Options

Do you know which part of Got Some is the best?

Comments

• Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    edited September 2009
    it is very cool... i mean hot... i mean, i gotta admit - if it means you're happy ziggy. you sure know how to bring people round to your way of thinking :oops: :? ;)

Huh? I do?

Do I know you?? You're from Sydney...thought you may know me on the other Aussie board...
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    I'm with ya! Not hot for me, but I like it :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    After the very first line....

Every night with the lights out...where you gone...what’s wrong?

....Ed makes a little Arggh sound....it's fucking HOT!

And that is all. 8-)

When they first performed this song on Conan O'Brien's show I thought for sure that eV was clearing his throat. Imagine my suprise when it showed up on the studio version! :lol:
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options

Oh bullshit.....you get all excited every time you hear it....ADMIT IT!!! ;)
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

And that is all. 8-)

When they first performed this song on Conan O'Brien's show I thought for sure that eV was clearing his throat. Imagine my suprise when it showed up on the studio version! :lol:

I thought that too!!!
  • Options

I just want you to know that I can't listen to this song anymore w/o thinking of this thread. THANKS!

I think there is not a single thing about this song that I don't love... from the drums to the guitar parts to Ed's singing... but the grunt is actually at the bottom of that list... and it's something I probably wouldn't have even have ever thought about if not for reading this thread a week and a half ago. ;)

Bustin yer ovaries, zig, it's all good.

haha I'm glad I stick in your memory....for the wrong reasons! :lol:
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Well I know my wife does when I make that sound. 25 years of smoking has its benefits :P ;)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Well I know my wife does when I make that sound. 25 years of smoking has its benefits :P ;)

Your wife actually likes the sound of you constantly clearing the crap out of the back of your throat? I doubt it.

But when Ed does it, it's sexy!!! ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    it is very cool... i mean hot... i mean, i gotta admit - if it means you're happy ziggy. you sure know how to bring people round to your way of thinking :oops: :? ;)

Huh? I do?

Do I know you?? You're from Sydney...thought you may know me on the other Aussie board...
    on lifewasted too, though haven't been on there long - haven't introduced myself before... here goes, a little about me: i live in sydney, i'm a big fan of pearl jam, and... well who really cares what else?! nice to meet you! :geek: this could be the start of a long and virtual friendship... :)
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Options
    I like it, but it would be better if it had some "yeah, yeah, yeahs." ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

You want me to punch you, don't you!?! ;)
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.
  • Options
    on lifewasted too, though haven't been on there long - haven't introduced myself before... here goes, a little about me: i live in sydney, i'm a big fan of pearl jam, and... well who really cares what else?! nice to meet you! :geek: this could be the start of a long and virtual friendship... :)

Wow....you just gave me so much more information that I didn't already have! Thanks!!

Nice to meet you too! :mrgreen: But I'm still deciding whether I want this to be a long and virtual friendship! haha ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    I love the last 30 seconds, particularly, the "Are you drying up, are you a - big - drop - Are - you a puddle full of detrimental? weeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr weiirrr weiirrr weiiir weeeiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    into the last chorus
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Wow....you just gave me so much more information that I didn't already have! Thanks!!

Nice to meet you too! :mrgreen: But I'm still deciding whether I want this to be a long and virtual friendship! haha ;):mrgreen:
    here's to staying relatively anonymous ;) i'll be hanging round here and i think it might be too painful to see your avatar every day and not be at least virtual aquaintances :roll:
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

here's to staying relatively anonymous ;) i'll be hanging round here and i think it might be too painful to see your avatar every day and not be at least virtual aquaintances :roll:

She didn't ask for your driver's liscence number. Give her something to work with. What's your favorite kind of cheese?
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

haha Well I don't really know how to respond to that! :lol:

What if we meet on tour? Then we'll be REAL LIFE acquaintances!!! :o
  • Options

She didn't ask for your driver's liscence number. Give her something to work with. What's your favorite kind of cheese?

Hey! I'm asking the questions around here, sunshine!!!

So, do you prefer chedder or jarlsberg cheese? 8-)
  • Options

it's blue, jeff, but it does give me horrific wind in the event of excess consumption. is that too much information? is this for jeff's benefit or ziggy's? i'm confused and i feel like i've bared my soul too much for now... :oops:
  • Options

it's blue, jeff, but it does give me horrific wind in the event of excess consumption. is that too much information? is this for jeff's benefit or ziggy's? i'm confused and i feel like i've bared my soul too much for now... :oops:

Mmmmm.....blue!!! I like you already!!!!

Screw Jeff....it's all about me right now! 8-) Come on! Stay focused!!
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Hey! I'm asking the questions around here, sunshine!!!

So, do you prefer chedder or jarlsberg cheese? 8-)
    that's way too much pressure! i'm afraid if i choose the wrong one it may make or break my chances of being accepted into the fold! it's like asking if i prefer sleight of hand or bushleaguer and choosing the latter - could have ramifications beyond my wildest imaginings... here goes - cheddar?? <flinches> :?
  • Options
    that's way too much pressure! i'm afraid if i choose the wrong one it may make or break my chances of being accepted into the fold! it's like asking if i prefer sleight of hand or bushleaguer and choosing the latter - could have ramifications beyond my wildest imaginings... here goes - cheddar?? <flinches> :?

You're fucked.....nice knowing you for about 15 mintues.... ;)

Luckily I love ALL cheese. Okay, another question.....are you a fan of fresh seafood? This is the decider! Consider your answer carefully! 8-)
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

You're fucked.....nice knowing you for about 15 mintues.... ;)

Luckily I love ALL cheese. Okay, another question.....are you a fan of fresh seafood? This is the decider! Consider your answer carefully! 8-)
    whew, got away with that one - just! hmmm, now seafood... is this a trick question? like is seafood meant to mean something else? i do love a good seafood taco that's for sure. nah, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes to all fresh seafood (hope there's not a whole thread's worth of backlash to this!)
  • Options
    whew, got away with that one - just! hmmm, now seafood... is this a trick question? like is seafood meant to mean something else? i do love a good seafood taco that's for sure. nah, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes to all fresh seafood (hope there's not a whole thread's worth of backlash to this!)

YESSSS........you picked the correct answer! We're going to get on fine!! haha It wasn't a trick question....seafood meant seafood....and you did a mighty fine job, my new little friend....I mean virtual acquaintance.

Good night! ;)
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

YESSSS........you picked the correct answer! We're going to get on fine!! haha It wasn't a trick question....seafood meant seafood....and you did a mighty fine job, my new little friend....I mean virtual acquaintance.

Good night! ;)
    oh, awesome zig - man, i feel like we already have this connection that goes beyond cheese and seafood! i think i'm falling virtually for you. with apologies to e vedder and m mccready, In Townsville there's a siren singing, a song only I know... ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    i feel the same about The End - in my mind, so that i don't break up in tears when listening, i make it sound like this:
    "It's my fault, now I been caught a sickness in my bones Yeah Yeah Yeah
    How it pains to leave you here with the kids on your own Yeah Yeah Yeah"
    If I want to lose my shit and get all bleary-eyed, I take the yeah yeah yeahs out. ;)
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    ZiggyStar wrote:

And that is all. 8-)

i knew you'd notice that too ya PERV
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    The actual first ten seconds of the song (of guitar and drums) gets me going. I feel like I'm in a nightmare - which is a good thing. That's the first thing I thought of when I first heard the studio version of Got Some ten days ago.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Oh yeah.............ooooohh yeah.......oh oh oh oh yes yes yes oooh YEAH!!!!!

I also like: " How much difference does it make.....HUM?"