Options

** Please sponsor myself and audiodave! **

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited October 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
On October 4th 2009, myself and audiodave will be taking part in a bike ride in memory of my Dad who passed away 3 weeks ago from a heart attack.

The event is in aid of British Heart Foundation and is 30 miles around the Coventry and Warwickshire area of the UK.

Absolutely no pressure, any donation is welcome to help us achieve or beat our goal of £250.

Click on the following link to donate or to get more info:

http://original.justgiving.com/team_poppet

Many thanks,

~ Sian x
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Good luck with it.

I hope the sign posting is better than the BHF ride we did in Dorking back in May. Some assholes removed a sign at the beginning resulting in an extra 4 miles. Then at the end a sign was hidden by branches and we did even more. Add to that a hill that would have made a seasoned Tour de france rider weep we were knackered. What should have been 37 miles ended up being 44. I couldn't sit down for 2 days. :shock:
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    I'll be happy to help you, and this wonderful cause, Sian once I get my PayPal account sorted. Hopefully in a week or so :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    Good luck with it.

I hope the sign posting is better than the BHF ride we did in Dorking back in May. Some assholes removed a sign at the beginning resulting in an extra 4 miles. Then at the end a sign was hidden by branches and we did even more. Add to that a hill that would have made a seasoned Tour de france rider weep we were knackered. What should have been 37 miles ended up being 44. I couldn't sit down for 2 days. :shock:

Oh cripes... I hope we don't have any experiences like that :shock:

I'm oddly looking forward to it... hill training starts tomorrow though... I might be looking forward to it as much on Friday morning :lol:

Thanks for your sponsorship! :D
    I'll be happy to help you, and this wonderful cause, Sian once I get my PayPal account sorted. Hopefully in a week or so :D

Thanks Selena, you're awesome :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

same here, Sian. i've been having some issues with my acct lately. great cause!! hope you're doing well--Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    done!

hope you're doing well sian...hi dave!! :D
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

same here, Sian. i've been having some issues with my acct lately. great cause!! hope you're doing well--Matt

Thanks Matt, you're such a star! :) I'll keep an eye out for your donation... I'm having to explain to my Mum who everyone is, where they come from and how I know them... bless her, she's impressed by the support from here :)
    norm wrote:
    done!

hope you're doing well sian...hi dave!! :D

Thanks so much for your generosity :D

Being back on my bike has been hard as it's something me and my Dad shared, but it has to be done. Having good days and bad days but i'm doing alright, thank you for asking. :)

(i'm sure Dave'll be on soon enough to say hi right back atcha ;) )

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I'm having to explain to my Mum who everyone is, where they come from and how I know them... bless her, she's impressed by the support from here :)

Bit like me explaining my secret santa addressed to 'chime' :mrgreen: ... hmmm well Mum you see that's sorta me :oops: :P ... but I guess after this board landed Dave in her family your Mum knows we're full of surprises ;) :twisted:

Bumpilicious baby! {{{hugs}}}
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    I'm having to explain to my Mum who everyone is, where they come from and how I know them... bless her, she's impressed by the support from here :)

Bit like me explaining my secret santa addressed to 'chime' :mrgreen: ... hmmm well Mum you see that's sorta me :oops: :P ... but I guess after this board landed Dave in her family your Mum knows we're full of surprises ;) :twisted:

Bumpilicious baby! {{{hugs}}}

Ohh she really does... nice surprises though :mrgreen:

Thanks for the bump! and thanks again for the donation! {{{hugs back}}} ;):D

Looks like we might have to increase our overall target soon... :? :mrgreen:

• Options
    my_small_self - Thank you for your generosity. I said it at the shows and I stand by my judgement; You guys are awesome. (say hi to hubby for us!) :D

• Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    my_small_self - Thank you for your generosity. I said it at the shows and I stand by my judgement; You guys are awesome. (say hi to hubby for us!) :D

No problem :D hope you are doing OK and that all goes well for the bike ride, GOOD LUCK :D
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options

No problem :D hope you are doing OK and that all goes well for the bike ride, GOOD LUCK :D

I'm alright thanks :)

I'll let everyone know how we do after the event... I'm sure it'll be entertaining and eventful reading...

Until then, we have training... a few miles are being notched up tonight so we may not be able to sit down tomorrow! :lol:

Thanks for the luck, we're gonna need it! :oops:

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

wait until you tell her that you know the true Last King of Scotland... that'll impress her. ;)

best of luck crazy woman... 8-)8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

wait until you tell her that you know the true Last King of Scotland... that'll impress her. ;)

Thank you for your (random) donation... It's greatly appreciated. :D
    I know you're a big softy really... don't worry, I won't tell anyone ;)

I'll tell me Mum that the true Last King of Scotland said hi shall I? That way she'll be uber impressed and she won't think we're all weirdos at all... :roll: :lol:

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:

Thank you for your (random) donation... It's greatly appreciated. :DI know you're a big softy really... don't worry, I won't tell anyone ;)

I'll tell me Mum that the true Last King of Scotland said hi shall I? That way she'll be uber impressed and she won't think we're all weirdos at all... :roll: :lol:

i once did a sponsored Sing Your National Anthem-athon... got 89p... spent it on a 3/4 size McFlurry.

seriously... good luck and this is a lovely thing you guys are doing! 8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    [
    Thanks Matt, you're such a star! :) I'll keep an eye out for your donation... I'm having to explain to my Mum who everyone is, where they come from and how I know them... bless her, she's impressed by the support from here :)

done! i didn't realize that i could use my CC instead of PayPal! good luck & have a great ride, Sian! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    [

done! i didn't realize that i could use my CC instead of PayPal! good luck & have a great ride, Sian! 8-)

Recieved your donation loud and clear! 8-)

Thanks so much mate :)

Training starts in T-minus 30 mins... wish us luck :?

• Options
    what an awesome way to honor your father! kudos!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I'm In :D

Great cause and a great way to honor such a terrific man.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    what an awesome way to honor your father! kudos!
    I'm In :D

Great cause and a great way to honor such a terrific man.

Thank you, I hope to make him proud :)

BD, Lizard, dades - thanks so much for your donations, you lovely generous people you! *blows kisses* :D

We've just done about 15 miles of training... Dave coped really well and we're on track. Hill training happens on Saturday morning... we might not be so chipper after that :lol:

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. You guys are awesome and I can't thank you enough for your support and generosity. Sian'll cope fine with these 30 miles, but I know I need the support! :oops:

We just did about 14 miles and i'm OK! This time. Not a fan of those hills though....

Hi Norm! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    :ugeek:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Thanks to davegrolsch and his lovely wife for sponsoring us. You guys are awesome! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    good luck guys.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    I thru a few quid your way!
  • Options
    done, good luck :D
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Thanks to both JOEJOEJOE and Cree Nations for your generous donations! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    audiodave wrote:
    Thanks to both JOEJOEJOE and Cree Nations for your generous donations! :D

My pleasure!
  • Options
    twas my pleasure, its an excellent cause
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Thank you all for your donations so far... the support we're receiving is amazing and we've had to move the target twice! It's due to be moved again tomorrow... :D

We did 20 miles this morning and we're both feeling really positive about the ride... Dave's doing really well and has improved so much since we first starting riding together. I'm so proud of him :)

• Options
    *bump*