Options

Hey, What Happened...

Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
edited September 2008 in The Porch
...to Deep magazine?

It's been awhile, we're due for another one.

I guess people just figure they're not doing them anymore? On the Pearl Jam site it still lists Deep magazine as one of the benefits of being in 10c.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,739
    its actually pretty terrible the output on these things, Its not the price of the membership that bothers me, its the fact the membership is sold with two copies a year and all that, and I actually really enjoy getting them.....Seems slack at best

In the meantime, REM continue to churn out 4 newsletters to their fans and always on time
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,185
    pdalowsky wrote:
    its actually pretty terrible the output on these things, Its not the price of the membership that bothers me, its the fact the membership is sold with two copies a year and all that, and I actually really enjoy getting them.....Seems slack at best

In the meantime, REM continue to churn out 4 newsletters to their fans and always on time

yeah! not to be too critical here, but that's a good point. 10c are a busy bunch during tour season and all, so i'm expecting they'll probably get us a new Deep magazine this year?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Maybe they should outsource the newsletter to the REM fanclub. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Maybe they should outsource the newsletter to the REM fanclub. ;)

PBM

Very funny, Brent! :D:p

Have faith...they always come through!

I'd like to see some pictures from the secret shows in Seattle before EV started his first solo tour!

I bet Kerensa was there taking pictures...don't lie, girl! ;) Share with us!!!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Gimme the newsletter! I write it and send it out for free! Less the cost of publication and mail! But if you think about it why are we wasting all these trees... electronic form better! I think Deep should become a part of this website offering in depth articles and photos to its 10c members... Also what about the vinyl and posters and other perks you all get?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    IamMine wrote:
    Have faith...they always come through!

You know me...tongue in cheek.

Honestly, they're probably waiting on the members of the band to turn in their assignments. As usual, Matt is the only one who turned his in early.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,607
    pdalowsky wrote:

personally speaking, i'm quite happy with PJ & 10C working on always keeping us satisfied and entertained by way of all things music/posters/goodies/tours, and would rather have the DEEP magazine arrive during "off-peak" periods,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    ...to Deep magazine?

It's been awhile, we're due for another one.

I guess people just figure they're not doing them anymore? On the Pearl Jam site it still lists Deep magazine as one of the benefits of being in 10c.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA don't think I've ever seen 2 copies of Deep magazine during a year's membership.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    hell yeah.
    who won the poster contest?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    Seems to me that 2 mailed out newsletters per year can get a little expensive in today's economy. Maybe they should go all digital with the OPTION to buy a printed version for a couple bucks to cover costs.

Another thought is that these guys are in their 40's and have families. I bet that when they have time off they take full advantage of it. It just might not be the best time for writing articles for the newsletter. Maybe they should go back to the calendar newsletters instead.
    Sam
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    Big Bold and Free?
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    Slip Kid wrote:
    Big Bold and Free?

perhaps the WWS download? i had hoped it was access to the PJ vault. that's a bit wishful eh?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Yeah they're busy trying to delete links to solo gigs, so don't bother them:D

ha! too funny and probably true. or maybe my repeated threads trying to trade a poster. i think i've joined the other side of the pearl jam fan-dom. i should have never done a mystery poster sale!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    what month did we get the last one? it has to have been almost a year now. if it weren't for how good they are with concert tickets, perhaps i would complain.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    what month did we get the last one? it has to have been almost a year now. if it weren't for how good they are with concert tickets, perhaps i would complain.

I think last December is when we got them.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    hell yeah.
    who won the poster contest?
    That's what I want to know too. Maybe it's late because they can't decide. :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."