Options

Open with Of The Girl in Toronto....

edited September 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Never had that tune here yet, boys!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    That would be amazing. I would love of the girl to open toronto!

Get some binaural love going!
  • Options
    Would be nice, had the pleasure of hearing them open with it at Camden 2 in 2000.

Probably my favorite from Binaural.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    or oceans ... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    I love this song (and Can't Keep) as an opener, but I would also love to hear it as an encore with a nice, lenghty jam. Someday...
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,005
    Of the girl and oceans, both great choices.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    No! Don't! or i will go insane!
  • Options
    chris32482chris32482 Posts: 213
    mini_tb wrote:
    I love this song (and Can't Keep) as an opener, but I would also love to hear it as an encore with a nice, lenghty jam. Someday...

Errgh.. "Can't Keep" is probably my least favorite PJ song. I like 99% of their catalogue, but for some reason I could never get into that one.
  • Options
    staz17staz17 Posts: 88
    of the girl or oceans +1...great call
  • Options
    tsaraxtsarax Buffalo, NY Posts: 245
    polaris_x wrote:
    or oceans ... :mrgreen:

I'm with you!!
    05-02-03 Buffalo; 07-12-03 Hershey; 09-13-05 Hamilton; 09-19-05 Toronto; 05-10-06 Toronto; 06-27-08 Hartford; 08-21-09 Toronto; 05-09-10 Cleveland; 05-10-10 Buffalo; 09-11-11 Toronto; 09-15-11 Hamilton; 07-16-13 London; 05-10-16 Toronto
  • Options
    How about crown of thorns?

:P
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    mini_tb wrote:

yeahhh can't keep at hartford 08 as an opener was a very special treat...u could see all the noobs going "what song is this?"

still dying to hear "of the girl" crossing fingers pho philly
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    .[/quote]

Errgh.. "Can't Keep" is probably my least favorite PJ song. I like 99% of their catalogue, but for some reason I could never get into that one.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that.

I hold this to be their best opening song for any album.

Further, the 1st 3 tracks of Riot Act are the best place 3 songs of any album, that is not named 10.

I never get tired of Can't Keep.

The drums and Eddie voice, both build like the biggest of waves and then explode.

"I want a last breath
    I don't let out"

Being a swimmer I can so relate to these lyrics.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    That would be a sweet opener.
    I can't wait to see the setlist and hear the fanviews of tonights show, makes me more pumped up for my shows only a month left woohooh.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Your wish was answered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, very lucky indeed, I am sure you were on a different planet for 3 minutes.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Makes my blood boil!
  • Options
    BS98229BS98229 Posts: 4
    Great concert in Toronto last night......the special night they put on for us with the opening acts member not being able to get across the boarder, was amazing. Each guy definitely had a different sound compared to the Pearl Jam sound but it was great to hear. I pitty anyone who missed Eddie's pre-show performance.

Now getting to the concert was another issue (crazy temporary fences everywhere for the CNE). There was about 10-15 of us trying to get out to start walking east instead of west towards the amphitheatre.

Good times.
    Brad
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    lucky ckuffers!
    ;)
    glad you got your wish!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    mini_tb wrote:

Great minds think alike. I feel the same way, I just looooooooove those 2 songs! Heard Can't Keep as an opener (Melb 3 '03) and it was great. Have yet to hear OTG and it's the song I most want to hear of theirs live, with Release opening one of the shows (am going to 4 Australian shows). That would be unbelievable! :D
  • Options
    staz17staz17 Posts: 88
    I guarantee they read this after hearing of the girl...so pumped. show was unreal. see you again soon boys. thanks
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,556
    I swear to god that the band reads these threads. It just seems that too many wishes come true on here setlist wise...

Amazing.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    OTG was AWESOME last night, just fucking amazing!

Thanks PJ!!!!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Best. Thread. Ever.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    JaySinJaySin Posts: 87
    I picked up a medium t-shirt last night but need it in large. Fits pretty slim. Anyone want to trade? Send me a PM.

P1010001_1-1.jpg

P1010002_1-1.jpg
  • Options
    I told my friends before the show about this thread, and that if I could pick any opener it would be Of the Girl.

I also said there was 0% chance they would play it. I will not live that one down, but i couldnt have been happier
    "Delight in your youth"

GO PITT
  • Options

I didn't get off that planet until the wee hours of the morning.

I don't know if it was karma or if somebody reads these threads...........But I just want to say a BIG, THANK YOU! (if you do indeed read and follow up on these things)

BEAUTIFUL!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128

Thanks for this request - Can't Keep and Of the Girl for my last two show openers were stunning.
    the boys must have follow these boards...what a show, what a opener.

Now I know how request before a show.
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,119

I didn't get off that planet until the wee hours of the morning.

I don't know if it was karma or if somebody reads these threads...........But I just want to say a BIG, THANK YOU! (if you do indeed read and follow up on these things)

BEAUTIFUL!

Congrats for a wish granted!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    RJNadge4 wrote:

Thanks for this request - Can't Keep and Of the Girl for my last two show openers were stunning.
    the boys must have follow these boards...what a show, what a opener.

Now I know how request before a show.

If in fact they do read this boards....... Thanks indeed to the OP.... for screwing us out of a good opener! :D
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    This was such an awesome opener, I'm glad you got your song BeerBaron. While they were playing it I was thinking to myself "somewhere amongst this insane crowd BeerBaron is a happy camper"
  • Options
    ..............and then the birthday comes around and Binaural is wrapped up. Of The Girl has never sounded better, except for live in Toronto.