The Greatest Running Jokes on the Ten Club

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
This is with all apologies to Ants Marching as I'm totally stealing this idea from them, and I don't think it's been done in the Ten Club forums.

Obviously, this week has seen a lot of "jokes" and gags such as the dropping of leaks, or lack thereof over in the Porch section. I don't think AET has seen anything quite unintentionally hilarious until recently with the person "making the biggest decision of my life" about quitting their job to see Pearl Jam. I can see that becoming legendary in a few years from now. Half the people on the board are trying to figure out how to pay their mortgage this month and then that person posts that.

The "Pearl Jam playing at Fenway Park" subject/thread has now become a running joke in itself, as it happens every year and has been for the past decade or so.

What are your favorite jokes/running gags as it pertains to either the Ten Club or even all things Pearl Jam?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not my favourite, but the Boston Puker thread in GTF seemed to get a lot of mileage :mrgreen:

And thanks to Miss Ziggystar the Boston Puker himself is trying to score tickets to Philly (Good Luck Kenny ;) ) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Not my favourite, but the Boston Puker thread in GTF seemed to get a lot of mileage :mrgreen:

And thanks to Miss Ziggystar the Boston Puker himself is trying to score tickets to Philly (Good Luck Kenny ;) ) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    :lol: +1
  • Ashton Kutcher!!!
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Not my favourite, but the Boston Puker thread in GTF seemed to get a lot of mileage :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Good luck Kenny!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Boston Puker

Jeff Ament stole my basketball.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Boston Puker

Jeff Ament stole my basketball.

these two ... and maybe any topic discusssing Ed's White Pants.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Not seen that Jeff Ament basketball one.

Boston puke i think :)
  • fuck cincy.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    green tea disease
  • Boston Puke

Play Alpine Valley.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
    boston lou's birthday thread which made it to his next birthday
  • fuck cincy.........

hehehehehehehehehe
    Nice shirt.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    edited September 2009
    On April 1st I made a thread talking about how PJ was basically doing a reunion show with all the drummers playing their original material. Called the "Watch It Go To Fire Tour" for 2010.

I believe the joke "tour" thread was deleted, but here's a poster similar to what I designed, except this is from another thread pleading for them to to a "festival" like this with all the drummers playing all their material.

pjfestivalposter1mini2.jpg

...bigger poster image: http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1194 ... r1mini.jpg

...and here's the thread about the festival idea (not my "tour" rumor thread).
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98508
    Post edited by CJMST3K on
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    fuck cincy.........

hehehehehehehehehe

i don't give a rats ass...

• Play Alpine Valley.

One of my favorites. ;)

• Play Alpine Valley.

One of my favorites. ;)

hahahaha.

I think there was a running joke for a while about the clock on the ten club website always being wrong too. That went on for a while.
  • norm wrote:
    boston lou's birthday thread which made it to his next birthday

is that true? I don't remember that.
  • bean girl
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I get a chuckle every time I read fanch's "Pearl Jam to rerelease Riot Act" thread. Crass or not, that thing is funny.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • this was funny when icky thump came out, and still is, but...

stone gossard is both a pimp AND a prostitute.

jeff's basketball is also amazing.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Pics where Eddie looks like a Cat.

cute_cat01.jpg
  • norm wrote:
    green tea disease

:o :shock: :? That made me laugh :oops: :lol::lol::lol:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    fuck cincy.........
    HeavyHands wrote:
    I get a chuckle every time I read fanch's "Pearl Jam to rerelease Riot Act" thread. Crass or not, that thing is funny.
    norm wrote:
    green tea disease
    Play Alpine Valley.

The "Pearl Jam playing at Fenway Park" subject/thread has now become a running joke in itself, as it happens every year and has been for the past decade or so.

please play the south

these jokes to me sum up the board. the rest in this thread don't.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Perhaps just a short term memory, but yesterday's "Record Store" was pretty damn funny.

I also once finished second to someone (can't remember who) in a "Seinfeld" contest a couple years back.
    Perhaps just a short term memory, but yesterday's "Record Store" was pretty damn funny.

I also once finished second to someone (can't remember who) in a "Seinfeld" contest a couple years back.

I remember that competition!
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Perhaps just a short term memory, but yesterday's "Record Store" was pretty damn funny.

So Do I. I went on for too long for me :lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I bet! I don't know how you guys did it! How long did the competition end up lasting?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    ZiggyStar wrote:

hey i won that :mrgreen:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    hey i won that :mrgreen:[/quote]
    no shit!
    How long did you last, Mets?