Options

Camden 1: Ruined,

se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Anyone ever have a simlar experience?......
I got to Camden around 5:30 without havin eaten anything since 11 am. The group I came with (8 people) wanted to do power hr but I refused, thinking id get too intoxicated before an important night.

They insisted so we settled on a case race instead thinking i could just drink however much or little i decided. About an hr later, I was still starving and threw back a few cookies and brownies. Now I was def drunker than expected, probably due to the lack of food and totally forgot that the brownies were for my sister and her friends for a "special" reason. I had never had any type of drug before and an hr later was about the last thing i remember clearly. Dont know if the problem was the alchohol, brownies, but i guess it was both.

Once in the venue I had lost 6 of the people we came with. Shorty after finding my seat, I remember H2I and corduroy (prolly bc i was pissed i saw the exact 2 1st songs at roo). After that I rem bits in pieces of songs. I rem YLB and thinking its over already?

I got home and saw that i sent around 40 texts trying to locate the people i came with (who were all also alone). I am still so upset I basically missed a show Ive been so excited to see for months.

I'm still heading up to MSG 1 and plan on totally redeaming myself, but still...

Anyone else ever screw up and cause yourself to have a terrible pj experience that you regret?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Aliveguy1Aliveguy1 Posts: 50
    No. You are an embarrassment.
    4.7.94 9.29.96 10.1.96 6.29.98 8.20,22,23,25,26.98 9.10,11,13,15,16,19.98 8.3,4,6.00 8.23-25,27,28,29.00, 10.4.00, 10.9.00 4.29,30.03, 5.3.03 6.29.03 7.8,9,12.03 9.15,16.05; 6.24,25,27,28,30.08
  • Options
    se7v7en wrote:
    I got to Camden around 5:30 without havin eaten anything since 11 am. The group I came with (8 people) wanted to do power hr but I refused, thinking id get too intoxicated before an important night.

They insisted so we settled on a case race instead thinking i could just drink however much or little i decided. About an hr later, I was still starving and threw back a few cookies and brownies. Now I was def drunker than expected, probably due to the lack of food and totally forgot that the brownies were for my sister and her friends for a "special" reason. I had never had any type of drug before and an hr later was about the last thing i remember clearly. Dont know if the problem was the alchohol, brownies, but i guess it was both.

Once in the venue I had lost 6 of the people we came with. Shorty after finding my seat, I remember H2I and corduroy (prolly bc i was pissed i saw the exact 2 1st songs at roo). After that I rem bits in pieces of songs. I rem YLB and thinking its over already?

I got home and saw that i sent around 40 texts trying to locate the people i came with (who were all also alone). I am still so upset I basically missed a show Ive been so excited to see for months.

I'm still heading up to MSG 1 and plan on totally redeaming myself, but still...

Anyone else ever screw up and cause yourself to have a terrible pj experience that you regret?

no, but can you bring those brownies to MSG?
    6/26-27/98, 6/13/99, 8/15/00, 10/12/00, 10/17-18/00, 12/09/02, 4/03/03, 6/09-10/03, 10/22/03, 9/28/04, 10/05/04, 8/29/05, 9/11-12-13/05, 5/27-28/06, 7/2-3/06, 7/22-23/06, VIC, 8/5/07, 6/24-25/08...
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Drugs are just bad (slimshady told me)
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    no, but can you bring those brownies to MSG?

Yea!!!!!!!!! Where's the meet up!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    se7v7en wrote:

That pretty much sums up the last three pj shows i've been to.
    Continental 2 in 06 me and my buddy finish bottle of kettle one before our tailgate and then proceed to throw down 10+ beers in parking lot. I remembered maybe four songs from that show. Vowed never to do it again.

Well Vic theatre last summer it happened again, vodka car bombs and tequilla spells disaster nearly got kicked out before the show and rememer bits and pieces. Lolla was similar too.

this time for these MSG shows i am pacing myself.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the drugs dont bother me,
    but the drunkards do.

why the fuck do you go to a show like this if you cant remember and enjoy it ?
    :confused:

smoke all the weed you want- but dont smoke them damn cigarettes ( they smell horrible and just in genreal are disgusting ) - that means you too eddie !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    You don't need drugs to make a Pearl Jam concert better unless you aren't a big fan of them.. Hearing the band alone is enough of a drug to numb your body with excitement!

I can't imagine smoking up before a show. At most I'll have a few beers to loosin' up.
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    HaHa!

Sucks to be you. Serve ya right, I say.
  • Options
    That pretty much sums up the last three pj shows i've been to.
    Continental 2 in 06 me and my buddy finish bottle of kettle one before our tailgate and then proceed to throw down 10+ beers in parking lot. I remembered maybe four songs from that show. Vowed never to do it again.

Well Vic theatre last summer it happened again, vodka car bombs and tequilla spells disaster nearly got kicked out before the show and rememer bits and pieces. Lolla was similar too.

this time for these MSG shows i am pacing myself.

Like hell you are.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    Like hell you are.

I got a fresh bottle of K1 ready to go. Looks like i'm heading down a familiar road yet again. Oh well.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    sounds like you're a lightweight, maybe you should stick to milk and cookies.
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sounds like your a lightweight, maybe you should stick to milk and cookies.

my thoughts exactly.

except I thought you're.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    i had a bad experience with some excedrin at a sb show a few years back.

i learned my lesson and no longer take pills from strangers.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I try to stay "sober" for all PJ shows. I was only really messed up for two shows and I've regretted basically wasting a show. I still had a good time, but I try to treasure each show and not have to worry about forgetting certain parts. It also makes it more enjoyable for those sitting around me.
  • Options
    sounds like your a lightweight, maybe you should stick to milk and cookies.

Not at all. I won a drinking contest in mexico this winter. Thats why it took me by such suprize. I couldnt believe it when I woke up the next morning. I think not eating comboed witht the brownies was the problem
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    I try to stay "sober" for all PJ shows. I was only really messed up for two shows and I've regretted basically wasting a show. I still had a good time, but I try to treasure each show and not have to worry about forgetting certain parts. It also makes it more enjoyable for those sitting around me.

Yeah, I dont think the fans next to me could have been to pleased. But I def plan on never making the same mistake again
  • Options
    se7v7en wrote:
    Not at all. I won a drinking contest in mexico this winter. Thats why it took me by such suprize. I couldnt believe it when I woke up the next morning. I think not eating comboed witht the brownies was the problem

Watch Out! this guy won a drinking contest.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    HaHa!

Sucks to be you. Serve ya right, I say.

Thanks
  • Options

Yeah, he is obviously some sort of superior being.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options

dont worry, from reading ure previous posts, Im sure you could have taken the crown instead
  • Options
    se7v7en wrote:
    dont worry, from reading ure previous posts, Im sure you could have taken the crown instead

Trust me. We could. That isn't even a debate.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    se7v7en wrote:

I did a similar stunt when Farmaid came to Pittsburgh, however many years ago it was. Except I ended up with a huge gash on my leg and various other cuts and bruises. And a very pissed off friend. Never again I said and meant it! Definitely pace myself now, especially for a PJ show. Some of the lesser important shows are a little hazy... When I went to see Eddie solo in Santa Cruz I only drank a half a beer cause I wanted to remember every second.

All in all I learned a valuable lesson as you did too. Sucks but what you gonna do? :)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    before the show started in va beach they hauled some guy out in their golf cart things. guy couldn't even sit up right on the seat.

before the show!

what a fucking waste.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    se7v7en wrote:

Its on. put your title on the line. Drink off. Pre MSG 1. Mustang Sallys. well see who's the champ and who's the chump.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    Its on. put your title on the line. Drink off. Pre MSG 1. Mustang Sallys. well see who's the champ and who's the chump.

haha, Ill start rem pj shows again next summer. And this contest i speak us was santioned by real live mexicans, so well need some of those.
  • Options
    se7v7en wrote:
    haha, Ill start rem pj shows again next summer. And this contest i speak us was santioned by real live mexicans, so well need some of those.

Shouldn't be a problem. I'll go round some up right now from the 7-11 parking lot. Might have to buy 'em lunch though.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    Shouldn't be a problem. I'll go round some up right now from the 7-11 parking lot. Might have to buy 'em lunch though.

Ahahaha.

Lets do this.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    hearing that some of you have made the same mistake before makes me feel a little better about the "waste". At least I learned the lesson before MSG.
  • Options
    Ahahaha.

Lets do this.

Are you gonna bring the Sake
  • Options
    hahahah I've been so drunk i forgot some concerts, 06 Continental 1 i was pretty bad, rememeber like 3 songs, I try not to get that hammered anymore.

I saw Foo Fighters @ Roseland years ago & i don't remeber even going.

One time at a jam show im talking to my friend after it. He's like IN my tree was amazing tonight, im like umm, they didn't even play it, lol
    "no more crowbars to my head"