Options

Spin - Backspacer review

2»

Comments

• Options
    pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Mr. Pink, it's one opinion, relax, the review is positive. That's a good thing. Is it September yet?
    I think you missed Mr Pinks point entirely.
    He is saying that most reviews of PJ albums post No Code sound the same including the same old PJ cliches like 'they're back'. Also I think similar things were said of Avocado and now people(journalists) are referring to that as a poor album. Why? Cos it didn't sell millions and millions? Hmm...Riot Act was a little poor in patches but Avocado was great from start to finish with exception of Parachutes.

They reviewer is clearly not a fan judging by his forgetfulness regarding the first 3 tunes from Avocado. The Fixer doesn't even have the same amount of punch.

I've come to ignore reviews of their albums cos I don't need one.
    I love PJ to bits and will do til the day I die, but it was noce to read a favourable review no matter how generic it was.
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Goddammit I can't wait for this album.

JUST LEAK ALREADY!!

Call me weak. Call me a bad fan. Tell me I'm ruining the "experience" but I don't know how much longer I can wait for hearing this album.

(Did the reviewer not listen to the last album. Life Wasted-WWS-Comatose is one HELL of a energetic first three)

You're a bad fan. ;)

But seriously ... I refuse to listen to this album until 9/20. As much as I want to.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Goddammit I can't wait for this album.

JUST LEAK ALREADY!!

Call me weak. Call me a bad fan. Tell me I'm ruining the "experience" but I don't know how much longer I can wait for hearing this album.

(Did the reviewer not listen to the last album. Life Wasted-WWS-Comatose is one HELL of a energetic first three)

You're a bad fan. ;)

But seriously ... I refuse to listen to this album until 9/20. As much as I want to.

I'm the opposite...I want to wait but given the opportunity to hear it before then I'm afraid there's no way I could resist
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    mrpink90 wrote:
    LOL, these reviews kill me. WHy does just about every single review of a new pearl jam album always have to include phrases such as "return to form", "pearl jam is back", "best album in a decade", "pearl jam sounds invigorated", "eddie isnt pissed off anymore".

This review is littered with crap like that, even the headline "Alive again"...."The band hasn't put together a trifecta this energized and from the gut in a decade"....."when Eddie Vedder pulls out that indignant yet inclusive snarl and proclaims "When somethings gone, I wanna fight to get it back again", you can probably assume "it" is his bands mojo."....."For the first time in years, Pearl Jam are seizing the moment rather than wallowing in it. "

These type of reviews started with Yield and havent stopped. These reviewers cant get past 90s pearl jam, they bring it up in every review. Just talk about the new songs and how they sound and stop with the "return to form", "alive again" bs

agreed....I'm listening to avocado a lot now and it is a great album....those reviewers don't know shit but it is nice to see a good review at release because I think it takes awhile for the new stuff to sink in
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana