Surfing Thread ((((_

Comments

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    booomm11 wrote:

Jaws is insane in daytime. Are you kidding me!!! That is ludicrous. And awesome.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    oh my lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crazyyyyyyyyyyyy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    http://magicseaweed.com/Quiksilver-Pro- ... tent/3035/

LONG BEACH !!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE MY SUMMER HOUSE IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o8-)
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865

lesson: don't get caught inside at Mav's
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    http://magicseaweed.com/Quiksilver-Pro-New-York!-Content/3035/

LONG BEACH !!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE MY SUMMER HOUSE IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o8-)

Awesome! Vacancy?
    booomm11 wrote:
    http://magicseaweed.com/Quiksilver-Pro-New-York!-Content/3035/

Awesome! Vacancy?

DEF. GONNA BE TAKING VACATION WEEK...MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME FOR A FEW
    THE ONE HOTEL IN LON BEACH WAS RENTED OUT BY QUICKSILVER :lol:
    I'm in!
    UNLESS SLATER OR PARKO WANTS TO RENT MY HOUSE :lol:
    UNLESS SLATER OR PARKO WANTS TO RENT MY HOUSE :lol:
    :lol:
    FEB ISSUE OF VANITY FAIR HAS 10-15 page article on BIG WAVE surfing

and justin beiber on the cover :mrgreen:

my two obsessions. perfect.

RYEzupSF wrote:

my two obsessions. perfect.

:lol:
    Anyone read The Wave by Susan Casey? Crazy crazy crazy big wave surfing stories. Such an amazing read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of1kHz4bp9o

RYEzupSF wrote:
    Anyone read The Wave by Susan Casey? Crazy crazy crazy big wave surfing stories. Such an amazing read.

above awesome..finished in 2 days

her first book was about great whites off the farralons

great writer and pretty as hell
    RYEzupSF wrote:

reading "The Devil's Teeth" right now. I can't put it down. She is one bad-ass chick.

RYEzupSF wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

reading "The Devil's Teeth" right now. I can't put it down. She is one bad-ass chick.

2 amazing books...
    you cant put them down ...

she needs more spotlight..thanks for the youtube..never saw it

she actually started w/ an article in sports illustrated
    now editor in chief of oprah's mag
    she is so good because of the time she spends researching..plus she goes into the action..no sidelines shit
    she gets up and in there
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    mikalina wrote:
    I do not know how to surf, but my dream is to move near an ocean and start taking surfing lessons. My husband thinks its crazy but it's what I want to do! I keep hoping someday soon!!!

I love the ocean. Last year I told a friend I was going to go to Australia and learn to surf and they laughed...but now I think I really do want to do it. Or I guess Tofino in BC would be closer but Australia sounds nicer :D

You should do it!!

That's going to be my birthday present to myself...next summer, since this summer has been totally shitty weather wise. I love the water, have always bodysurfed and used the bodyboard, but never surfboards. SHould be interesting.
    rye...make sure u see the vanity fair story ..real awesome also

I'm going to get it today. thanks for the heads up. Just not sure which to read first- the big wave surf story or the Justin Bieber. Its a tough call.

Susan Casey was on Conan, I think the first or second week of the new show. I"m sure its on the interwebz somewhere. It was really cool to see her in person, and it was a good interview. That chick is fearless and she is like 5 feet tall. Badass.

RYEzupSF wrote:

I'm going to get it today. thanks for the heads up. Just not sure which to read first- the big wave surf story or the Justin Bieber. Its a tough call.

Susan Casey was on Conan, I think the first or second week of the new show. I"m sure its on the interwebz somewhere. It was really cool to see her in person, and it was a good interview. That chick is fearless and she is like 5 feet tall. Badass.

i only got half way thru bieber..cant wait till tomorrow :lol: made 100 mil in the past year :shock:

good article on jfk and his partying ways also
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5Lhh4SUD8

thank u for telling me about her on youtube..never thought to look :roll:

That was a great interview- thanks for the link. Wish the interviewer wasn't so fascinated with Oprah though. I would have preferred more wave talk. 8-)

Just read the Vanity Fair article- really good. I love how just reading about riding these waves makes my heart pound through my chest. That is one of the reasons I loved The Wave so much. It was almost like a workout just to read it. :lol: ...It was also interesting to read about the unlikely friendship between Bradshaw and Mark Foo.

Thanks for the recommendation! Now I'm off to read about Bieber. :lol: Maybe I'll start with the Kennedys first...

RYEzupSF wrote:

That was a great interview- thanks for the link. Wish the interviewer wasn't so fascinated with Oprah though. I would have preferred more wave talk. 8-)

Just read the Vanity Fair article- really good. I love how just reading about riding these waves makes my heart pound through my chest. That is one of the reasons I loved The Wave so much. It was almost like a workout just to read it. :lol: ...It was also interesting to read about the unlikely friendship between Bradshaw and Mark Foo.

Thanks for the recommendation! Now I'm off to read about Bieber. :lol: Maybe I'll start with the Kennedys first...

oh totally...people ask me if iam a big surfer because of my clothes and books and such ...im like hell yea ...meanwhile the only surfing i've ever done is through books ,mags and the internet :lol:

but yea you do feel like you've ridden waves after reading her book
    RYEzupSF wrote:

oh totally...people ask me if iam a big surfer because of my clothes and books and such ...im like hell yea ...meanwhile the only surfing i've ever done is through books ,mags and the internet :lol:

but yea you do feel like you've ridden waves after reading her book

hahaha right there with you. I'm obsessed and read and watch whatever I can get my hands on. Got the shit kicked out of me trying it once. Can't wait to do it again and on a regular basis. :lol:

kooks! :lol: just playin

"West of Jesus" is a good surfing book

We gonna see you out there? (spectating in your hoodie and flip flops 8-) )