Options

When did Riot Act get awesome?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    falcon wrote:
    Ever since No Code, they have been really treating their fans with remarkable respect in writing songs that aren't meant to be catchy on the first listen, but are meant to grow and get more complex and beautiful with each successive listen. Like great wine. Binaural is DEFINITELY one of those albums, and Riot Act is also.

totally...

I'd like to call it "artsy", and that PJ period came to an end with the avocado thing... that's poppy.

And that's that.

Now, about the original post question. I'd say since the avocado was released. Now that a lot of RA haters are fed up with the shanias, they're developing more appreciation for the real pj feel. Welcome back, enjoy.
    Alt-Wrong
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    mjb wrote:
    Just popped it in and realized how much it has grown on me.

Can't Keep
    Save You
    LBC
    I Am Mine
    You Are
    All or None

There is some good shit there. Love it when that happens.

Peace.

i dont NORMALLY listen to Riot Act on a regular basis. However, one morning not too long ago, it was cold and dark and I went for a drive and put Riot Act on. Man oh man. That disc is a great one. Its not my FAVORITE. But it was good company that cold morning in cali. There ARE some gems on there. I must say, Im more of a rockin out kinda person and not into the "slow jams" but.......Thumbing My WAy is GREAT.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    falcon wrote:
    Ever since No Code, they have been really treating their fans with remarkable respect in writing songs that aren't meant to be catchy on the first listen, but are meant to grow and get more complex and beautiful with each successive listen. Like great wine. Binaural is DEFINITELY one of those albums, and Riot Act is also.

very well said - ITA!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!