Options

Camden 1: Ruined,

13»

Comments

• Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Exactly 3 pints with a fine dinner, then a few puffs right before the lights go out...Im good to go!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    se7v7en wrote:
    . I rem YLB and thinking its over already?

I got home and saw that i sent around 40 texts trying to locate the people i came with (who were all also alone).

These 2 lines are the best.

I sympathize, I have behaved badly at shows (although I was underage at the time) as a result of being too insanely intoxicated on something or other.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    I've tasted
    a show wasted
    I'm never doing Jack again
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I've tasted
    a show wasted

jaeger for me

never again

It happens to the best of us man.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    At'll lern ye.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    i used to try to get drunk before shows. But I stopped that. I have a few in the parking lot. 1 or 2 in the arena/ampitheater, usually gone before the end of the opener.... Just enough to feel good... and not have to pee after the show starts.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    se7v7en wrote:
    Anyone ever have a simlar experience?......
    I got to Camden around 5:30 without havin eaten anything since 11 am. The group I came with (8 people) wanted to do power hr but I refused, thinking id get too intoxicated before an important night.

They insisted so we settled on a case race instead thinking i could just drink however much or little i decided. About an hr later, I was still starving and threw back a few cookies and brownies. Now I was def drunker than expected, probably due to the lack of food and totally forgot that the brownies were for my sister and her friends for a "special" reason. I had never had any type of drug before and an hr later was about the last thing i remember clearly. Dont know if the problem was the alchohol, brownies, but i guess it was both.

Once in the venue I had lost 6 of the people we came with. Shorty after finding my seat, I remember H2I and corduroy (prolly bc i was pissed i saw the exact 2 1st songs at roo). After that I rem bits in pieces of songs. I rem YLB and thinking its over already?

I got home and saw that i sent around 40 texts trying to locate the people i came with (who were all also alone). I am still so upset I basically missed a show Ive been so excited to see for months.

I'm still heading up to MSG 1 and plan on totally redeaming myself, but still...

Anyone else ever screw up and cause yourself to have a terrible pj experience that you regret?

So, how was MSG ;)?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I enjoyed Camden 1.. I don't see why there is a need to take drugs at a show or drink and drink until you can just remember HT1, Corduroy and Ledbetter. What a waste of time in my opinion. A few beers sure but not until you pass out or just flat can't remember.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    The Champ wrote:
    So, how was MSG ;)?

How would he know? He's probably still walking around Camden looking for his car.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    I've tasted
    a show wasted

quick!
    put that in your siggy!

:)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    My daughter has from the age of 8 to 14 witnessed enough idiot behavior at shows to see what excessive drinking does to people and how it makes them act, and wants no part of it. And we've seen it all - drinking, puking, fighting, pissing, (as we were pulling into our parking space at Mansfield, she noticed a guy who had it out and was just merrily peeing away!) people passed out (she took a picture of this one guy at Lolla who was passed out and shared it with all her friends via myspace and they all giggled over it - fair game I guess). If you can't serve as a role model you'll have to serve as a bad example I guess. I'd rather remember the show thanks.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    the drugs dont bother me,
    but the drunkards do.

why the fuck do you go to a show like this if you cant remember and enjoy it ?

I agree.

I have no idea why people think it's cool to get drunk as hell at a show...How do you enjoy it?...I don't know, I don't understand it..I want to all my senses so I can enjoy the show as much as possible. :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    i went to see metallica recently, (who i used to be into but now its nostalgia really, it was a festival so it ad to be done for the laugh) drank a whole bottle of wine, half a keg if not more of beer then a few beers in the venue and i remember absolutely everything clearly up unitl metallica came on, then wham! the rest of the night is in snippets. But apparently i had a great time, i've seen videos of me and im glad i was happy, not obtruive or aggressive and i seemed like a fun guy to be aorund at the time. I remember being happy and it was just metallica so f**k it!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    The Champ wrote:
    So, how was MSG ;)?

Good, but i was too sober.
  • Options
    I can't wait to get the boot from Camden 1. That night's tailgate was incredible. A little too incredible.
    6/3/06 East Rutherford
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    6/19/08 Camden
    6/20/08 Camden
    6/22/08 DC
    6/25/08 MSG
    8/4/08 EV NYC
    8/5/08 EV NYC
    8/7/08 EV Newark
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    se7v7en wrote:
    Once in the venue I had lost 6 of the people we came with. Shorty after finding my seat, I remember H2I and corduroy (prolly bc i was pissed i saw the exact 2 1st songs at roo). After that I rem bits in pieces of songs. I rem YLB and thinking its over already?

I got home and saw that i sent around 40 texts trying to locate the people i came with (who were all also alone). I am still so upset I basically missed a show Ive been so excited to see for months.

Were you wearing a Penn State (and no offense to anyone at that school -- I like Penn State!) shirt or something similar? About 10 minutes before the band took the stage, I saw someone like you outside the men's room looking all confused and texting on his phone. If it was you, you definitely looked confused and me and my friend were pretty sure you were about to hurl. Again, not sure if it was you, but sure sounds like it was.

Whether that was you or not, the friggin' show hadn't even started and to be that fucked-up is just a waste! I'm OK w/ throwing back a few brews or whatever and definitely smoking a jay as the band takes the stage, but no point in being so wasted that you can't remember the show. Waste of an evening!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    edpearson wrote:
    Were you wearing a Penn State (and no offense to anyone at that school -- I like Penn State!) shirt or something similar? About 10 minutes before the band took the stage, I saw someone like you outside the men's room looking all confused and texting on his phone. If it was you, you definitely looked confused and me and my friend were pretty sure you were about to hurl. Again, not sure if it was you, but sure sounds like it was.

Whether that was you or not, the friggin' show hadn't even started and to be that fucked-up is just a waste! I'm OK w/ throwing back a few brews or whatever and definitely smoking a jay as the band takes the stage, but no point in being so wasted that you can't remember the show. Waste of an evening!

No, I had the imagine in cornice shirt on
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    That pretty much sums up the last three pj shows i've been to.
    Continental 2 in 06 me and my buddy finish bottle of kettle one before our tailgate and then proceed to throw down 10+ beers in parking lot. I remembered maybe four songs from that show. Vowed never to do it again.

Well Vic theatre last summer it happened again, vodka car bombs and tequilla spells disaster nearly got kicked out before the show and rememer bits and pieces. Lolla was similar too.

this time for these MSG shows i am pacing myself.

Woa ... The VIC CONCERT ... U were to WASTED ... I'm so biting my tongue ... that was a show so many of us so WANTED to go to!!!!!!!!!!

Three PJ shows wasted to that degree, partying is one thing ...

Try something new next show. Stay sober and actually FEEL the music. Might be a whole new experience for ya.
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    A buzz whether it be pot or alcohol makes any show funner because it loosens me up and I go extra crazy.

I always am careful to not over indulge so I can remember the show.

I try to follow the two beer/ one toke per hour rule to keep my head on straight.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)