Options

OUT OF MY MIND?

Comments

• Options
    I would kill a small animal to hear this song live. A sacrifice if you will.
  • Options
    always just thought of this as an improv...kinda like "fuck me in the brain" or ramblings 3 or whatever that improv was called before interrupted by thrown shoe...few improvs have made it onto official/fanclub releases...but by no means are "official songs" that we will ever hear live again...i think we have a better chance of hearing ed's "homeless" or "just wanted you to know" from his bad radio days before we'd ever hear out of my mind
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    but while we are on the topic of improvs...two of my favorite improves are from the 95 tour:

"seven years waiting" or "seven years gone by now" (seen em titled both on several different bootlegs)

and my all time favorite imprive by them:

"open road" this one is just badass, chilling and bluesy...love the line about "all my life i had empty pockets..."
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    danny72688 wrote:
    I would kill a small animal to hear this song live. A sacrifice if you will.

I'm with you.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    ohh fuck, i remember that 7 years song.. i have it on a tape somewhere.. titled "7 years ago tonight"...
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    ohh fuck, i remember that 7 years song.. i have it on a tape somewhere.. titled "7 years ago tonight"...

yeah but open road is much better
  • Options
    yataheyatahe New Mexico Posts: 168
    used this song as a soundtrack to my 1st skydiving video =)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=61499828
    THAT was amazing! Thanks for sharing. :D
    *KRISTAL*XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1434776887
    kristal_007@msn.com
  • Options
    always just thought of this as an improv...kinda like "fuck me in the brain" or ramblings 3 or whatever that improv was called before interrupted by thrown shoe...few improvs have made it onto official/fanclub releases...but by no means are "official songs" that we will ever hear live again...i think we have a better chance of hearing ed's "homeless" or "just wanted you to know" from his bad radio days before we'd ever hear out of my mind

Good luck trying to explain that to these people. They obviously don't get it.
  • Options
    I will personally give everyone on this board $1,000 if they ever play Out of My Mind again.

Not gonna happen.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Dreams, thou art dashed.

*accepts truth, moves on*
  • Options
    Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    I will personally give everyone on this board $1,000 if they ever play Out of My Mind again.

Not gonna happen.

Well, looks like you need to pay up slightofjeff!! I'll take cash or cashier's check thank you...for all those who witnessed this rarity hope it was memorable...any vids yet?? gotta see this..
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,059

Not gonna happen.

As EV said last night, get out the checkbook Jeff! You know where to mail it to and who to make it out to...
    -EV
  • Options

Not gonna happen.

As EV said last night, get out the checkbook Jeff! You know where to mail it to and who to make it out to...
    -EV

Were you one of the lucky ones? did your jaw drop EV?
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,059
    RJNadge4 wrote:

Not gonna happen.

-EV

Were you one of the lucky ones? did your jaw drop EV?

Indeed I was and a little more...not only did my jaw drop but I went "Out of My Mind". ooh that was bad but it deserves it! Thanx to all who made it happen!
  • Options
    Were you one of the lucky ones? did your jaw drop EV?[/quote]

Indeed I was and a little more...not only did my jaw drop but I went "Out of My Mind". ooh that was bad but it deserves it! Thanx to all who made it happen![/quote]

It did deserve it...and the list of why PJ is the greatest band just gets longer and longer.

I would like to think they will play this a few more times (MSG IN MAY??)
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    I dont care what anyone says...ITS A SONG NOT A JAM!!! last night proved it.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,323

Not gonna happen.
    slightofjeff... last seen hauling ass to Mexico chased by a thousand board members!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:

Not gonna happen.
    slightofjeff... last seen hauling ass to Mexico chased by a thousand board members!
    :lol::lol::lol:

I need that check to pay for this week...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Of course I missed this last night!
  • Options
    Here my video from 6th Row Center

OUT OF MY MIND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvn6uNZZX4
  • Options
    My God, it happened.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    i love it..Eddie vocals are great
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,983

Not gonna happen.
    Pay Up Sucker!!!!! :mrgreen: PM me for my paypal acct info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFypyjFv ... re=related

Better sound than above with Ed's "get out your checkbook" intro!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

Not gonna happen.

ha! good vid - nice intro Ed...so where is sleightofjeff??
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I assume Nixon is the the 10C member who is almost as poor as slightofjeff right now...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,983
    RJNadge4 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Not gonna happen.

have a feeling, if he's here, he's invisible!!! And very very quiet!!!1 :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ed actually called you out sleightofjeff...!

"Vedder told the audience that a fan had offered a substantial charitable donation if the band would play "Out of My Mind," which was released 15 years ago as a live B-side on the "Not for You" single."

I am proud this thread made the Spectrum finale so special.
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    RJNadge4 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Not gonna happen.

Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. That money could be mighty useful after last weekend.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    I couldn't believe what my ears heard during soundcheck and then for them to actually play it. I was going batshit crazy during out of my mind.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,600
    Not sure whether this has already been mentioned:

For the uber-PJ geek that's likely to find this interesting, the song was listed as "Outta My Mind" on the setlist,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore