVILS
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    brother123 wrote:

Agreed...

Middle of the pack in regards to album rankings....

Now i know everyone on here is mesmerized by the "new pj" time...BUT...

AVOCADO IS SUPERIOR!
  • Options
    I love the bass line in this one, just like the bass line for off he goes.
    The smallest oceans still get big,big waves
  • Options
    if you don't "feel" this song then you have NO SOUL!!!!...or have never experienced true love.
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    RWInHiding wrote:
    I love the bass line in this one, just like the bass line for off he goes.
    I was curious, i amd deaf... is it bass or contrabass?
    Anywy - this is incredible. It is Jeff's work I hope?
    The bass line there always bring me to my knees. this is one of the greatest thing on this album.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl