green bay all the way!!!

Comments

• marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 802
    What makes u think the outcome will be any different than when they met in November?
    Bring on the Cowgirls I can't fucking wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9nOzB4b62U
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • Hobbes you're a douche. Go Pack! I'll be at Lambeau if Dallas loses, but no way I would want to surround myself with arrogant Dallas fans. I have never met a classy Cowboys fan in my life.

i'm not a cowboys fan. i'm just saying that green bay will lose to dallas. and i guess i might be a douche. but an hour after the game is over i could really care less. it's just football. and for the LOVE of all things holy. please shut up (you and the media) about "how much fun" brett favre is having "out there". he plays a GAME for a living. wouldn't you have fun too? then again it does provide all the excuses people make for favre when he throws his typical interceptions and horrible decisions (all time interception leader baby!!)

i was really trying to make the point that it's damn funny when people use the term "we" when making reference to a sports team. there is no "we". you're a fan of the team just like you're the fan of pearl jam. when pearl jam puts on a great show do you say. "we did a great job last night guys.."? this, however, doesn't apply to college teams as long as you are enrolled in the school or are an alumni of the school.
  • marcdmbfan wrote:
    What makes u think the outcome will be any different than when they met in November?

It's a much different Packers team now. All of our key guys are back and healthy. We have a better running game now. Every wide reciever we have is a major threat. Oh and that old QB #4 still has some tricks left I think. :D

Bring on the Cowboys. I want the rematch and I think the Packers would like another shot at them. Besides Tony has other things on his mind. LOL
  • marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 802
    Couldn't agree more.
    hobbes wrote:
    i was really trying to make the point that it's damn funny when people use the term "we" when making reference to a sports team. there is no "we". you're a fan of the team just like you're the fan of pearl jam. when pearl jam puts on a great show do you say. "we did a great job last night guys.."? this, however, doesn't apply to college teams as long as you are enrolled in the school or are an alumni of the school.
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • hobbes wrote:
    i'm not a cowboys fan. i'm just saying that green bay will lose to dallas. and i guess i might be a douche. but an hour after the game is over i could really care less. it's just football. and for the LOVE of all things holy. please shut up (you and the media) about "how much fun" brett favre is having "out there". he plays a GAME for a living. wouldn't you have fun too? then again it does provide all the excuses people make for favre when he throws his typical interceptions and horrible decisions (all time interception leader baby!!)

The Packers are the only pro team that are owned by the fans. So when some fans say ''we'' are gonna beat Dallas. They mean it. LOL
  • hobbes wrote:

That is the most ridiculous comparison I've ever heard.

Hmm..maybe Brett does have some PJ similariities although....

-Struggled through addictions brought on by pain and WON. (Mike)

-Hugely popular early and came on fast, down time in between, now more "out there" then ever...

-Has dealt with more personal family tragedies than anyone else who comes to mind and overcame (well...not sure that has any PJ comparisons)

-Plays his ASS off everytime, straight forward, hardhitting, with a few screw-ups in between....hell, every Ed fan should love Favre! :)

Can't wait until next weekend!
  • The Packers are the only pro team that are owned by the fans. So when some fans say ''we'' are gonna beat Dallas. They mean it. LOL

Excellent point!! haha....although I do think I own PJ as well.. ;)
  • Kingmidget wrote:

-Hugely popular early and came on fast, down time in between, now more "out there" then ever...

-Has dealt with more personal family tragedies than anyone else who comes to mind and overcame (well...not sure that has any PJ comparisons)

-Plays his ASS off everytime, straight forward, hardhitting, with a few screw-ups in between....hell, every Ed fan should love Favre! :)

Best post ever. :D
  • The Packers are the only pro team that are owned by the fans. So when some fans say ''we'' are gonna beat Dallas. They mean it. LOL

well. unless said person actually owns some shares in the packers then they qualify. simply because SOME fans own shares doesn't mean all fans own shares.
  • Kingmidget wrote:

i wasn't making a comparison. i was using an example to prove a point.

and that's a mighty bold statement about overcoming more personal family tragedies. in fact. that's just ignorant. spare me that bullshit.

and i'm betting 99.99% of the players in the NFL play their asses off every single down of every single game. it's an elite field of employment and i'm sure they realize that they could be replaced at any time and not be missed. there are few (brady, manning) that couldn't be replaced. and yes. brett favre could be replaced by any decent quarterback. his play has been so sub-par since they won the super bowl it's amazing that he's still on the team. like last season when he threw all those interceptions and had a really shitty year. i can't believe the excuses and breaks he was given. he played like shit plain and simple.

and once again. IT'S HIS JOB. to play hard and compete at the highest level every sunday. so the media and fans need to get off that.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,994
    how is this thread even still alive? Use the sports category for this Green Bay BS
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    how is this thread even still alive? Use the sports category for this Green Bay BS

It's the weekend its slow around here. lol :D
  • hidinghiding Posts: 290
    i started this thread just cuz i know how passionate people get about football.

anyway i never said we but myself and my family does own shares in the GBP.

so i guess i can say "we" never thought about that but

WE SURE DID KICK SOME ASS YESTERDAY!!
    watching the cowboys right now and they look good. hey they are a good team and i think that the pack will have a tough day with them. i love the game and as long as it is well played gr8!

i hope the pack kicks there ass, that said they are tough.

but "WE" should win...
    one love

respect
  • hobbes wrote:
    i wasn't making a comparison. i was using an example to prove a point.

and that's a mighty bold statement about overcoming more personal family tragedies. in fact. that's just ignorant. spare me that bullshit.

and i'm betting 99.99% of the players in the NFL play their asses off every single down of every single game. it's an elite field of employment and i'm sure they realize that they could be replaced at any time and not be missed. there are few (brady, manning) that couldn't be replaced. and yes. brett favre could be replaced by any decent quarterback. his play has been so sub-par since they won the super bowl it's amazing that he's still on the team. like last season when he threw all those interceptions and had a really shitty year. i can't believe the excuses and breaks he was given. he played like shit plain and simple.

and once again. IT'S HIS JOB. to play hard and compete at the highest level every sunday. so the media and fans need to get off that.

A confused young person...just fes up and tell us you have personal issues w/ Brett. Well, I guess thats already clear..
  • LukinFan wrote:

Sorry, but GB just beat Ed and Jeffs fav team and it is pretty drab here
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Sorry, but GB just beat Ed and Jeffs fav team and it is pretty drab here
    Not Ed's favorite team- Ed's favorite team beat the Packers TWICE this year

Go Bears!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• hobbes wrote:
    well. unless said person actually owns some shares in the packers then they qualify. simply because SOME fans own shares doesn't mean all fans own shares.

I own shares...na na na nana na ;)

I'm sure this thread will be moved soon, but all good fun...

What about those Chargers ehhhh???
    Kingmidget wrote:

I'm sure this thread will be moved soon...

God, WE all hope so
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan wrote:

Yup that was your entire season. Congrats to you. :)

This thread cracks me up. :D
  • LukinFan wrote:

Maybe...he seems to hit more SH games than Bears....from what I've been told. But ya know...we in the Midwest are the most informed....

A Cubs fan does not equal a Bears fan....if thats your idea. If its true...sorry ED. Maybe a supermodel will hook up w/ the Bears QB... ;)
  • LukinFan wrote:
    God, WE all hope so

WE...are you a cult member? Sorry dude your team was/is pathetic...enjoy the rest of the season!

Brett...thanks for being the sportsman/competitor you are, above anyone prior or present, and thanks for all the memories..old and new!
  • Brady's a puss.. everytime he gets sacked or someone drops a pass he gets pissy. Did you see how pissed he got at his kicker for missing a FG yesterday.
    He's a whiny piece o shit that has a great O-line...his day will come.

Favre is the man. He has real class.
    the Minions
  • Kingmidget wrote:
    A confused young person...just fes up and tell us you have personal issues w/ Brett. Well, I guess thats already clear..

issues with brett favre? you're making me out be more than pathetic. he seems like a nice enough guy. but really he's just another person that i wouldn't waste my precious time caring about (or any other professional athlete for that matter).

i do love football. but i don't care at all about any of them individually. its just football and far from being the best or most entertaining sport in the world.
  • Brady's a puss.. everytime he gets sacked or someone drops a pass he gets pissy. Did you see how pissed he got at his kicker for missing a FG yesterday.

I did see that after the kicker missed. No matter what he's still a great QB.

But he's no Brett Favre thats for sure. :D
  • hobbes wrote:
    issues with brett favre? you're making me out be more than pathetic. he seems like a nice enough guy. but really he's just another person that i wouldn't waste my precious time caring about (or any other professional athlete for that matter).

i do love football. but i don't care at all about any of them individually. its just football and far from being the best or most entertaining sport in the world.
    /

Ya...funny how this relates to so many other things... " Eds just a singer/guitartist...just another person I wouldn't waste my time caring about".

Pretty common ehhh? But we've stuck with him...OK Ed's an "artist"...sorry, but Favre is an athlete AND an artist to many people. Creativity abounds dude...
  • Kingmidget wrote:
    /

Ya...funny how this relates to so many other things... " Eds just a singer/guitartist...just another person I wouldn't waste my time caring about".

Pretty common ehhh? But we've stuck with him...OK Ed's an "artist"...sorry, but Favre is an athlete AND an artist to many people. Creativity abounds dude...

well if you choose not to care about eddie then i guess thats yours or anyone else's prerogative. i'm sure there are a lot of people out there that could care less about eddie vedder. i was expressing my viewpoint on the way our culture has come to value people such as football players over say..elementary school teachers. i, on the other hand, choose not to care about professional athletes. they don't even compare to musicians or other artists in my opinion
  • Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • home field good job ny
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • hobbes wrote:
    well if you choose not to care about eddie then i guess thats yours or anyone else's prerogative. i'm sure there are a lot of people out there that could care less about eddie vedder. i was expressing my viewpoint on the way our culture has come to value people such as football players over say..elementary school teachers. i, on the other hand, choose not to care about professional athletes. they don't even compare to musicians or other artists in my opinion

Then go to another post nya dweeb....

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Giants at GTB...yaBABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Thank You New York :D