Patrick Swayze Dead

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    you've never seen dirty dancing?
    how is that even possible?! ;)
    :mrgreen:

very possible... swayze, grey & dancing... it was easy to never see that ;) :P

i've seen a bunch of swayze flicks, most mentioned in this thread tho i think i missed red dawn. was never one of my fave actors by any stretch, but definitely seemed a genuine guy and 57 is just way too young to go...

you've never seen red dawn?
    how is that even possible?! ;)

:mrgreen:
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I guess I'll never get my refund for having to sit through "Next of Kin" now..... :twisted:

Take a load off, Pat...and rest in peace.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    rcs wrote:
    RIP

Think I'll watch Red Dawn tonight.

... and then Point Break.

RIP.

Those are the two I would choose as well.

My two favorite as well; along with The Outsiders. I also loved his kick-ass character, Orry Main, on "North and South".

Swayze used to come to my hometown of Meridian, Mississippi, back in the 1980's and 1990's to ride horses on a big farm just outside of town and he would always make a point to stop at a favorite restaurant of his called News Restaurant. There's still an autographed picture of him haning on the wall near the front door.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• kayne west is gonna show up at patricks funeral, grab the microphone and say Mm Jackson had the best funeral of the year.
    I'll be back
  • kayne west is gonna show up at patricks funeral, grab the microphone and say Mm Jackson had the best funeral of the year.

:lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • My friends Facebook status....

Yo Patrick Swayze, I know you just died and I'mma let you finish... but Michael Jackson's death was the best one this year
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Saw the Barbara Walters piece again---very sad. He had guts.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My bf is watching Point Break behind me right now.........gee I love that movie.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    My bf is watching Point Break behind me right now.........gee I love that movie.

He made a good villain. I always thought they'd do a sequel, even though it'd be nearly impossible to survive that ending.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    My friends Facebook status....

Yo Patrick Swayze, I know you just died and I'mma let you finish... but Michael Jackson's death was the best one this year
    Sweeeeeet.... :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    So, how weird is it that I find out last week, that my boss knew Patrick Swayze for over 30 years? She attended his memorial service this weekend in L.A.

I told her that I couldn't believe that I can now connect her to Kevin Bacon in just three steps.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • mbangel10 wrote:
    So, how weird is it that I find out last week, that my boss knew Patrick Swayze for over 30 years? She attended his memorial service this weekend in L.A.

I told her that I couldn't believe that I can now connect her to Kevin Bacon in just three steps.

reading his book right now. If you're a fan, it's quite good. He spills the beans on Jennifer Grey having her "silly" moments while trying to do serious scenes.
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    g under p wrote:
    May he rest in Paece.

A wonderful actor someone tell what was that movie he was in with all sorts of swords out in the desert?

Peace Rest In It

Maybe you can find it on his imdb page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000664/

I first thought it was To Wong Foo...
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    mbangel10 wrote:

reading his book right now. If you're a fan, it's quite good. He spills the beans on Jennifer Grey having her "silly" moments while trying to do serious scenes.

If it's the biography "One Last Dance", my boss' husband is quoted in it. I won't say names (obviously) but they were longtime friends. It's kind of surreal. It wasn't really something she talked about, but I got to hear a lot of Swayze stories over the last week, and I have to say... he was as nice a guy as anyone could have thought.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • mbangel10 wrote:
    mbangel10 wrote:

If it's the biography "One Last Dance", my boss' husband is quoted in it. I won't say names (obviously) but they were longtime friends. It's kind of surreal. It wasn't really something she talked about, but I got to hear a lot of Swayze stories over the last week, and I have to say... he was as nice a guy as anyone could have thought.

No, I meant his autobiography entitled "Time of my life." He wrote it before he passed. Very good read thus far.

No, I meant his autobiography entitled "Time of my life." He wrote it before he passed. Very good read thus far.

I think I'm going to have to pick that up. Thanks.
  • mbangel10 wrote:

I think I'm going to have to pick that up. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Time-My-Life-Patr ... 404&sr=8-1
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Watching Dirty Dancing with the wife. RIP
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Vaya con Dios, brah
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i thought this was a hoax...he's really dead??
    www.myspace.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    i thought this was a hoax...he's really dead??
    You serious Clarke?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Nobody puts baby in the corner
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Roadhouse.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    You're gonna be my every Saturday Night
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    BODHI!
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    LloydXmas wrote:

RIP Patrick Swayze or RIP your manhood? :o
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I learned ballet at the same studio that he trained.
    He is/was a super awesome dancer.

It's frucking sad. I never met another female dancer that didn't see him as the perfect partner.

He was so gifted at everything he did, not just acting.

Don't make me cry.... again.

Cancer doesn't pick favorites.
    LloydXmas wrote:

RIP Patrick Swayze or RIP your manhood? :o
    Some great movies make you put aside your man hood for a couple hours.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    real men can watch chick flicks with their women. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*