Options

What letter you have? No C.O.D.E. LP

arqarq Posts: 7,940
edited May 9 in The Porch
I have to Cs (LP), and two Es (CD), what letter(s)do you have? What's the most common letter?
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by arq on

Comments

• Options
    arq wrote:
    I have to Cs (LP), and two Es (CD), what letter(s)do you have? What's the most common letters?

I have the O on LP and C.O.D.E on the Cds (the O I have double on the CD), getting the rest of the letters on LP would be great, but a bit of an investment so haven't really considered it...

No clue as to whether some are more common than others...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    we're not the only ones with this LP :shock:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,562
    I'll bite -- where am I looking for the letter?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    i have the D set, on cd i have em all!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    MrGibbons wrote:

bottom left corner of the back of the picture, a serial number, a dash and then a letter

here is the set of cd polaroids:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~groenf/images/nocode_cas_pol.jpg

here is the set of LP polaroids:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~groenf/images/nocode_lpcards.jpg
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    i have the D set, on cd i have em all!

Have you done something with that? i mean frame them or i don't know show them in anyway, i'm thinking in collect them all :ugeek:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I have the "E" on vinyl and haven't checked my Cd yet. To be honest I never knew of this before today. Thanks Arq.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    I knew there were multiple sets, but didn't know they were lettered. Just checked and I have the "O" set. I honestly kinda thought when I first heard that you could "collect em all", that that was kind of a rip off to the fans. "Buy 6 copies of our record to boost sales, and you still might not find all the pics". Didn't like that. Didn't like that at ALL.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    arq wrote:
    I have to Cs (LP), and two Es (CD), what letter(s)do you have? What's the most common letters?

I'd guess that each set was produced in equal quantities.

Would you like to trade one set of the pictures from the LP for set D (also from the LP)? I have 4 copies of No Code on vinyl and have 3 different sets, O, D (x2), & E. I'd love to get the missing set and complete the collection. We wouldn't have to trade records, just the pictures.
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I only have one CD of No Code :oops:
    My letter is D.
    And man, YES you have to frame your collection.
  • Options
    I have both the vinyl and cd of No Code...I'm at work right now and can't check what letter is on mine. This is the first I have heard of this though...had no idea there was a letter on each one. :o
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    I've got "D" in CD format.
    All shows in Albany, N.E., Montreal & Ottawa 1996-2012; Philly 2009
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    Ala Led Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door (6 covers, "A-F")...

"The original album featured an unusual gimmick: the album had an outer sleeve which was made to look like a plain brown paper bag, and the inner sleeve featured black and white line artwork which, if washed with water, would become permanently fully colored. There were also six different sleeves featuring a different pair of photos (one on each side; see images at right), and the external brown paper sleeve meant that it was impossible for record buyers to tell which sleeve they were getting. (There is actually a code on the spine of the album jacket, which indicated which sleeve it was—this could sometimes be seen while the record was still sealed.) The pictures all depicted the same scene in a bar (in which a man burns a Dear John letter), and each photo was taken from the separate point of view of someone who appeared in the other photos."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Through_the_Out_Door
  • Options
    fanofzs wrote:
    Ala Led Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door (6 covers, "A-F")...

"The original album featured an unusual gimmick: the album had an outer sleeve which was made to look like a plain brown paper bag, and the inner sleeve featured black and white line artwork which, if washed with water, would become permanently fully colored. There were also six different sleeves featuring a different pair of photos (one on each side; see images at right), and the external brown paper sleeve meant that it was impossible for record buyers to tell which sleeve they were getting. (There is actually a code on the spine of the album jacket, which indicated which sleeve it was—this could sometimes be seen while the record was still sealed.) The pictures all depicted the same scene in a bar (in which a man burns a Dear John letter), and each photo was taken from the separate point of view of someone who appeared in the other photos."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Through_the_Out_Door

well no code's package is nothing in comparison!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    years ago, when i was looking for the complete cd set of no code polaroids, a pawn shop keeper actually got so fed up with me wanting to look at every no code packaging he had, he kicked me out. I tried to explain to him that they were different, but he thought i was crazy, and out i went.
  • Options
    MrGibbons wrote:

bottom left corner of the back of the picture, a serial number, a dash and then a letter

here is the set of cd polaroids:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~groenf/images/nocode_cas_pol.jpg

here is the set of LP polaroids:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~groenf/images/nocode_lpcards.jpg
    how many shy of making the no code symbol are you with the full set? doesnt look like theres enough to do it there but has anyone every tried laying it out accordingly? thatd make some great wall art... not obnoxiously pearl jam-y but still secretly totally fanboy :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    how many shy of making the no code symbol are you with the full set? doesnt look like theres enough to do it there but has anyone every tried laying it out accordingly? thatd make some great wall art... not obnoxiously pearl jam-y but still secretly totally fanboy :)
    :lol: I'm trying!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    arq wrote:
    :lol: I'm trying!
    keep me posted... id be willing to hunt down a few copies if it looks good
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    I have the O set on LP and the O set on CD
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    years ago, when i was looking for the complete cd set of no code polaroids, a pawn shop keeper actually got so fed up with me wanting to look at every no code packaging he had, he kicked me out. I tried to explain to him that they were different, but he thought i was crazy, and out i went.

wanting to collect them all.... means to get the 144 polaroids :S
    which means, to have at least 16 version of No Code :S
    -- rafa
  • Options
    I'm quite happy to give my "d" pictures away to avid fans, they'll just get wrecked by the kids anyway.
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    My version didn't have any :(
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    Mine wrote:

You said " didn't have" any polariods,
    Have you discarded the cover?
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    Mine wrote:

what do you mean by that? I only have the CD btw. I was wondering if there were some later pressings that came without them.
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    Mine wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    Mine wrote:

what do you mean by that? I only have the CD btw. I was wondering if there were some later pressings that came without them.

what???? how come you only have the CD ? well, if you only have the CD, you do not have the "case" then, thus, nor the polaroids ^^

seriously ... what do you have?
    -- rafa
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191

wanting to collect them all.... means to get the 144 polaroids :S
    which means, to have at least 16 version of No Code :S

There are only four sets of ten polaroids, and some pictures are in more than one set. There are many pictures on the cover that were not included in the four sets

Mine wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    Mine wrote:

Yes, some later pressings of No Code did not include the polaroids. The cover for these ones also did not fold out to form the complete picture like the first pressings.
  • Options

what???? how come you only have the CD ? well, if you only have the CD, you do not have the "case" then, thus, nor the polaroids ^^

CD is supposed to mean CD version. It's the 484448-2 pressing. It's the one that opens in a 1x4 way thus destroying the No Code logo the polaroids form. It's an European edition.
  • Options
    Mine wrote:

CD is supposed to mean CD version. It's the 484448-2 pressing. It's the one that opens in a 1x4 way thus destroying the No Code logo the polaroids form. It's an European edition.

Ripped Off. Bummer.
    I have the same pressing number, purchased in Australia. Mine came with the polaroids.
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    Mine wrote:

Ripped Off. Bummer.
    I have the same pressing number, purchased in Australia. Mine came with the polaroids.
    I researched a little. It seems there are different versions with the same pressing number.
  • Options
    Mine wrote:

I've got this version, purchased in Europe.

If I now buy a 10C version through the site here, will it fold out to make the picture?
    And do the US versions still come with 9 polaroids?
    we're all going to the same place...